Top 3 names. Opinions needed!

Ok so these three names top our list right now… it’s just so hard to commit on a name for LO’s entire life! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the MN [name_m]Hart[/name_m], it doesn’t flow with [name_u]August[/name_u] tho [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Also like the names [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Park[/name_m]/[name_m]Parke[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]. Plus a bunch more. Feels like we like names all over the spectrum and this is our first so don’t want to get “stuck” with a genre we may not like later on.

DH (dear husband) thinks [name_m]Simon[/name_m]= the nursery rhyme Simple [name_m]Simon[/name_m]… but told me tonight he’s liking it more.

Our last name is two syllables and ends with the -en sound. Sounds sort of like reason.

So how would you rank the three names? Or which one is your favorite? What middle names would you pair with them? Open to different opinions or ideas too.

I’m a little unclear of which 3 names we’re talking about, so I’ll rank all of them as first names and then as middle names (with fn/mn options I think suit each). [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

FNs

1. [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (love the nn. [name_m]Link[/name_m])
  2. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (love the nn. [name_m]Eli[/name_m])
  4. [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Park[/name_m] [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]
  6. [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

MNs

1. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] (love the nn. [name_u]Theo[/name_u])
  2. [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Park[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
  6. [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

What are the top three names? I think [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] are both great. I really like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] too. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] sounds really good. So does [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m].

Middle names for [name_u]August[/name_u]:

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Piers[/name_m]/[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]

I’m liking short, cool middle names with [name_u]August[/name_u]. I do think that [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] also sounds good, though. The “t” sound at the end of [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is harder than the “st” sound at the end of [name_u]August[/name_u], so to me it doesn’t sound too repetitive.

I think a lot of the names you’ve listed are flexible enough that they can work with lots of different sibling names, so I wouldn’t worry too much about pigeon-holing yourself into a genre. A name like [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] might be harder to come up with sibling names for, but names like [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] can be paired with classic names, modern names, etc. [name_u]August[/name_u] could have a brother named [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Holden[/name_m] or [name_m]Axel[/name_m] and they would all sound fine.

Sorry meant to put the names in the title and then forgot. [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], or [name_u]August[/name_u].

My fave combos:
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] (I actually like them together!)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] are my faves. Not a huge fan of [name_m]Simon[/name_m] or [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] but they do sound nice with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] or [name_m]Hart[/name_m].

I think [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] sounds really nice. I like all three of your choices but [name_u]August[/name_u] is one of my favorites, so it gets my vote. [name_u]August[/name_u], then [name_m]Simon[/name_m], then [name_m]Jonas[/name_m].

Alone my order of pref is

1. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

With [name_m]Hart[/name_m] I like

1. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] – still really like this one though and think it’s totally usable. Actually maybe [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is the best of the three if you want to avoid S+hart (shart). [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] would be handsome too.

Good luck!