Transgirl - need name help šŸ˜“

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] would be beautiful! Thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Likewise! It was really a relief. It was fairly recent as well. In all honesty it was a leap of faith. The only way I can test a nameā€™s fit is if I try it for some time. So, I just made the executive decision to start using it :slight_smile: Later on when Iā€™m an out adult I may decide itā€™s a little off, but for now I like it. So, hello, maā€™am. [name_m]Oren[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], name extraordinaire, at your service.

The process was very much like yours here. I told the 'Berries a bit about my interests and gave them a few names I was fond of. From there I considered their suggestions and refined my list. I did indulge in my second name ([name_m]Henry[/name_m]) since I enjoy the wild west; I share it with [name_m]Doc[/name_m] [name_f]Holliday[/name_f] and [name_u]Billy[/name_u] the Kid. But all in all it went smoothly and the community here was so loving! Please excuse my long windedness. Weā€™re here for names!

1. [name_f]Selena[/name_f] - itā€™s smooth, familiar, and elegant sounding. however I do connect it with [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez if you want to avoid connections like that.
  2. [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] - I enjoy noun names! although ā€œ-yā€ endings are fairly popular lately.
  3. [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] - itā€™s uncommon but not outrageous, not to mention it roles of the tongue pleasantly. not to mention it is a beautiful color.

I personally think [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] tips the scales between the two for me.
Not weird at all! Words with beauty such as [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] are graceful no matter when you were born.
Understandable, but I think ā€œagapeā€ is becoming common enough for most to pronounce it properly.
I get that. Pretty big correlation with the princess.

Meaning generous:
Alaura ([name_u]Bay[/name_u] tree, laurel; a generous and intelligent being)
Asra (A girl who is generous and noble)
Bazala ([name_f]Generous[/name_f] woman)
[name_f]Corliss[/name_f]/[name_f]Corlissa[/name_f] (Good hearted person, who is generous and nonchalant)
Ellinette (A generous person; torch)
Fadila (A woman who gives generously)
Fadilah (She is a generous giver)
[name_f]Halima[/name_f] (Patient, Tolerant; Gentle; Mild-mannered; [name_f]Generous[/name_f])

Always obliged to help!

1 Like

[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Joslin[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

I took a few years to make lists of names that I like, I took that long mostly because I was worried about my familyā€™s reaction to me changing it even though my mom had chosen my name from a soap opera she watched the day before I was born - so it wasnā€™t super meaningful. A few months before I announced it I got more serious and made pros and cons for different names and asked my close friends for their opinions on what fit. I think my top contenders were [name_u]Reese[/name_u]/[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] (which I used for my middle name), [name_u]Brennan[/name_u], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and [name_m]Julien[/name_m] (which is what I ended up choosing).

[name_m]Julien[/name_m] was on the very first list I made in 2014 and it just kept coming back to mind as an option. It means soft or fair haired which is cute and I like that itā€™s not an uncommon name or a super common one either. Iā€™m not friends with anyone else with it but I know of people around my age with it. I like that [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is a nice nickname for it. It ended up fitting really well so I did the whole legal name change process and Iā€™m very happy with it 2 years on.

Iā€™d recommend taking your time, considering what nicknames it has and if you like those, thinking about how it sounds with your last name, how it feels when you say ā€œmy name is _______ā€, and imagining yourself as a middle aged and elderly woman with it.

Of your names my faves are: [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], and [name_f]Laia[/name_f]!

Some suggestions:
[name_f]Leila[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] ā€œto flourishā€
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] ā€œlifeā€
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] ā€œbright shining lightā€