Totally in love with but...

I’ve completely fallen in love with the name [name_f]Lux[/name_f] - for a boy. I know it is a girl name on Nameberry.

My current story sibset is pretty set in stone. Yet the name [name_f]Lux[/name_f] and [name_u]Rex[/name_u] too for that matter are rolling through my head.

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_f]Cambria[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Dante[/name_m]? twin
[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] twin - really want to change to [name_f]Lux[/name_f] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] or [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] - but I am afraid [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is too close to twin brother’s name [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and [name_f]Lux[/name_f] might not “go” with the other siblings or his twin
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ivana[/name_f]

Please any suggestions are welcome.

I had never thought of it, but now that you’ve mentioned [name_f]Lux[/name_f] for a boy… I might really like it?

I don’t know what the story style is, or what the ‘parents’ thoughts’ would have been with their fictional children’s names, but here’s my 2 cents:

[name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are well known names. [name_f]Cambria[/name_f] slightly less so, but nothing too out there. [name_m]Odin[/name_m], though, is another world (literally? :D).
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]… I think fits the sibset fine, something in between [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_f]Cambria[/name_f]. [name_f]Lux[/name_f] not so much.
Have you thought perhaps using [name_f]Lux[/name_f] as a nickname? [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]… nn [name_f]Lux[/name_f] :slight_smile:
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] is one nice combo! Though if you use [name_f]Lux[/name_f] as a nickname, [name_u]Rex[/name_u] would also need a longer name…
Or maybe [name_f]Lux[/name_f] and [name_m]Dex[/name_m]? Since you have [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] there.
Unless of course you want your names nickname proof, then we might need another idea :confused:

I like the idea of [name_f]Lux[/name_f] for a boy. Maybe a nn for [name_m]Lucio[/name_m], [name_m]Luciano[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]?

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] & [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] - work well together, both are fine combos.

[name_f]Cambria[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] - similar to the ones above, but [name_f]Cambria[/name_f] calls more attention. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], [name_u]Carmen[/name_u], [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[[name_f]Carmela[/name_f], [name_f]Camelia[/name_f], [name_f]Carmelita[/name_f]]

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Dante[/name_m] (twin) - I, personally, don’t like the sound of it as a whole.
[name_m]Damien[/name_m], [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_m]Dagger[/name_m] :P, [name_m]Daimon[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Danilo[/name_m], [name_m]Dario[/name_m]/ [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_u]Darrel[/name_u], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Davis[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Derek[/name_m], D’artagnan.
MORE:
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] [[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]], [name_m]Achilles[/name_m], [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m], [name_m]Arrow[/name_m], [name_m]Fergus[/name_m], [name_m]Helios[/name_m], [name_m]Hermes[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Saturn[/name_m].

• Maybe [name_m]Dantae[/name_m] to replace [name_m]Dante[/name_m]?

[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] (twin) - nice sound. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] different from his brother, no? I believe the twins should have similar names (mythology inspired or common ones).

[name_f]Lux[/name_f] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] & [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]: AWESOME TWIN [name_m]SET[/name_m]!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ivana[/name_f]: hum… for me, the I is pretty strong in both names. Meh… IDEAS:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ivone[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Illuminata[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] Inara
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Inocencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Irena[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]

MY FAVES:
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ivone[/name_f]

TWIN [name_m]SET[/name_m]:
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/ [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]/ [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] OR [name_m]Darius[/name_m] [name_m]Dante[/name_m] + [name_m]Odin[/name_m]/ [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] + [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] ([name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] & [name_u]Reynold[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m])

The dad is named [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and he has a twin named [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m].

I do like the suggested [name_m]Luciano[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]. Or [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m].

So maybe [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] ([name_m]Demetri[/name_m]?) and [name_m]Luciano[/name_m]/[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]?

[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_f]Cambria[/name_f]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Luciano[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

Or the name [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] came to mind tonight. Not sure if it is too matchy with [name_u]Dexter[/name_u].

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] and [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Demetri[/name_m]?

I have also really loved the name [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]/[name_m]Alfonse[/name_m] ______ (any suggestions?)

I do think that [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] are a little too matchy.

[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Demetri[/name_m]/ [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] & [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]/ [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] are AWESOME as a twin set!

[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] or [name_m]Alfonse[/name_m]? Considering the beauty (regarding the spelling) of a name, I recommend [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] OR [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m].

[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Aries[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Aquilla[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Agustin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Achilios[/name_m]

The thing is [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] is a set name.

[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Demetri[/name_m].

It’s better than what I expected. :smiley:
Congratulations!!!

What about [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] or [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]?

I do really love the name [name_m]Grant[/name_m] and want to use [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] but from previous posts that probably won’t work.

Another possibility is Nash Nathaniel. Dexter Demetri and Nash Nathaniel.

Reese Romeo. or Romeo Reese.