Trouble naming our 3rd son

We are expecting our third boy any time now and we are really struggling with names!!! We have a short list of names that we like but they all have some reason as to why I’m not sold on them.

My eldest son is named [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and my second is [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u].

Names that we are considering for our third boy are:

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] is my favourite but I’m not sure we can get away with the rhyming. There is also the actor [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m].

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] I like but my husband isn’t sure because we have used [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as [name_m]Joe[/name_m]'s middle name.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is my friend’s sons name. I have spoken to her and both her and her husband are happy for us to use it. I would prefer not to use their name though.

It is a similar problem with [name_m]George[/name_m]. My best friends 3 year old girl is called [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

Argh!!! We are really, really struggling. There are no other names we can agree on.

What are your thoughts on our selection so far? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you

I would probably not go with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], for the reasons you mentioned. I think [name_m]George[/name_m] would be my choice out of those four. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it is the male form of your friend’s daughter’s name, I think it’s still different enough not to really cause confusion.

Sorry you’re having such a hard time! For what it’s worth, I think you have wonderful taste.

I would also go with [name_m]George[/name_m]. I wouldn’t use [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. I really like [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]!

If you really like the name [name_m]Jack[/name_m] there is always variations such as [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m], [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. That would solve the rhyming problem and you could still call him [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_m]George[/name_m]!

Due to the reasons you provided I’d go with [name_m]George[/name_m]. Are you looking for other fn suggestions?

I love [name_m]George[/name_m], I think it goes nicley with your other boys name! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] reminds me of the actor straight away unfortunately!

Oh, I do see your dilemma! I am hoping you won’t use any of them…

Some other options you might ponder that are similar to the names you love…

[name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Will[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] (since you love it as a mn)
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

Best wishes to you!!!

Suggestions…