Top three choices (for now...)

Ok the current three, that all have such a different feel! Many of my friends have had several picks and waited until they saw their little one before bestowing a name!

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]

[name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]

Which one do you like best?

Oh wow, what a great (and difficult) selection!

My instinct says [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], but I also love the other two! It would help to know your last name and if you have any children already.

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]! [name]Lovely[/name] and classy!

[name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] is beautiful! My second choice is [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]. I also love [name]Adeline[/name] as a first name…perhaps [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] followed closely by [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name].

Never been a big fan of [name]Ingrid[/name] although I seem to be in the minority here. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]

No other children…but maybe I will have a ton of girls and I can use each of the names! [name]Carlson[/name] is our last name

[name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Carlson[/name] is amazing! :smiley:

This is tough! I can definitely see [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] as sisters, and I adore both of those combinations. Out of curiosity, would you nickname [name]Elisabeth[/name]? I think [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] would make great sisters, but then again so would [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Betty[/name]/[name]Betsy[/name].

I do like [name]Lucy[/name], and I adore [name]Beatrix[/name], but I don’t feel like it ages as well as [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] do (and I’m saying that despite having met many an adult [name]Lucy[/name]). I know you’re probably not looking for suggestions, but both [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] have a similar feel and age better, in my opinion. [name]Both[/name] would sound nice with [name]Beatrix[/name], too.

My final vote goes to [name]Beatrix[/name], purely because I think she sounds more like an older sister to [name]Elisabeth[/name] than the other way round!

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I love [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]!

I think my favourite is [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] in reality, though on paper it might be [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]. [name]Ingrid[/name] is one of those names I adore. I love looking at it, I love the sound of it in my head, and then the second I say it out loud and imagine calling a baby/child/teenager by that name, it just doesn’t seem to work to me. It’s a very very strong name which can sound harsh on a young cute baby in my opinion, but it is beautiful and if you don’t have the same hang ups as me it’d be a wonderful choice for you.

[name]Elisabeth[/name] though is stunning, and I particularly love the softer “s” spelling. And don’t get me started on [name]Lilac[/name]…one of my favourite names ever which makes a particularly pretty middle name (it may be too much as a first).

I’m not a fan of [name]Lucy[/name], it’s an ok name but I’ve never fallen for it. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] would win me over though and I think [name]Beatrix[/name] would probably be my top choice of all for a first name out of all your names.

I can imagine a sibset of [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] :slight_smile: Good luck choosing!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]…gorgeous!

This is so difficult!

So most current thoughts:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] with the nn Inzie, or her full name, since I think [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] sounds so musical!
I annunciate [name]Ingrid[/name] to make it softer (because I just love how the name looks, feels and I love that it starts with an I. So it is more like “In-grid” vs “Ing-rid”

For [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] we would call her [name]Lulu[/name]

I [name]DO[/name] like the suggestion of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]! But hate the nn “[name]Bea[/name]” and don’t prefer “[name]Trixie[/name]”

Another name idea we have been throwing around recently (honors a grandmother and great-grandmother):

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Leia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Okay, I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name], called [name]Lulu[/name], though I do see the appeal of [name]Ingrid[/name]. I can’t say I’d like my name to be [name]Ingrid[/name], nor do I quite understand your [in-grid] pronunciation - that’s not “in” as in inside, is it? Maybe it is more like [een-grid,] perhaps? Anyway, I do see the appeal, and Inzie is just adorable for a nickname, but am I the only one who thinks the flow of [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] is far less than ideal? I find that, with those nearly back-to-back D’s, the name comes off as rather abrupt and harsh, whereas something like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] flows beautifully…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I would probably compound [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Leia[/name] to get Annaleia [name]Charlotte[/name] and pick that since it has special meaning to you. Of the others I like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] best followed by [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Lilac[/name].

I really like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Leia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]! [name]Anna[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is pretty, also.

I agree with [name]Lemon[/name] that the Ds do somewhat stand out in this combination. My favorite by far from your list is [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]!

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name]