TOP 5 - WDYT?

See the results of this poll: Vote!

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Arabella: 7 (19%)
  • Madeleine: 10 (28%)
  • Esme: 13 (36%)
  • Kylie: 2 (6%)
  • Keira: 4 (11%)

[name]Arabella[/name] (nn [name]Bella[/name]): I love [name]Arabella[/name]! :slight_smile: I think it sounds so elegant, and I can also picture it on a baby/little girl. I think any little girl would love to have this name.

[name]Madeleine[/name]: More popular than [name]Arabella[/name], but I think it’s such a pretty name.

[name]Esme[/name]: I love it, but if your last name starts with an M, I don’t think [name]Esme[/name] flows very well.

[name]Kylie[/name]: [name]Kylie[/name] feels very trendy to me, and very different from the other names.

[name]Keira[/name]: I prefer [name]Keira[/name] to [name]Kylie[/name], but love your other names more. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help! The top 3 are “mine” the bottom 2 are my husband’s choices… we have fairly different tastes in names. :slight_smile:

Our last name starts with an L and is two syllables…

(My username is a remnant from my single days!)

Thanks for the help! The top 3 are “mine” the bottom 2 are my husband’s choices… we have fairly different tastes in names. :slight_smile:

Our last name starts with an L and is two syllables…

(My username is a remnant from my single days!)[/quote]

You’re welcome. Wow! You and your husband do have different styles! ([name]Don[/name]'t tell him, but I like yours better…Shhhh…) :slight_smile:

With an L last name, I think that [name]Esme[/name] sounds great!

This makes me sad, but I get tongue-tied when I say [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Lawson[/name] (sample L last name), because of so many Ls. (And the same goes for [name]Madeleine[/name].) :frowning:

Some more names you may like:

[name]Aurelia[/name] (reminds me of [name]Arabella[/name], but the lia ending is easlier for me to say with your last name)
[name]Amelia[/name] (ditto)
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] (I love this French name)
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] (a K name for your husband) :slight_smile:
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Arabella[/name] - I love [name]Arabella[/name]! It seems so classic and elegant yet still fresh and exciting, and its feminine sophistication makes it a real winner for a little girl and a grown woman. [name]Bella[/name] is a cute nickname, but I also like [name]Ari[/name] to distinguish little [name]Arabella[/name] from the crowd of [name]Bella[/name]'s ([name]Isabella[/name]) in the world today!

[name]Madeleine[/name] - Beautiful name with its most classic and sophisticated spelling, in my opinion. Not too keen on [name]Maddie[/name], but the name as a whole is lovely.

[name]Esme[/name] - I’m not on the [name]Esme[/name] bandwagon, though I know much of Nameberry is. That being said, I think it would make a beautiful middle name for [name]Madeleine[/name].

[name]Kylie[/name] - I don’t care for this at all. It is too trendy and a bit dated - yes, a name can be both - for my taste, and I don’t see it aging well.

[name]Keira[/name] - One of my favorites from names with a more modern feel (and I do like [name]Keira[/name] Knightley, too), but I like [name]Arabella[/name] more!

You said you want a [name]Winter[/name]-themed middle name, so something like [name]Winter[/name], [name]December[/name], [name]January[/name], [name]Snow[/name] (though it isn’t my favorite), [name]Noel[/name], or [name]Holly[/name] would be pretty. [name]Even[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] might work! Or, the Italian snow, [name]Neve[/name], would be elegant.

My favorite is [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Winter[/name]!

[name]Katharina[/name] came to mind. I think it’s a perfect compromise (the more trendy K for your hubby and a longer classic name for you). There are also a lot of cute nn like [name]Kat[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katie[/name]/[name]Rina[/name]. WDYT?

I do like [name]Katharina[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name] and the associated nicknames a lot (there are so many good ones!), my husband had vetoed this a while
ago, but maybe it is time to run it past him again. :slight_smile:

Others that were listed that we were talking about are [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], and “[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Esme[/name]” which I absolutely love! Thanks again!!

[name]Keira[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is my favorite

Thanks for all the help! What do you think of [name]Esme[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]? [name]Esme[/name] is a little harder to pair a middle name with (for me) since it is a fairly short first name. Other suggestions? :slight_smile:

bump :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that [name]Esme[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is pretty, but I don’t think it’s the best with an L last name, because the L sound from [name]Noelle[/name] and the L sound from your last name cancel each other out when I say the name out loud. That’s just me, though. :slight_smile:

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] L_____
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] L_____
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] L_____
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name] L____
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name] L______
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] L______
[name]Esme[/name] Valetine _______ ([name]Winter[/name] name–although if it’s pronounced val-en-tine, as opposed to val-en-teen, it sounds a bit like “Is my [name]Valentine[/name].”) :slight_smile:

If the L issue doesn’t bother you:

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (although I think a longer middle sounds so pretty)
[name]Esme[/name] Rosabel

Good luck!

I really want to love [name]Esme[/name]. It’s on my list too, because the other day I suddenly remembered that about 20 years ago I thought it would be a great name should I ever have a girl. But now that I’m expecting one, I’m balking at [name]Esme[/name]. I still love it in theory but I’m trying to picture myself at the playground, hollering her name to get her attention, and that accent on the second syllable keeps throwing me. I’m having trouble enunciating it strongly.

I love [name]Esme[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] - what a great suggestion!

I too have some minor reservations about [name]Esme[/name], but I also have some minor reservations about each name - it’s such a major and difficult decision!

We’ve picked a name: [name]Esme[/name] [name]Frost[/name] L______

Thanks for all of the help!!! [name]Happy[/name] New Year!

Yea! I love [name]Esme[/name] so much, and I think it’s pretty with [name]Frost[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! (And thanks for the update!)

:slight_smile: