Tossing around a few names

We are trying to narrow down our huge list. We have 4 kids already; [name]Edward[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name].

What do you think about these names? [name]Do[/name] they sound alright with the siblings or have I suddenly gone insane? Be brutally honest! :smiley:

[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name] (nickname [name]Elsa[/name])
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Pollyanna[/name]

[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Cordelia[/name] - very pretty and usable
[name]Elsa[/name] - also very pretty and usable
[name]Elspeth[/name] (nickname [name]Elsa[/name]) - pretty but doesn’t go with siblings
[name]Ophelia[/name] - I don’t get the appeal. The most famous one went insane and killed herself because a man left her
[name]Pollyanna[/name] - would sound better on a bird

[name]Elliot[/name] - love it
[name]Eric[/name] - sort of boring, but okay
[name]Elias[/name] - okay
[name]Jude[/name] - love it
[name]Lucian[/name] - reminds me of lucius malfoy… it’s just okay
[name]Linus[/name] - rhymes with sinus and sort of reminds me of penis for some reason… I wouldn’t use it
[name]Morgan[/name] - I love this name on a boy
[name]Noah[/name] - cute, but popular
[name]Tobias[/name] - okay

1 Like

Of the girl names, I would go with [name]Elsa[/name]. It’s a lovely name and fits with your other names. Goes with the all vowels set you have.

I like all of the below list for a boy. The all seem to work with your other kids.
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] - I like this name but it doesn’t flow with the siblings.
[name]Lucian[/name] - Martian, [name]Lucius[/name] Malfoy. Not feeling this.
[name]Linus[/name] - seems ripe for picking on. Sinus linus.
[name]Morgan[/name] - I seen too many girls with this name although I do think it’s masculine.

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] &
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] & [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Jude[/name]

I think you have a great list to pick from. The only ones I really don’t like the sound of with your sibset are [name]Pollyanna[/name] (but I think [name]Anna[/name] would work well) and [name]Eric[/name] (too matchy with [name]Isaac[/name]).

Thanks, berries!

One question though, do you find any of the names too trendy/modern to match the siblings? I’m a little worried that two of the names are too trendy/modern but it might just be me…won’t say which two yet though lol :smiley:

These were my thoughts exactly. Except I was going to suggest [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Tobias[/name].

Your name-style seems to be classy, elegant, & romantic with just a touch of innovation to keep from being boring or common. I think your children are all beautifully named :slight_smile: I hope my suggestions aren’t too out there for you.

[name]Cordelia[/name] - This fits well with everything you’ve got going in your sib set and seems to be a fav of the other berries. [name]Shakespeare[/name] is always a great place to find amazing historical/literary names! [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Lenore[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Elsa[/name] - Feels short next to [name]Adelaide[/name], I prefer it as a nn for [name]Elspeth[/name]. Feels light and sweet. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Maelle[/name]

[name]Elspeth[/name] (nickname [name]Elsa[/name]) - I actually REALLY love this! Feels like a 2 for 1 with the nn. I think [name]Elspeth[/name] is really pretty with [name]Adelaide[/name]. I think it sounds classic (I feel like all the variations of [name]Elizabeth[/name] carry a classic feel, that could just be me) and feminine and soft. It’s romantic and I love it! [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Yvette[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]

[name]Ophelia[/name] - I get the appeal and I’m not bothered by the tragic story of [name]Ophelia[/name]. I love the history and the fact that it’s Shakespearean. I think [name]Ophelia[/name] is a lot of first name for a little girl though and I encourage you to find a nn you like. [name]Fe[/name], [name]Ola[/name], [name]Olly[/name], [name]Elly[/name], [name]Effy[/name], [name]Lia[/name]? [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Pollyanna[/name] - I know this one will throw most other nameberries off but I actually like that you’re considering it! Your sweet little [name]Pollyanna[/name] could easily reinvent this name in the minds of those who meet her. It feels slightly less classic than [name]Adelaide[/name], but if [name]Clementine[/name] is OK why not [name]Pollyanna[/name]? [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Elise[/name], [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Mariel[/name], [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Axelle[/name]

[name]Elliot[/name] - Sounds great with his brothers. It’s different enough from [name]Edward[/name] that I don’t mind them sharing the same initial. I love the nn [name]Lee[/name], but I understand not everyone shortens [name]Elliot[/name]. [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Lucian[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Eric[/name] - Meh. Like [name]Elsa[/name] it feels brief to me. I also don’t see [name]Eric[/name] fitting in as well with his brothers names as some of your other choices. It feels younger and a little more hip. That’s being brutal though because [name]Eric[/name] is a fine name. [name]Eric[/name] [name]Linus[/name], [name]Eric[/name] [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Eric[/name] [name]Lucian[/name], [name]Eric[/name] [name]Julius[/name]

[name]Elias[/name] - Feels like a better fit than [name]Eric[/name] to me. I like [name]Elias[/name] in the same way as I like [name]Elliot[/name]. Fits beautifully with the style of the other children. [name]Elliot[/name] feels slightly more masculine between the two. [name]Elias[/name] Toben, [name]Elias[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Elias[/name] [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Elias[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] - [name]Even[/name] though [name]Jude[/name] is short I am digging it. I like the way [name]Jude[/name] vibes with the other names in your sibset. It feels different enough from the other boys but still in the same family. [name]Jude[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Lucian[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Roscoe[/name]

[name]Lucian[/name] - I love the meaning. [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it? [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]

[name]Linus[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name! So much history and culture. I like the greek Linos, too! [name]Linus[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Linus[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Linus[/name] [name]Reed[/name], [name]Linus[/name] [name]Theon[/name]

[name]Morgan[/name] - [name]Morgan[/name] was #518 for boys on the US Social Security list for 2010, and #63 for girls. Popularity is slowly falling for both but it has been more popular for girls than boys since 1980 (in the US) even though it only showed up on the girls list in 1976. [name]Morgan[/name] as a girls name has been in the top 100 since 1987. None of your other sons have names quite this ambisexual but I don’t dislike it in your sibset. I don’t think [name]Morgan[/name] is at all “girly”, either. [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Linus[/name], [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Noah[/name] - Same feeling as [name]Jude[/name]: short but it works! I like that [name]Noah[/name] is different from the other boys but still fits well with your classic names. He’s the most popular boy’s name on your list, I believe. He sits at #7 on the US Social Security List 2010.

[name]Tobias[/name] - My absolute favorite choice for you! I love the name so much and cannot use it myself :frowning: Ten thumbs up in every way :smiley: PLEASE use it!! [name]May[/name] I suggest Toben? [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Orion[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Owen[/name]

Other Shakespearean names [name]Gertrude[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name]…?

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] &
bb- [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Jude[/name] & [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
bg- [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] & [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
gg- [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Helena[/name] & [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]

Oh wow, thank you for responding ellieberry! A lot of the names you suggested are on our (huge) list too, but I didn’t list them all here.

You’re right about [name]Elsa[/name], it is a little short. That’s why I prefer it as a nickname for [name]Elspeth[/name], or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. But my mother’s name is [name]Elizabeth[/name], and we have decided not to use family names for these babies (since neither of our other children have them).

Funny you mentioned [name]Lee[/name] as a nn for [name]Elliot[/name], that’s my father’s name! :lol:

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

~ [name]Rosemary[/name]

my favourites are [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] for you