Traditional spelling of name pronounced "huh-layne"?

Does it exist?

Isn’t [name_f]Helaine[/name_f] a legitimate name? I think it’s [name_m]French[/name_m], said heh-[name_m]LAYN[/name_m] (which is really just [name_f]Helen[/name_f] with a [name_m]French[/name_m] accent in my head, haha).

Sorry if I’m totally making that up.

I want it to be :).

Behindthename.com doesn’t list it, and says [name_f]Helene[/name_f] is pronounced “hel-luh-nuh”.

I know a [name_f]Helene[/name_f], she’s Eastern European, and she pronounces it hell-EEN.
The name @oliviasarah was referring to is [name_f]Helaine[/name_f], which would be pronounced like [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] with an H. Two different things.
If there is such a name, that’s how I’d spell it.

I know one too, same background, same pronunciation.

I know a [name_f]Helene[/name_f], she’s [name_m]German[/name_m] and she pronounces it hell-AIN-uh. I would spell it [name_f]Helaine[/name_f] for the pronunciation you’re going for. I like it!

I have Helaina on my list, which is a legitimate name, so I’d assume [name_f]Helaine[/name_f] is as well. I’d spell it like that.

I agree on the [name_f]Helaine[/name_f] spelling. I feel like I’ve seen it before? I don’t really remember where, though. I think it was something @ottilie posted about?

All the talk on [name_f]Helene[/name_f] intrigues me, though! I always instinctively say it the [name_m]French[/name_m] way, ay-[name_m]LEN[/name_m] (which I love!). I do like all the other pronunciations that have been mentioned, though! I think I’ve heard Heh-LEEN; I think that’s how my mom instinctively says it. I can see the heh-leh-nah prn., too, though…

What about Heléne? I thought the accent made the “ay” sound?

Of course in [name_f]France[/name_f] it would be said like that, since that pn is intuitive for a [name_m]French[/name_m] speaker.

But I think used in an English environment it’s fine to pronounce it as you would fine most natural (for English speakers the H would be pronounced. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is rarely ee-sah-[name_f]BEL[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is rarely jahn-vee-ev by non-[name_m]French[/name_m] speakers, people accept that happily.