Top 100 names 2021 (NZ)

Hello ,

The top 100 names in NZ came out a few days ago so I thought I’d share some interesting points -

Boys -

1. [name_u]Leo[/name_u] holds firm at #4
  2. [name_m]Otis[/name_m] debuts at #95
  3. [name_u]Ari[/name_u] jumps to #81
  4. [name_u]Edward[/name_u] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] sit at #63 and #64 (just think that’s funny)
  5. [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] reentered the top 100 at #93
  6. [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] continues it’s on and off again relationship going to #99
  7. [name_m]Angus[/name_m] left the top 100
  8. A lot of 90’s staples like [name_u]Connor[/name_u] , [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] , [name_u]Austin[/name_u] , [name_m]Adam[/name_m] , [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] and [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] hold firm
  9. [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] debuted at #82
  10. O sound names like [name_u]Nico[/name_u] , [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] , [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] all grew or remained stable

Girls -

1. [name_u]Kora[/name_u] with this spelling debuted at #96. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] last ranked in 2019 but does not rank in 2021.
  2. [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] reranked for the first time since 2014.
  3. [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] debuted at number #100
  4. [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] debuted at #91
  5. E names like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] , [name_f]Evie[/name_f] , [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] had a big moment all maintaining or rising
  6. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] debuted at #97
  7. [name_u]Marley[/name_u] debuted at #89
  8. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] rises to #87
  9. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] falls to #99
  10. Both modern nature names like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and older choices like [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and [name_f]Amber[/name_f] continue to do well.

The more comprehensive data will be out some time next week which should have some more interesting talking points then but here is the top 100!

8 Likes

why did i read this as “Angus left the chat” :joy: :sob:

I mean technically he did :rofl:

1 Like

This is cool. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a link to the top 100 list btw?

It’s a spreadsheet. Let me know if it doesn’t work and I’ll find you the link to download it from.

Top-100-girls-and-boys-names-since-1954 (5).xlsx (264.3 KB)

I find it intersting the [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] has been the top name here since 2013 will be intersting to see if its still the top name next year.