Top 4 girls names picked...am I all over the place?

So after months and months of discussion, my husband and I have a list of 4 girls names that we can somewhat agree on and wouldn’t totally resent the other for if it was used :-p

We can’t agree on what order they come in as far as favorites, but that isn’t an issue yet as we aren’t TTC until [name_u]March[/name_u]…

I was thinking about the group though and wondering, am I all over the place here? These names don’t seem like the same style to me, but that may be because some are my husbands favorites…

I’m just wondering about the berries opinions about these names.
Please keep the comments nice though, you never know who is reading or what name they have chosen for their child, I wouldn’t want anyone to be offended unnecessarily…

Thanks berries :slight_smile:

(Again, in no particular order)

1. [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (nn would probably be Auri or [name_u]Rae[/name_u])
  4. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (nn would probably be [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Genie[/name_f])

I quite like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]! They are both lovely. Nothing really wrong with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], they’re just nms - I prefer the spelling [name_u]Clare[/name_u] or even [name_u]Clair[/name_u], and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]'s a bit too religious for me.

Ranking

1 [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - an old name that sounds fresh because it’s relatively rare.
2 [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - pretty and evocative
3 [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - short, simple and sweet
4 [name_f]Lola[/name_f] - what [name_f]Lola[/name_f] wants, [name_f]Lola[/name_f] gets! Lots of exotic sensuality - maybe too much for my comfort level. I like it as a nn for something like [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] but not as a first name.

1. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] - short and sassy. I go back and forth on whether I find it too nicknamey though. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it’s spunk.
  2. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - Never liked it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] brings to mind images of a snooty girl with dad’s credit card.
  3. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (nn would probably be Auri or [name_u]Rae[/name_u]) - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name, don’t give it a nickname on purpose though please!
  4. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (nn would probably be [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Genie[/name_f]) - See [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. If a nickname is going to happen just let it happen naturally. It’s a great name as is.

Great selection of names! They are quite different styles from each other, but who cares? They’re all good!

I’ve just met a little girl named [name_f]Lola[/name_f], and I adore the name. It’s spunky and sweet, just like she is. This is my favorite on your list.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is lovely and simple, you can’t go wrong with it. On the other hand, it doesn’t stand out quite as much as the rest of your names do, in terms of unique-ness.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is elegant and a bit heavy for a little girl, but beautiful all the same. Though your chosen nicknames cut out some of the heaviness. I like Auri as a nickname quite a bit, but [name_u]Rae[/name_u] not as much (hearing it said makes me think of all the boy Rays - Everyone Loves [name_m]Raymond[/name_m], for example). Auri is great though, and brings back some of the spunk of [name_f]Lola[/name_f].

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is a very beautiful and intricate name, though again I find it a little heavy. Also, it has evangelical overtones to me, so if that’s good with you, no problem, but for me unfortunately that is a dealbreaker though if I don’t think about that, then I do love the sound and feel of the name. Feels very old-fashioned, in a good way. I like the nickname [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Genie[/name_f] is fine, too.

I think of your list, I am loving [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (nn Auri) as my favorites of your top four. But you’ve got a great list, so you can’t go wrong! Good luck and congrats!

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], nn [name_u]Ange[/name_u] (meaning ‘angel’ in [name_m]French[/name_m]).

1. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]- this is my favorite. I have it on my list. I think it is sweet and sophisticated at the same time. I like the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f], but [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is nice too
  2. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]- I like the simplicity of [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. It is really classy, and ages well. I love the spelling [name_u]Clare[/name_u], but [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is nice too.
  3. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]- I love the look and feel of the name, but I feel like everyone pronounces it different, which turns me off to the name.
  4. [name_f]Lola[/name_f]- It is just a bit nicknamey for me. I like it, but can’t picture it on an adult. I doesn’t help that my cousin had a stuffed dog that she named [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. So that is what I think of.

I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (nn Auri or [name_u]Rae[/name_u]) - A beautiful rare name! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] has a mystical princess feel and Auri and [name_u]Rae[/name_u] are spunky and gorgeous!
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - I love the long flowing feel of the name and once again great nicknames!
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] - short and sweet with lots of spunk but NMS.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - I can see why people like this name, it’s lovely and classic but for personal associations I don’t like it.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] ~ This is so lovely! All the [name_f]Lola[/name_f]'s I’ve met have been lovely people.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] ~ I was almost a [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I wouldn’t have minded that. I like it a lot!
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] ~ I’ve recently fallen in love with this name! Auri is one of my favorite nns ever.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f] is an adorable nn, and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is such a good full name for later. Although, like some previous posters I think it’s a big name.

I would probably go with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] from your list! But whichever you choose will be lovely. I really couldn’t pick a favorite!

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] too me is a bit too party girl sounding.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is lovely and I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] too.
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is pretty, though I dislike [name_u]Rae[/name_u].
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is beautiful, though I do not care for [name_f]Genie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is beautiful and my favourite of the four names. I love longer girl’s names that have a range of nicknames available and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is one that fits that criteria. It’s so elegant and sophisticated and I can picture it on a baby and adult too and it can suit a range of personalities too.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is my next favourite, it looks beautiful and I want to really like it but something doesn’t sit right with me. I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. However, it is still elegant and sophisticated like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] would be my 3rd choice, I find it sweet, girly and fun. However, I can’t picture a [name_f]Lola[/name_f] over the age of about 7 years old. It is pretty popular in the UK but I personally see it as more of a cat/dog name than for a human. It seems nicknamey, and that’s not something I look for in a name. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] would have no other options, whereas [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] do. Maybe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Lolita[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Lola[/name_f]?

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is my least favourite, I find it dull and dated.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is my favorite, and the name we plan on giving to our daughter this spring. Interestingly, we plan on naming her [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], with the nickname [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!

So clearly, my next favorite is [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. Although I love it and think it does work as a stand alone name, I much prefer it as a nickname

I’m not a huge fan of either [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but neither are negative - just not my style!

Good luck!

• [name_f]Aggie[/name_f]-

I love all of your names. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are also on our short list at the moment. And my cat’s named [name_f]Lola[/name_f]! I love love love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] but it’s always a difficult pronunciation for most. I would go with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]!

I’m biased as we named out first daughter [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], it’s my favourite name of all time.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is so beautiful to me. I used to have a best friend called [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Evy[/name_f], but our little girl (not so little anymore!) gets called [name_f]Eve[/name_f] by everyone. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is a great nn too, everything works with this name I feel! [name_f]Genie[/name_f] is probably my least favourite nn choice.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] would be my next choice. SUCH beautiful name in my opinion. I live in [name_f]France[/name_f] and so I have met a few [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]'s and it I always think how pretty it is. I probably wouldn’t even nn a baby with this name, but out of your nn choices I do like Auri. I always have bad association with the name [name_u]Rae[/name_u], but that’s personal choice I guess.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] are OK. [name_f]Lola[/name_f], in my opinion, became very popular a couple of years ago, and I was never such a big fan. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a very pretty name, but to me it can sometimes sound old fashioned/plain? [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion- both names would work!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a middle name decided yet? [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sounds pretty to me out of your options!

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is the only one I actually like. Beautiful and simple with a lovely meaning.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] just makes me think of that song about the cross-dresser.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] feels overly fussy and very…angelic. It’s not ugly, just a little over the top for me (like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Rafaela[/name_f], etc.)
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - my first thought is aureola (as in nipple) and my second is “oh really? uh…”. Yea, I just don’t find it attractive.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] nn Auri is my favorite. So gorgeous! [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] are also very nice. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] has too much of a seductress association for me (i.e. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_m]Montez[/name_m])…I wouldn’t use it.