Toss them or keep them?

We’re still trying to find the perfect middle name for our little lady, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
I’m unsure about some of the ones we have on our list, and would love to get some opinions and feedback on these combos:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Surname starts with [name_m]John[/name_m]-.

My favourites are definitely [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]; good luck deciding!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] - I’m just really not a fan of [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], sorry.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] but I think it pushes the name just to the wrong side of ‘too long’.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], I think it flows well and I like both names.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] - I like both names, again it borders on being a bit too long but I think it’s ok.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] both names, just not sure about them together.

I would toss [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. You could also consider [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]?

I agree with the pp that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] are the best of the bunch! Good luck!

My favorite is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] is OK, just not a huge fan of [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] personally. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful, and I don’t love that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has the same number of syllables and accent pattern as [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Suggestions are [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f].

Another vote for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

My favourite is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], followed closely by [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Out of the ones listed, I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I think it pairs well with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I also like it with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but that’s my daughter’s middle name so I’m biased.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] are both lovely, although out of the two [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] edges in front for me.

I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], it might be a bit of a mouthful if you were calling her that everyday but in all honesty how often will people be using her middle name? I personally love the flow of shorter to longer names ”

Same goes for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I really like this one. Its a beautiful combination and caroline is both strong and classic without being outdated. I think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a very feminine and beautiful name.

[name_f]Clarice[/name_f] I’m not such a fan of in itself but actually the more I type this the more the combination [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] grows on me… very classic but perhaps a little more buttoned down and demure than [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]? I think it sounds a little more youthful too (i’m trying not to make that sound contradictory!!)

Out of your list I actually think I’d recommend [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]!! If not [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] jumps out at me, followed by [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and then [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. But truly i think all these combinations are beautiful and woulnd make great chouces, good luck deciding! Xx

I’ve never much considered [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], because I guess my only association is [name_f]Silence[/name_f] of the Lambs (which I’ve never even seen; the whole premise scares me too much!). But I think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] is pretty. You know what I like even more? [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarity[/name_f]. I’ve never known a person with [name_f]Clarity[/name_f] in their name, but if there can be [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], and [name_f]Chastity[/name_f], why not [name_f]Clarity[/name_f]? I also like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

My second-fave from your list is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I love the name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] so much that I think it outshines [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and therefore seems wrong to me in the middle.

I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] the best. I think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] has a slightly better flow, but I slightly prefer [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as a name. Both are solid choices!

While not a fan of [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] (for [name_m]Hannibal[/name_m] Lector reasons!), I think it flows beautifully with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] is so precious. Beautiful, stylish and meaningful. I’d look no further. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] go best together.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is by far my favorite.

Thanks guys!
We’ve decided to remove [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] from our list. Down to 15 options now (still way too much!).
My grandfather’s grandmother was named [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], and one of my middle names is [name_f]Clara[/name_f], so it’s honoring and that’s pretty much the only reason we’re considering it, but I think it’s nice enough. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

I adore [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is lovely as well. I have to agree that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is a bit long and a tad tricky to say, and try as I might I can’t get behind [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], and I love the previous suggestions of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f].
Congrats on the baby, and hope you pick a middle name that you simply adore!