True or False?

False

You like names with happy meanings.

[name_u]True[/name_u] (generally).

You know somebody in ‘real life’ that also has a passion for names.

Yesss

You’d rather have an extra eye more than an extra fingernail

[name_u]True[/name_u] (I guess)

You like simple names better than extravigant ones (Olive v. [name_f]Olivette[/name_f], etc.)?

False, though I like simple names as well I definitely love some fancy, OTT ones

You think that people shouldn’t use names from cultures they have no connection to

False! I think it’s often quite joyful when people discover and appreciate the names of other cultures.

You would let somebody else have complete control over your child’s name if they offered you one million [insert currency here].

1 Like

False.

You would name your child the same name as someone you hate, If you really liked the name?

False, the name would be tainted for me.

You would name all of your children according to a theme (e.g., animal names, flowers, cities)

False

You would give your child the same name as a relative you might run into?

False for a first, but I’d definitely use a relative’s name for a middle.

You have a short middle name.

[name_u]True[/name_u]

You prefer that middle names are shorter than first names

Depends on the name; I care more about the total flow

You would rather combine two names instead of using a hyphen (for example: Annasophia instead of Anna-Sophia)

Mostly false

You’d rather give your child a singlar middle than a double?

Yes, but I have a double myself

You’d rather reuse the same letter in your sibset (and therefore have an asymmetrical pattern) rather than not use a name you love?

[name_u]True[/name_u].

You’ve heard baby names in the wild so beautiful you had to stop and compliment the parent for choosing them.

[name_u]True[/name_u], some people have such great taste!

You would only name a child after a family member if said family member was alive.

False

You prefer names that most people in your area are familiar with.

Probably true. But I don’t mind raising a few eyebrows. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You don’t generally like place names.

1 Like

True

You don’t think that the top 10 most popular names are “basic” names.

Mmm… Somewhat true and false. I think about half of them are and half of them aren’t.

You have at least one floral girls’ name on your list.