Tracen

My cousin just changed his baby’s name from Tr@ce to Tr@cen (I saw you all just wince, and I empathize), saying that Tr@cen has authentic Irish roots. I haven’t been able to find anything about this. Is he horribly misinformed? Or can something save this name?

Is the @ symbol apart of his name? Is that how it’s spelled? I have never heard of it before and when I first read it I totally thought it was made up. I thought it was part of the [name]Zaden[/name]/[name]Braden[/name]/[name]Caden[/name] crew.

Oh, my condolences on the switch. (To Kashed22: I think she used the @ symbol to prevent her post from being accessed via Google in case his parents Google his full name, first vowel included.)

Okay. Stay calm, think happy thoughts, and save the name by thinking of Tracen as an acronym comprised of names you love. For example:

[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

T.R.A.C.E.N. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your new nephew! :slight_smile:

Today I thought of a name that I sore was a “real” name to find out it’s made up.Well, I didn’t make it up some one else did. The name was Treven, (trehv-ehn). My husband laughed at me, with just cause of course. I guess it looks like [name]Treyven[/name].

Anyway, I also came across the name [name]Jacen[/name] (sounds likes [name]Jason[/name]). What do you think of that? I like it personally. I knew a guy in high school named [name]Jacey[/name] (maybe it’s was J.C.)
It’s so close to to Tracen though, and I don’t like that one bit…

Tracen comes from the Gaelic and means “one who is war-like”. I don’t care for it either, but it is a real name apparently. Enjoy your nephew!