Transberries!

Hey, berries!

I know there’s an LGBTQ+ thread but I thought it’d be nice to have a place just for us trans berries, since there’s a lot of us! We can talk about choosing new names, figuring out that you’re trans, etc :slight_smile:

My name is [name_u]Revere[/name_u] and I use they/them! What about you guys?

3 Likes

Hey! I’m so happy to see another trans berry making a topic! I tried to make one myself but it didn’t catch on.

Nice to meet you [name_u]Revere[/name_u]! I love seeing ppl use word names. I made a whole list in my notes app (first as a joke but some are actually nice) of word/place names n.b. ppl would use :joy:

I’m a non-binary guy & my name’s [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] pronouns are he/him & they/them.

Hopefully more trans berries will stop by! (:

2 Likes

Haha, lots of trans people seem to use word names! I know some trans friends named Socks, [name_m]Rock[/name_m], and [name_m]Moss[/name_m]

It’s nice to meet you, [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]! I love your name :))

1 Like

Definitely! People who choose unorthodox/uncommon names are so inspiring to be honest. It seems simple but it’s a very bold & authentic move and makes me love the community that much more.

Thank you! Technically, [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] is a noun name which I didn’t realize at first & I love the [name_u]Mars[/name_u]/Marsh nn potential (: I still have the nn Bug from an old tumblr username of mine, so it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

(sorry for the late reply aha)

For sure! I think lots of trans people pick such cool names. I love seeing others not conforming to cis-ciety’s expectations :))

Mars is suchhhh a cool nickname! it makes me think of @mars.wright, one of my favorite trans masc influencers. Bug is also so adorable! Your name and nicknames are so awesome, man haha

2 Likes

Thanks again! I don’t think I’ve ever seen [name_u]Mars[/name_u] [name_m]Wright[/name_m]; I’ll have to check them out! One of my favorite trans influencers is Chella [name_m]Man[/name_m]! (and my sort of “celeb” crush haha. he’s so handsome! and a great artist :smile:)

1 Like

You totally should check out [name_u]Mars[/name_u]! and I hadn’t heard of Chella [name_m]Man[/name_m] before, but he looks so cool! His art is amazing too, what an awesome style :))

1 Like

Mars’s clothing designs look really cool! Wish I could wear them :astonished:

1 Like

Right??? I really want one of his pronoun beanies and a “trans is beautiful” shirt :))

1 Like

The “[name_u]Strong[/name_u] Men Cry” shirt/hoodie spoke to me :’) queer artists are incredible.

1 Like

I love that one, too. Queer artists really are amazing. I think we have such a unique perspective on gender (and life in general) that allows for the creation of some incredible art :))

3 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Does this thread also include non-binary berries?

3 Likes

For sure! I’m an enby, myself, after all :))
(plus, nonbinary is under the trans umbrella!)

3 Likes

Absolutely! I think in some ways, me being queer was a blessing in disguise! Through all the struggles and difficulties of self-acceptence and (personally) dysphoria, I’ve gained a better compassion for those around me that I think I would’ve missed if I was born in different circumstances. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I completely agree! Most trans people have so much compassion because of how we were born. I also love the community, it’s something I wouldn’t have if I wasn’t queer. There are so many nice queer people, and it’s easy to relate to one another since we all have similar circumstances :))

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m a trans dude but I’m still figuring out my name. I have 3 favourites: [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]. I really love them all, and their nicknames, [name_m]Walt[/name_m], [name_u]Tris[/name_u] and [name_m]Tad[/name_m]. I’ve spent 6 months now trying to pick between these 3 but I just can’t :sweat_smile:. Can anyone help?

2 Likes

I totally feel you with name indecisiveness; I cycled through [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] before landing on [name_u]Revere[/name_u]. There’s a website called Pronoun Dressing Room which is technically used to try out pronouns, but you can also use it to test out names! You type in your pronouns and name and it gives you a story to read with them.

If you have Reddit, you can check out r/transtryouts, where you can post a name and have people respond with sentences about you. (or, of course, I’ll write a sentence with each name for you, if you want!)

If you like Starbucks and can go there, try ordering with each name to see what feels right.
You can also try to picture introducing yourself at an interview, a doctor calling out your name, and an old friend saying hi. What feels right? What helped me, beyond those, was just standing in front of a mirror and saying “Hey, I’m [name_u]Revere[/name_u],” and seeing if I liked it.

Also, which name do you want to be? Would you rather be a [name_m]Walter[/name_m], a [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], or a [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]? Think about the mental image each name conjures up. Which do you want to be the most?

Good luck choosing a name! [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], and [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] are all awesome names :))

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I’ve tried reddit and the pronouns dressing room but I’m still struggling. Me and my brother often laugh at how long it’s taking me to choose a name when he’s also trans and knew his name straight away. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I always get jealous when I hear about trans people finding their name right away. How are they so lucky??

Have you tested out the names with your brother? Maybe having someone call you each name for a couple days could help.

2 Likes