Trouble choosing a name! Please help;-)

I have a 14 week old baby we adopted and I cannot choose a name please give me your opinon;-)

1. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]( I feel this is way overused)

Thanks;-)

From your list, I like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] best. You could use [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Other than the hesitation about [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (I agree there are a lot of them), is there some concern about the other names?

I think that [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is pretty common as well, but it doesn’t feel overused to me, and actually think it could be quite fresh. In truth, I’m in love with [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]…something about it is enchanting to me. I don’t like the nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u] for it, however, because (a. I don’t like [name_u]Allie[/name_u] in general and (b. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is such a beautiful name that I always want to hear it in full!

I like [name_u]Alex[/name_u] as a nn for it, though.

So off your current list, [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is definitely my favorite. I also think that instead of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is a lovely choice. It’s brighter and fresher than [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] to me, and the ‘o’ gives it an edge over [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. It’s simple but pretty.

I love [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] w/nn [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] (the typical Russian nn for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]). Congratulations!

[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Gabbie[/name_u], [name_f]Brie[/name_f], [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], etc…pretty and Congratulations!!

I second. You can go by your nickname, but you can’t go from a short name to a longer version as easily. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] gives you all matter of nn’s to choose from.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is a good idea. I love the names [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] but I don’t like [name_u]Gabbi[/name_u]. Izzi is cute and so is [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Allie[/name_u]. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be my choice out of these.

[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] is lovely :slight_smile: has a lot of nickname options

My name is [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] so I think I’m a little bias. I love it. I go by [name_u]Ali[/name_u] but also love [name_f]Alexa[/name_f].

I love the name [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but some of the nicknames for it seem a bit too common. Some more uncommon nicknames are [name_u]Ali[/name_u], Ale, or [name_f]Andra[/name_f] (the last part of the name instead of the first.)

Variants of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]?

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeli[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is pretty too. I like [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] but I hate the nickname [name_u]Gabby[/name_u]. With [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] you get [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexie[/name_u], [name_f]Ally[/name_f], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], etc.

1 [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - classic and regal
2 [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spellings
3 [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]

[name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds too juvenile.

All of these names are pretty popular, with the exception of [name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f], but that just feels like a nickname for something. Of your choices, I like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] best, despite its popularity. Spelling alterations (the legitimate variation [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] comes to mind) work as well. Here are some less-popular variations or similar names to the ones you chose:

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] - [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] - [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]

Oh, I love [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]! Have you considered [name_f]Belle[/name_f]? [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is not overused at all and it is so pretty!
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is just okay. It feels overused as well. I dislike [name_u]Alex[/name_u] on a girl. [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] is a very popular nn too.
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a sweet nn for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but I don’t like it on it’s own. It will probably be shortened to just [name_u]Allie[/name_u] all the time. I like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a fn.
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] is nice, but I strongly dislike [name_u]Gabby[/name_u].
My pick would be [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] best! I suggest you look at your new little girl. Is she an [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]? An [name_f]Ally[/name_f]? A [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]? An [name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]? An [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]? You have the greatest advantage in naming by holding your little one in your arms as you ponder her name. Best of luck, and congratulations!

I like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] best. But I also like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] nn [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or [name_u]Isa[/name_u] (prn EE-sah). [name_f]Love[/name_f] the name [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] even more, which gives the same nicknames.

Hmm…
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - an elegant, classy choice with an effortless style. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] has a range of gorgeous nicknames such as [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_u]Allie[/name_u], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], and [name_f]Xandra[/name_f] all sound so sweet. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is a lovely classic.

[name_u]Allie[/name_u]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] - I’m not keen on hyphenated first names and this one really doesn’t appeal. [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] etc and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a lovely name in itself. But I dislike the actual combination.

[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] - a lovely Italian name with a of spunk. [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] is an elegant name with a really brilliant style. I adore the range of nicknames for [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] such as [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Bree[/name_f] etc but I dislike [name_u]Gaby[/name_u]. Still it’s lovely.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - This name is a sweet choice she has a lovely light air and is generally lovely. But I prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] spelling wise.

: )