Top Names 2020, Berlin, Germany

Berlin Names 2020 Summary.pdf (432.5 KB)

They have released the complete name data for [name_u]Berlin[/name_u] yesterday. I have consolidated the top first names and middle names for your reading pleasure :slight_smile:

If you have [name_f]Apple[/name_f] Numbers and want the full data I used for this, feel free to inbox me!

4 Likes

Interesting how it seems the classic choices are recognizable (to me as an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker) but then there’s a few distinctly-[name_m]German[/name_m] sounding names sprinkled in. In particular, I really enjoy the top boy names ([name_m]Emil[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m] etc) compared to American ones. [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] is also adorable!

1 Like

I love that list! Thank you!

1 Like

I’m really surprised to see [name_u]Liam[/name_u] so high for the boys! I know it’s wildly popular in the [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking world including plenty of non-Irish people, but it seems so Irish that it’s hard for me to imagine it in [name_u]Germany[/name_u]. Thanks so much for compiling this, especially the middle name data.

1 Like