Top 12 Names (Boys)

Looking for feedback on my current top 12 (not totally in order). Any and all comments you might be looking to offer (impressions, imagery, sibset cohesion, ranking etc.).

Ferdinand [name_u]Jules[/name_u] or Jules [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], “[name_m]Ferdi[/name_m]”

Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], “[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]” or “[name_u]Robbie[/name_u]”

Ignatius [name_u]Jule[/name_u], “[name_m]Iggy[/name_m]”

Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u], “[name_m]Oz[/name_m]”

Endymion [name_u]Jules[/name_u], “[name_u]Day[/name_u]”

Constantine [name_u]Jules[/name_u], “[name_m]Tin[/name_m] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]”

Idris [name_m]Julian[/name_m], “Id” if necessary

Thelonious [name_u]Jule[/name_u], “[name_m]Till[/name_m]” or “[name_m]Tin[/name_m] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]”

Campion [name_u]Jules[/name_u], “[name_m]Kip[/name_m]”

Seamus [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m], “[name_u]Shea[/name_u]”

Taliesin [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], “[name_m]Tin[/name_m] [name_m]Tin[/name_m]”

Thanks, Berries!

1 Like

I love both [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]! For me personally [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] might be my favourite from this list. [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] is strong and knightly but, it has a soft feeling as well, as most F starting names have for me. I like [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and it sounds great with [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] reminds me of [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_u]Verne[/name_u].

Rubeus is a great name! It sounds balanced and adventurous. I also immediately think about Rubeus [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m] from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. I don’t remember hearing [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] before so his name is like a blanc page to me. Nickname [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is wonderful!

Ignatius is so powerful and I really like it with middle name [name_u]Jule[/name_u]! I imagine fire and flames.

The name Ozymandius is new for me. Quite a mouthful but very pretty. I think about the sonnets called ozymandias. I really like [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and I think it forms a good pair with Ozymandius.

Endymion is an attractive name. I like that it’s a name from Greek mythology. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is a fitting middle here as well.

Constantine is lovely. It feels royal and luxurious, maybe because of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] emperor, but not over the top. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] complements [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] perfectly. Maybe this name is actually my favourite!

Idris is a little shorter than you other options and your sons’ names but it feels just as magnificent. I think [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is a good middle name.

Thelonious is spunky, although the length makes it a bit heavy. After repeating it a few times it sounds very melodious to me. [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] sounds great.

Campion is a gorgeous nature name although it looks a bit like a misspelling of champion. Once again, [name_u]Jules[/name_u] seems a good middle name!

Seamus [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] sounds so good! I love this name and it’s maybe my favourite, so [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] forms my top 3 with [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u].

Taliesin [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] is so unique and I imagine a brave hero!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is a very handsome name. The others aren’t really my style.

I like [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] and [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] the best, although I love the name [name_m]Seamus[/name_m].

I’m going to rank them!

1. Constantine [name_u]Jules[/name_u]: I’ve liked this name since I watched [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Karenina. Obviously, it’s the Russian form in the book “[name_u]Konstantin[/name_u]” but I always liked his nickname “[name_u]Kostya[/name_u]” (pronounced Coast-ya). That being said, I think [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] is known to most people and is one of those great names that ages well with a boy. It has many nicknames to choose from that could fit any personality.
  2. Ignatius [name_u]Jule[/name_u]: Growing up Catholic, [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] was always a strong [name_m]Saint[/name_m]’s name that I heard passed around. I don’t like [name_u]Jule[/name_u] as much as [name_u]Jules[/name_u], because of the vaping product “[name_f]Juul[/name_f]”. However, my name is [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and I’ve been called both.
  3. Seamus [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m]: This one has my favorite nickname. [name_u]Shea[/name_u] is such a nice unisex name. And it ages well. He could go by both in the future. Also, [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is a strong name.
  4. Ferdinand [name_u]Jules[/name_u] or [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]: I like [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] more, just because I’m more formal. It does remind me of [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] the bull though.
  5. Endymion [name_u]Jules[/name_u]: love the nickname! [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] is dreamy and poetic. I like it.
  6. Campion [name_u]Jules[/name_u]: One of my school professor’s goes by [name_m]Kip[/name_m] and he’s older, so I think the nickname could stick forever. I’ve never heard Campion used but it seems easy to spell and pronounce. Again, a strong choice.
  7. Idris [name_m]Julian[/name_m]: [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_f]Elba[/name_f] made this name known so I always think of him first. A handsome, talented actor is a great association for a name. Also, [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is one of my favorites.
  8. Thelonious [name_u]Jule[/name_u]: Reminds me of [name_m]Thelonius[/name_m] Monk. I like the nn [name_m]Till[/name_m] though.
  9. Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]: Not a huge [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m] fan. I prefer [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]. But [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a cute nn.
  10. Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u]: The poem! Too hard to spell. [name_u]Jem[/name_u] is a guilty pleasure and also my initials.
    11.[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Hercule[/name_m]: I think people would really struggle to pronounce and spell this one. Of course, you do whatever you want and love, but I always like to take that into account. [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] reminds me of Poirot.
1 Like

I really like [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] is also cool. I think Ozymandius is my least favorite, I’m not sure how wearable it is. But I adore [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! [name_u]Idris[/name_u] and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] would be my sibset of choice but I might change [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] to [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] because [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] are probably too close. I’d also suggest [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m], and Riodan.

[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - In all honesty, [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] seems like it would be difficult to wear irl, though the adorable nn [name_m]Ferdi[/name_m] might change my mind.

[name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] - [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is very handsome! A cool name that’s definitely growing on me! Very nice with [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] in the middle!

Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] - Rubeus is so soft and lovely! One of my favorites from your list!

[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] - Depending on where you live, pronunciation may be an issue, especially if those in your area aren’t familiar with it.

Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u] - This is another one that I don’t think is wearable enough for a first name, but the combo flows well.

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - nms, but could definitely work! I love the imagery I get from this! [name_f]Regal[/name_f], but not overly formal.

[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - [name_m]Tin[/name_m] [name_m]Tin[/name_m] and [name_m]Till[/name_m] are such great nn options! [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] is so handsome!

[name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] - Doesn’t appeal to me personally, but could definitely work!

[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] - See Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u].

Campion [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - Doesn’t appeal to me.

[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]! Such a handsome name! [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite from your list!

[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] - nms, and could lead to pronunciation issue depending on where you live.

1 Like

Ferdinand [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - I love [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] so much. I have such a soft spot for the name. I think it’s so adorable and cuddly, while also having that added strength behind it. I do agree that maybe not everyone would consider it usable, but if anyone were to wear it well, it’d most likely be your child! H, A, & F seem like perfect brother names. [name_m]Ferdi[/name_m] is so cute, too.
[name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] - I think [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is so sweet and soft. Everytime I see the name it makes me smile, and I’d love to meet a little [name_u]Jules[/name_u]. I think I like how [name_u]Jules[/name_u] follows that uncommon, yet familiar theme your other boys names have! I’m torn between this and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], I still can’t tell which one I love more.
Rubeus [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] - [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my all time favorite name, and I love the idea of it on a boy, so I’m slightly biased. I think Rubeus is soft and sweet, and is really memorable. [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] feels a bit more cool and edgy, which I like with softer Rubeus! (I’m not a huge harry potter fan, but I remember [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m] being one of my favorites when I was younger, so I don’t think the association is a bad one!)
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] - I have a cousin whose middle name is [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]! It was the first time I’d heard it, and I thought it was so cool. I think it’s such a strong, powerful name so I love it paired with sweet [name_u]Jule[/name_u]. A perfect balance! [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] is a great nn too.
Ozymandius [name_u]Jem[/name_u] - Ozymandius is a lot of a name. Maybe too much. It could definitely work though, as [name_m]Oz[/name_m] is friendly and approachable. It just isn’t my favorite. Absolutely adore [name_u]Jem[/name_u] though!
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - I love this sooo much! It’s handsome, soft, dreamy, magical, dashing, poetic. What a perfect name. I think he’d make such a great match with H & A (and [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] has that hidden ‘io’ as well!) [name_u]Jules[/name_u] seems to perfectly balance the name as well. [name_u]Day[/name_u] is also the cutest nickname.
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - I’ve always liked the name [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]. I think it’s so strong. [name_m]Tin[/name_m] [name_m]Tin[/name_m] really makes it softer and more down to earth, I think. I do, however, think it’s missing a certain spark your other names have.
[name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] - I’ve never personally been that big of a fan of [name_u]Idris[/name_u]. I do think it’s handsome though, and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is the sweetest. It does go nicely with H & A!
[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u] - ooo, [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] is on my guilty pleasures list! I first heard the name on the show The 100, and I fell in love with it. I have it on my list with the nickname [name_u]Theo[/name_u], but I looove [name_m]Till[/name_m]!! This combo is strong, yet soft and definitely memorable.
Campion [name_u]Jules[/name_u] - I have a very unfortunate association with someone whose last name was Campion, so I don’t love it for personal reasons. I do see the appeal though, and [name_m]Kip[/name_m] is one of my absolute favorites!
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] - I know a little [name_m]Seamus[/name_m], and he’s the cutest! [name_u]Shea[/name_u] is such a sweet, cool nickname. [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] is one of my favorites too! I do think [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] maybe isn’t as magical as your other boys names. I’d personally prefer if the combo was reversed!
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] - I think [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] sounds brave and heroic, and very very cool. I do imagine there’d be some pronunciation issues though. I adore [name_m]Hercule[/name_m]. This combo just sounds like the name of a hero in a fantasy novel!

My absolute favorite is [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]. I just cannot get over how perfect the name is, and how perfectly it pairs with H & A. Followed (very) close behind would be
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], and [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Hercule[/name_m]!

[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] Jules or [name_u]Jules[/name_u] Ferdinand , “Ferdi
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is fantastic! It’s big and bold but also peaceful and gentle

Rubeus Taliesin , “Ruby” or “Robbie
This is intriguing, soft and magical.

[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] Jule , “Iggy
This is so cool and sparky feelinf! [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] is the cutest nickname!

Ozymandius Jem , “Oz
This feels too big to me and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] feels unbalanced in the combo

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] Jules , “Day
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]. Big but it just roles off the tongue! I like it a lot

[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] Jules , “Tin Tin
Quite nice and interesting

[name_u]Idris[/name_u] Julian , “Id” if necessary
I like how this name packs a lot into such a short space. It’s fiery and mystical!

[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] Jule , “Till” or “Tin Tin
I’m not a fan of [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]. Neither the sounds nor the appearance appeal to me

Campion Jules , “Kip
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] is adorable and versatile and I’m intrigued by Campion. It looks and sounds great

[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] Nicodem , “Shea
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is rugged and adevnturous and [name_m]Nicodem[/name_m] is unexpected and flows wekl

[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] Hercule , “Tin Tin
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] is cool and interesting- [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] would be dashing too