Tough choice

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, our baby is due shortly and we do not know the sex. We have the girls name nailed down but the boys is a little harder.
We like [name_m]Albert[/name_m] or [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]. Both very different.
Surname is [name_m]Kent[/name_m] so I would like your opinion on which sounds or looks better.
Concerns are that [name_m]Albert[/name_m] would be shortened to [name_m]Al[/name_m] which we don’t like. We do like [name_m]Albie[/name_m] and [name_u]Bertie[/name_u]. [name_m]Albert[/name_m] also sounds professional where as I am not sure [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] does. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thinking about later on in life when they have to get a serious job. Maybe I’m over thinking it.
All opinions and criticism welcome please.

I personally prefer [name_m]Albert[/name_m]! It’s more classic and substantial (and as you mentioned professional). I don’t think he would be called [name_m]Al[/name_m] unless that’s what people were told!

1 Like

I think either name works well with the surname. Honestly, it’s more about what vibe you’re going for, as well as what style you want to commit to for the names of any potential siblings for him…

I personally think [name_u]Bertie[/name_u] is just the sweetest! So my vote would probably be [name_m]Albert[/name_m] called “[name_u]Bertie[/name_u]”. I don’t think the ‘[name_m]Al[/name_m]’ thing will be an issue if he’s always introduced by the name or nickname you want him to be called.

However, I do see the appeal of [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] and think it could certainly age well and fit a man with a “serious” job. So, even though I still vote [name_m]Albert[/name_m], I don’t think you can really go wrong either way.

2 Likes

Both work really well with your surname so I guess it depends what you want from the name

[name_m]Albert[/name_m] is classic, cute and charming. [name_m]Alby[/name_m] and [name_u]Bertie[/name_u] are sweet nicknames. It’s a studious, serious feeling name but the nicknames lighten it up a bit…

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is relaxed and cool, fresh and modern. It’s both calm and adventurous

I personally prefer the name [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] but it depends if you want a sturdier classic feeling name or a name with a modern vibe

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Beauden[/name_m]? [name_m]Can[/name_m] be nicknamed [name_u]Beau[/name_u]/Beaudy/[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] but perhaps more professional as you mentioned but still not boring

X

1 Like

I much prefer [name_m]Albert[/name_m] to Bohdi. Nicknames are what you make them - if you don’t want him to be [name_m]Al[/name_m], don’t let people call him that. People will catch on to the nickname you use for him the most anyway.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I adore [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. It was my grandpa’s name, so I’m a bit biased. I do think that [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] sounds better w/your ln, but [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] doesn’t sound awful. [name_m]Albert[/name_m] just has classic charm, whereas [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] sounds a little…I don’t know. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not as special. I don’t care much for [name_m]Al[/name_m] too, which is a reason why I’d hesitate to use [name_m]Albert[/name_m] myself, however I don’t think you’ll get a lot of [name_m]Al[/name_m]. I think as long as you like [name_m]Albie[/name_m] & [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], you should be safe.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I personally prefer [name_m]Albert[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Kent[/name_m]! This was on our short list (with [name_m]Kent[/name_m] as a middle). I agree with those above that the name scene will be very different once this generation are of age, and what seems more whimsical now will very much align with their peers in a couple of decades.

I second the suggestion of [name_m]Beauden[/name_m]. I love it as the full name for either a child or an adult, but it also works with the nickname [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern with [name_m]Albert[/name_m] is if he goes by the nickname [name_u]Bertie[/name_u], which is very cute BTW, as an adult it would likely get shortened to [name_u]Bert[/name_u] and [name_u]Bert[/name_u] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] is quite abrupt. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider but both choices are lovely.