π™ƒπ™šπ™–π™§π™©π™¬π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨' π™‰π™–π™’π™žπ™£π™œ π™Žπ™šπ™§π™«π™žπ™˜π™š! 🚩 OPENED AGAIN after 1 year

trying to start a trend or something… :dove:

hi! i have thought of an idea. give me a name- any name, can be your favourite combo, the name of a character, your own name- and i will give you two options. i will rename it!

Renaming this from β€œLou’s naming service” to Clem’s Naming Service" or β€œHeartwings’ Naming Service”

6 Likes

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

1 Like

OPTION 1.

minerva ludovica! :wilted_flower::european_castle: β€œmilou”

reason: minerva was the roman version of athena and it means wisdom too, and ludovica is the italian variant of louise along with luisa! plus the meaning warrior + wisdom= athena / minerva, goddess of wisdom and war.

meaning: she who is a valorous warrior and is of intellect and has wisdom

OPTION 2.

althea isadora :stars::performing_arts: β€œalis”

reason: althea sounds like athena and is of ancient greek origin too. isadora is because i took it from louISe and also has a similar style, but is much more rarer. plus isadora means smart and is also from a goddess, isis, which is the goddess of mind too, like athena.

meaning: she who has healing power and is full of wisdom OR she who has healing power and is a gift of isis

you can also choose to rename my name as i stated, but you are not obligated to!

lucie adΓ©laΓ―de

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to ludovica minerva.

2 Likes

Ooh, can I be sneaky and give you my current top two? Please feel free to pick just one if you aren’t able to do both!

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]

and

[name_f]Vita[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Otema :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] :slight_smile:
(Thanks for doing this

1 Like

OPTION 1.

ivan ambrose ! :honey_pot::skunk: β€œbrose” (ivo florian)

reason: ivan is from ivo, and ambrose reminds me of natural or floral vibes like florian, plus has a similar soft a little androgynous vibe for me, it is just so similar.

meaning: immortal and gracious

febe vittoria :carousel_horse::sunflower: β€œfia” (vita apolline)

reason: vita is technically a nickname for vittoria, italian variant of victoria. febe was the version, and used as a name in italy but rarely, of the title of apollo. in italy, we refer at apollo as β€œfebo apollo”, i don’t know if there you refer at him as i don’t know, phoebus apollo. and apolline of course is from apollo, hah. so two italian names, eh!

meaning: bright and victorious

OPTION 2.

archer dorian :bow_and_arrow::dizzy: β€œado” (ivan florian)

reason: ivo means archer and seems pretty bohΓ©mien for me which is also archer, and dorian ends like florian and gives me the same vibe, unlike for example lucian or fabian which end in -ian too. dorian is just soft and literary and a little poetic too, gives me a similar vibe. plus together is a reference to apollo too like febe vittoria, because archer is a subtle reference due to apollo being an archer a lot of times and dorian is because it means too from the dorians, which they lived in also the homeland of apollo, they are two apollian titles.

meaning: he who is an archer and is a gift / is of the dorians

vera daphne :tulip::film_strip: *vené” (vita apolline)

reason: vera reminds me of vita and they both were used in 1890-1920s, and so is daphne used between 1890-1920s. together they give a vintage vibe from that era, plus daphne is a reference to apollo- have you ever heard of apollo and daphne? and apolline, you know, literally comes from apollo hah.

meaning: laurel of verity / true glory (the laurel symbolizes glory and is also the tree of apollo and of the winning people of olympiads in ancient greece, of emperors in ancient rome exc.) / true faith (vera means both verity and faith) / laurel full of faith

you can also choose to rename my name as i stated, but you are not obligated to!

diana marcella

anastasia constance

(since you give me two names i give you two too, but you can just do one or not do them at all.)

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to vittoria febe or dorian archer, exc.

1 Like

OPTION 1.

fedra rosalind enive ! :bow_and_arrow::wilted_flower::feather: β€œfern”

reason: fedra has the same meaning and ancient classic heritage of clara. rosalind is a compost name like rosemary of rose. enive is a name i just invented, because otema i can’t seem to find it no where, so i just made up a name you can’t find because i invented it lol. and it has a similar vibe.

meaning: she who is bright and famous, and is glorious, a beautiful rose. (i don’t have a meaning for enive in the combo because i invented it.)

OPTION 2.

cora florence adina :art::clapper:β€œcorrie”

reason: the combo overall is whimsical and a bit bohemian, like the one you gave me, but somehow vintage and victorian, adina is an invented name and cora has same style and sound like clara, florence is flower inspired like rosemary and is long.

meaning: she who has a heart made of flowers (adina does not really have a meaning)

rosina beatrice

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to florence cora adina.

2 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] how wonderful!

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] (Indi) or [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] (Ren)

Thank you so much!

1 Like

OPTION 1.

jules otto ! :dark_sunglasses::pretzel: β€œjot”

reason: overall an european stylish vibe, but jules is a french variant of julian or similar, otto is german like oscar and start with o too and is short, have similar vibe

meaning: wealthy and young

OPTION 2.

florian leo :blueberries::lion: β€œflo”

reason: a little bit androgynous and very soft, overall leo is european style like oscar and is short, plus florian ends like julian and is soft too.

meaning: a leon who loves flowers

sofia wilhelmina

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to otto jules.

1 Like

OPTION 1.

gwendolyn briar ! :crescent_moon::wilted_flower: β€œgwen”

reason: gwendolyn sounds like rosalind, and briar has similar sound and style of blythe and is gender neutral.

meaning: a white rose with thorn

OPTION 2.

aliza hildegard :film_projector::mantelpiece_clock: β€œhilda”

reason: hildegard is a little chunky but beautiful like rosamund, aliza means happy like blythe.

meaning: the little witch who is happy and protected

klara ottilie / ottilie klara (you can choose the order or do whatever you want, just those two names. and again, you are not obligated.)

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to briar gwendolyn.

2 Likes

ooh, this seems interesting! i’d love to see your take on mia charlize. thank you in advance!

1 Like

could you please rename charlee june (g)? :sparkling_heart: it’s our current front runner if baby is a girl, but i’d love some other ideas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(i’ll rename your names when i get home from work tonight!)

1 Like

OPTION 1.

maia charlotte ! :honeybee::pancakes: β€œmalot”

reason: even though i wanted to go by maia carlotta or maia karlotta by the start, i felt like maia charlotte flowed much better. yes ok charlotte is a bit basic, but in this case it is a classic and very sweet and elegant and reminds me of a mia charlize too. same vibe! please note that maia has totally different meaning and origins from maya, mia sounds like maia, plus maia has it own meaning which means mother or nurturing and a lot of other meanings, like mia which has also the mine meaning but maia is also a diminutive of maria- like mia!

meaning: she who is free and strong, and is like a mother for all of us, because she fights, protects and nurtures.

OPTION 2.

manon Γ©lise :croissant::butterfly:β€œmeli”

reason: manon is technically a diminutive of marie / maria just like mia is, and charlize remind me of alizée but then i thought about élise which is similar but sounds better, they all are somehow common in france right now but not out of france, and combined together gives same vibes of mia charlène but shorter!

meaning: she who is the princess of the bitter sea, but is full of compassion, healed and nurtured, we all want her as daughter and she is promised that she will be in heaven, and full of happiness.

daphne cosette

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to charlotte maia.

1 Like

Could you give my top two [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] and [name_m]OisΓ­n[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] a go? And I’ll definitely try to rename yours.

1 Like

Matilda Moon :crescent_moon:

Matilda means β€œmighty in battle” which ties in with Marcella’s warlike meaning.

Moon in honour of the moon goddess Diana.

I chose an alliterative combo as a kind of reversal of the two A endings in the original.

Clemency Anstice :cherry_blossom:

Clemency is a lacy yet substantial vintage virtue name like Constance, with a similarly warm meaning.

Anstice is a Medieval English variant of Anastasia, with a sound that mirrors Constance.

I chose to keep the initials with this one, only reversed!

2 Likes

oh, of course! i would love to name charlee june, and good luck with work! :tulip::pleading_face:

OPTION 1.

francie maye ! :teddy_bear::blossom: β€œfaye”

reason: charlee means freedom so i thought about frances, but francie maye flows better and is so cute omg, and i see your names be more a cutesy but usable style, and francie definitely fits. maye is a month name too but not necessary month name, just like june! and is a surname gender neutral name too. so is francie, and charlee june do look a little bit androgynous, hah but leaning femm for me.

meaning: she who is free and strong, and is the first in everything (the etimology of may is the first, the major, the great).

OPTION 2.

giunone carli :bouquet::duck:β€œgiuli”

reason: they are both italian names and carli is like charlie but an italian version and sounds so cute but also a similar style of charlee, and giunone is italian variant of juno and actually is used as a name but rarely, and juno sounds like june but did you know that june comes from juno? the month was named after the goddess giunone!

meaning: she is young and she is free and strong (can also add the meaning queen of heaven even though giunone doesn’t mean that it just means young but she was the queen of the roman pantheon so it is also added as a meaning a lot of times, see nameberry β€œjuno”).

plus you can rename the name below or choose another one or more names from my user card or from my posts.

guinevere lumi

feel free to change the nickname or to switch the order like to maye francie.

1 Like

oh, what a great idea!

jasper vincent :evergreen_tree: and aoife blossom :blossom:

1 Like

Vera Lucille

Could you do Lilac Katie

1 Like

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Ludovica[/name_f] and [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] are gorgeous!

OPTION 1:
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] :magic_wand: :crossed_swords:

[name_u]Reason[/name_u]: I went by the meanings om this one. [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] means light just like [name_f]Lucie[/name_f], where [name_f]Freya[/name_f] means noble woman similar to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

Meaning: [name_u]Light[/name_u] of a noble woman

OPTION 2:

Adonia [name_u]Lux[/name_u] :sunflower: :dizzy:

[name_u]Reason[/name_u]: I switched the initials and went by the sound in this one. Adonia has the same starting sound like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_u]Lux[/name_u] has the same starting sound as [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]. I also liked [name_f]Adelin[/name_f] or [name_f]Adamaris[/name_f] with [name_u]Lux[/name_u] but ultimately went with Adonia.

Meaning: [name_u]Light[/name_u] of the beautiful lady

This was fun. Thank you for doing this. :heart:

2 Likes