Tristan or Quentin

I’m a trans ftm dude and still looking for a name. I got loads of name ideas last time I asked and they really helped. I thought I had settled with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] bit recently, a name that was on my shortlist list came back to me as a suggestion from a few people and my fellow trans brother. And now I’m having a hard time all over again trying to decide which name I actually prefer and so I would like to ask some of you unbiased people. So my question is, [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] or [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]?

2 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tough pick, I really like them both! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think you’re likely to use a nickname, too, or as is? Perhaps one has a nickname that you would prefer.

Doing a little quiz can help you sort out your feelings … You’ll likely feel pleased or disappointed with the popular choice, which might clue you in on the right name for you.

1 Like

I adore [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

1 Like

Tristan is one of my favorites but is quite common, where [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] i very rarely see anymore it would be a breath of fresh air

2 Likes

Tristan seems dated to me & I love [name_u]Quentin[/name_u], especially with the nn [name_u]Quin[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Both names are great! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

1 Like

Quentin with nn [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]! Congratulations on your name change :heart:

2 Likes

You know, I really like both, but I get different vibes from each of them. [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] balances softness and strength; [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] is full of energy and flair. Of course, those are just my subjective opinions, but maybe thinking about what type of vibe/personality you want your name to have (even if you don’t agree with my particular descriptions) could help? Good luck and congrats on your name change!

1 Like

Quentin is wonderful!

2 Likes

Tristan is my favourite by a mile
One of my favs

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] slightly but both are great!

2 Likes

Tristan! It’s heart-throb-y in a good way. [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] reminds me of [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] [name_m]Tarantino[/name_m].

1 Like

I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] but LOVE [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I’m immediately drawn to [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]. I happen to know someone by the name of [name_m]Trenton[/name_m] which happens to combine both of your choices if that interests you at all.

I encourage you to go with how you feel personally! You’ll be the one living with your name, after all, so don’t be afraid to pick something no one has suggested before. I asked the berries a few times when choosing my name, and have gone by several, but the name I’m using now ([name_m]Marshall[/name_m]) I picked out of the blue. I’d never thought about it and it hadn’t ever been suggested to my knowledge. But I was drawn to it, so that’s who I am. (: sorry for being long-winded. Good luck! :heart: :transgender_flag:

3 Likes

Tristan

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] feelings exactly.

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u], to me, ticks all the boxes. [name_u]Strong[/name_u], soft, masculine.

1 Like

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is just amazing! A strong, handsome name with a romantic feel!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] best.

1 Like