Top 3 for Mary's middle name - help!

Hello again!

We’ve decided the boys names will be [name]Edward[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name].

I have my top 3 for [name]Mary[/name]'s middle name and just cannot decide:
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

If you could tell me your favourite and why you prefer it over the others that would be great! Our other kids are [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Peter[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Surname is [name]Rose[/name].

Thanks [name]Elinor[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]! Congrats on the triplets, how exciting!
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name] are handsome names.
Now on to little [name]Mary[/name]…

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] - I love this. The flow is perfect, and it honors you!
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - this sounds harsh to me, I don’t know why…
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - I dislike repeating M’s.

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] is definitely my favorite!

Thankyou lainy! These will most likely be our last children (the plan was for 5…) so we’re trying to get all our favourite names in! My husband, [name]Elliot[/name], really loved the idea of using my name as a middle as does my eldest, [name]Lucy[/name] (she’s 14 so her ideas are fairly sensible!)… Some of the names my sons were coming out with - haha - well it was a good laugh! Maybe I should give in, especially as I don’t have any better ideas!

Is it weird to name the 3rd daughter after the mum?

[name]Elinor[/name] x

[name]Elinor[/name],

I don’t think it is that weird to use your name in a third daughter’s name, but I think you could also honor yourself with a variant of your name, [name]Helena[/name]. [name]Elinor[/name] is a variant of [name]Eleanor[/name] which is a variant of [name]Helen[/name], which also means “bright, shining one” - [name]Helena[/name] is a variant of [name]Helen[/name], so it is also a variant of [name]Elinor[/name]. Personally, I like the flow of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] more than [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (-r R- isn’t ideal!), and I like the fact that it introduces a new middle initial.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

1 [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - I like the lilting flow of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] for some reason.
2 [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t you think you deserve to be honoured after all of your hard work in the past, present and future? [name]Seven[/name] children is quite a reason to celebrate YOU!!!
3 [name]Mary[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - A classy and majestic choice.
All are fine with your lovely surname of [name]Rose[/name]. Maybe you should take all 3 names to the hospital with you and see which middle name suits her!

I love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! So elegant, and it flows very beautifully.
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] is cute, too, but like [name]Lemon[/name] suggested, maybe you can honor yourself with a variant? Some variants of [name]Eleanor[/name] include: [name]Ella[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Helen[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Ellen[/name]. :slight_smile:
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is nice and elegant as well.

Good luck!

That’s an idea lemon… not too keen on [name]Helena[/name] though… We were considering [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. But any other ideas?

mischa - that really cheered me up - may be you’re right??!!

We are now undecided between [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Ellen[/name] for [name]Mary[/name]'s middle name. So what do you think?
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Thankyou, [name]Elinor[/name] x

I immediately like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] in the first post before I even realized it was your name. It seems more sophisticated than [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name], which seems a little more cutesy to me. [name]Both[/name] are good, but different feels to them.

I understand it would be a bit weird to use your own name, although I do hope to pass along my mn and a mn for a daughter someday, but it won’t be quite so weird bc neither of us will go by it. However, I love names that have meaning, and what a great connection for her to have.

I love the flow of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. The other two just dont really do much for me. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful, I also like the idea of “[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elle[/name]” as a nn, not sure if your a nn person though.

I think it is a great idea to name baby after mother.

I know that you have decided on either [name]Elinor[/name] or [name]Ellen[/name].

Frankly, I am so pleased to see [name]Ellen[/name] used and don’t find it cutesy at all but sweet, feminine and soft in a lovely way.

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] could almost be the first name it is so easy to say. I like the freshness of [name]Ellen[/name] too as I have heard of so many Eleanors and Elinors over the last few years. Yes, it is a beautiful name and I love that your baby has your name but if I was choosing between the two I would choose [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name].

However, I love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and the longer combo of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Anne[/name].

best wishes

rollo

I prefer [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] to [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name], personally, but to almost combine the sounds of the two names, you could use [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elena[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. That’s quite distinctive!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: