Triple the trouble in the Jones family...

Hello everyone! My husband [name]Matt[/name] and I just found out the gender of our triplets. We are having B/G/B and think we may have decided on the first names. Let us know what you think! We aren’t completely set on the name and are open to suggestions, but we don’t want anything that’s overly popular/common. Thanks!
[name]Matt[/name] and [name]Allison[/name] [name]Jones[/name]

B: [name]Brighton[/name], my maiden name was [name]Bright[/name] and [name]Matt[/name] really wants to honor that side of my family.
G: Marison, it combines [name]Matt[/name]'s late mother’s name, and my first name, [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Allison[/name].
B: [name]Easton[/name], this was the hardest for us to come up with. [name]Matt[/name] likes this because we both love baseball/softball and actually met at a Pro Baseball game.

What do you think? Any middle name ideas?

First off, congratulations! I really like the names you’ve chosen and the meanings behind them. I MIGHT consider [name]Marisol[/name] for the girl so it’s a little more obvious that she’s a girl. Marison could easily be confused as a boy’s name. She’s going to be quite the little lady with two brothers!! She should have a name that shows that! :slight_smile: I REALLY like that you’ve combined [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Allison[/name] though. Congrats again!

Congratulations! As the parent of two boys and a girl – born over 11 years, though, not a few minutes – I can attest that it’s a great family combo. I think your names are great companions but agree that it might be better to give your daughter a name that’s more distinctly female – though I think the case can be made that gender equality is a good thing when it comes to name equality. [name]Do[/name] you want people to know their sexes straight off the bat? [name]Do[/name] you want THEM to be aware of the gender difference? This is probably a more pointed issue since your boys’ names are kind of gender-neutral too, which is pretty cool, but definitely makes a statement that will be remarked upon and lead to confusion into the future, and so it bears consideration on your part now.

I kind of went the other way, with an androgynous name for my daughter – [name]Rory[/name] – and more conventionally masculine names for my sons.

[name]Will[/name] be interested to hear your thoughts on the subject and where you end up!

[name]Brighton[/name] and [name]Easton[/name] are lovely names for triplet brothers. Complimentary, but distinct. I really like them both!

Marison seems slightly masculine to me too, but the idea of honouring your late mother in law, as well as giving your daughter part of your own name, is lovely. If you were to go with Marison, I would personally choose a very feminine middle name for her. Perhaps Marison [name]Amelia[/name] or Marison [name]Rose[/name]?

[name]Mary[/name] and [name]Alison[/name] are names with a lot of potential honouring combinations. A few ideas:

[name]Marian[/name]/[name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]/[name]Marysia[/name]
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name]

[name]Alison[/name] is a diminutive of [name]Alice[/name] - which might be a nice way to honour [name]Alison[/name]. I like [name]Mary[/name]/[name]Mara[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (perhaps as a double name), or combinations [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name] or [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

You are lucky to have such interesting names to honour - so many possiblilities!

[name]Easton[/name] is my favorite of the names you picked! I like [name]Brighton[/name] also, though it does have a feminine ring to me, I’m not sure why. I’m not a fan of Marison, however. Because it ends in “son” I think “boy,” and that’s really not something you want for your girl triplet! I love the suggestion of [name]Alice[/name], it’s so lovely and feminine next to brothers [name]Brighton[/name] and [name]Easton[/name]. Plus I would point out that having three “on” endings is a bit much for my ear. Two isn’t so noticeable. Because a previous poster’s [name]Marisol[/name] suggestion, I would suggest [name]Marielle[/name] though I like [name]Alice[/name] better.

I like the boys names a lot, but I’m not thrilled about the girls name…it does seem kind of masculine and it seems like she’s coming with two brothers she could get a more feminine name :lol:

Your little princess needs a more distinctly feminine name I think that priority goes before honouring family especially in the first name spot unless you can find a name that fits.

Others have given good suggestions. I also think she will be mixed up with the [name]Madison[/name] brigade which I am sure you would want to avoid.

I think [name]Easton[/name] is a good first name, I think [name]Brighton[/name] is a good middle name.

I would be looking for a boys name that doesn’t end in ‘n’ as a first name for the other brother.

[name]Easton[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] for example

rollo :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of made-up smushed names. I think it’s better to use variations of both names as a first and middle name than to mush them together. Marison will get confused with [name]Madison[/name], and she’ll be correcting people a lot.

I do like your boys names though.

I know a little girl named [name]Brighton[/name] so I can only see it as a girls name but I guess it could work. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce Marison?

I think the names are great and I love your meanings behind them. I personally don’t think Marison is any less feminine than [name]Allison[/name], [name]Emerson[/name], or [name]Madison[/name]. All of which are quite common for girls these days. In my opinion, Marison is a great way to honor your mother in-law in a modern sounding way. I think [name]Brighton[/name] is a great way to use your maiden name as well. I wish I liked my maiden name so I could do something similar. :? I also like that all three names are linked by a similar ending, but they’re still quite different, giving the children their individuality. As far as middle names, I personally would use family names. But that’s just me. Almost anything is going to sound good with the first names that you’ve chosen. Good luck and congrats!

I agree that your little girl needs a distinctly feminine name. If you hadn’t told us the genders I would have assumed [name]Brighton[/name], Marison, and [name]Easton[/name] were for three boys. [name]Marisol[/name] was a great suggestion. You could also do something like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Marion[/name] [name]Alice[/name] which still honors you and your husband’s mother.

I like all the names that you have chosen for your triplets. I love [name]Brighton[/name] and [name]Easton[/name] for your boys. I love that you are incorporating your maiden name with [name]Brighton[/name], an idea I have been thinking about for our future son or daughter. Marison is okay, but I don’t love it. What about [name]Amaris[/name], [name]Marion[/name], or doing a double first name [name]Mary[/name] [name]Allison[/name]?

I like all the names that you have chosen for your triplets. I love [name]Brighton[/name] and [name]Easton[/name] for your boys. I love that you are incorporating your maiden name with [name]Brighton[/name], an idea I have been thinking about for our future son or daughter. Marison is okay, but I don’t love it. What about [name]Amaris[/name], [name]Marion[/name], or doing a double first name [name]Mary[/name] [name]Allison[/name]?

Thank you to everybody who voiced their opinions! We loved hearing what you guys thought. I’m glad you brought it to our attention that they all end in the “on” sound since it hadn’t occurred to us. I think for now however, we are going to sick with [name]Brighton[/name], Marison, and [name]Easton[/name]. Now all we need are some middle name suggestions. Any ideas?? We tend to lean towards the classic names for mn. Thanks again :slight_smile:

We’d also like Marison’s middle name to be especially feminine since some thought Marison was masculine.

I just asked my DH which name he thought was a girl’s name and it was [name]Brighton[/name]! I definitely think that there will be gender confusion and if it was me I would put Marison in the middle name spot and give her a girly first name. [name]Even[/name] a unisex style but girly one would be better eg [name]Bellamy[/name] nn [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name] nn [name]Ava[/name].

[name]Bellamy[/name] Marison
[name]Avalon[/name] Marison

Otherwise I would choose

Marison [name]Isabella[/name]
Marison [name]Georgia[/name]
Marison [name]Luella[/name]
Marison [name]Tallulah[/name]
Marison [name]Genevieve[/name]
Marison [name]Violet[/name]
Marison [name]Elise[/name]
Marison [name]Alyssa[/name]
Marison [name]Margot[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

I think it is so cool that your husband is dedicated to using your family history in the naming! One thing that I thought of when I heard that your maiden name was [name]Bright[/name] is, why not use something with a meaning to that effect (whether bright-clever or bright-light)? Here are some I scoured quickly for:
Boys-

• Savio, Italian for “bright, clever”
  • [name]Robert[/name], Germanic roots, “bright fame” (I know a [name]Robert[/name] who, though completely Anglo, goes by [name]Berto[/name], which I now love–[name]Bobby[/name] is also cute)
  • [name]Fintan[/name], Irish, “white fire”
  • Conleth, Irish, “chaste fire”
  • [name]Ignatius[/name], [name]Roman[/name], “fire”
  • [name]Fingal[/name], Scottish, “white, fair”
  • [name]Finnian[/name], Irish, “white”
  • [name]Ziv[/name], Hebrew, “bright, radiant”

Girls-

• [name]Phoebe[/name], Latiniezed Greek, “bright, pure”
  • [name]Phaedra[/name], Latinized Greek, “bright”
  • [name]Roxana[/name], Latinized Greek, “bright, dawn”
  • [name]Muriel[/name]/[name]Mariel[/name], can both be traced to Muirgel, “bright sea”
  • [name]Zahra[/name], Arabic, “brilliant, bright”
  • [name]Clara[/name], Latin, “clear, bright, famous”
  • [name]Akira[/name], Japanese, “bright, clear”
  • [name]Fiammetta[/name], Italian, “fire”
  • [name]Nina[/name], Quechua, “fire”
  • [name]Bronwen[/name], Welsh, “white, fair, blessed”
  • [name]Blanche[/name]/[name]Bianca[/name], French/Italian, “white, fair”
  • [name]Lucasta[/name], “pure light” (or just [name]Lucy[/name]!)
  • [name]Luz[/name], Spanish, “light”
  • [name]Gwyneth[/name], Welsh, “white, fair, blessed” (also see [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name])
  • [name]Rosalba[/name], Italian, “white rose”
  • [name]Svetlana[/name], Russian/etc., “light, world”
  • [name]Wendy[/name], English, “white, fair, blessed”

Also, I agree with other posters that Marison could be genderly confusing. I love the idea of doing a double-barrelled name, a la [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name] (BEAUTIFUL!) Other suggestions that either root from that name, that name is rooted from, or begin the same (sorry for repeats):
[name]Allison[/name]-
[name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adeline[/name] (all from the same root!)
[name]Alice[/name], [name]Ailis[/name], [name]Aliz[/name], [name]Alix[/name] ([name]Alexandrine[/name]) --Ditto!
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Alethea[/name]/[name]Althea[/name]

Allister/[name]Alasdair[/name]
[name]Alonzo[/name]
[name]Alcott[/name] (girl option, too)
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Alan[/name]
[name]Ali[/name] (sort of cute, I think!)
[name]Alexander[/name]

[name]Mary[/name]-
[name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name]
[name]Manon[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] (one of my faves, plus I love [name]Miri[/name]!)
[name]Marianne[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] made this classic)
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] (A surprising new favorite of mine! It’s simply irresistable)
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Mariska[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
[name]Mitzi[/name]
[name]Mollie[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] ([name]Remy[/name], [name]Romy[/name], [name]Rosie[/name])
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Miren[/name]
Mirele
[name]Mimi[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]/[name]Margot[/name]/Margeaux
[name]Marta[/name]/[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Marzia[/name]
([name]Mario[/name] and [name]Marius[/name] for boys, or [name]Martin[/name])

As for your third name, [name]Easton[/name], I [name]LOVE[/name] it! Great name, even if it’s becoming a little popular now, for both genders.

Cute combos that popped into my head:
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Jones[/name], [name]Robert[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Jones[/name] “[name]Berto[/name]”/“[name]Raj[/name]” (initials), & [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Jones[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] [name]Jones[/name], [name]Fingal[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Jones[/name], & [name]Margot[/name] [name]Roxana[/name] [name]Jones[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Jones[/name], Allister [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Jones[/name], & [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] [name]Jones[/name] “[name]Adele[/name]”
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Zebedee[/name] [name]Jones[/name], [name]Marius[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Jones[/name], & [name]Alethea[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jones[/name]

*I also love [name]Thomas[/name] & [name]Easton[/name] together for some odd reason. [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Jones[/name] & [name]Easton[/name] [name]Jones[/name]! Or [name]Easton[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Jones[/name]!
**All of my info was found at NB and behindthename.com

Good luck with naming your twins! Tell me anything on the list that you/DH like!
NameGoddess

Once again, thanks for all the opinions. We really just don’t like double names ([name]Alice[/name] [name]Maria[/name]), sorry. However, we are however set on the first names anyway. While Marison may be confusing to some at first, knowing it has a special meaning to us outweighs any negatives. Right now we’re thinking about:

[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
Marison [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

What do you think?

Good choices and all the best,

rollo