Truman, Jack, or Charlie HELP .... almost time!

Its been a while since we have posted, but we need some anonymous opinions since we aren’t sharing our names. We have three name options and we would love your thoughts.

[ul]

[/ul]

[ul]

[/ul]

[ul]

[/ul]

Thank you for any thoughts!

I might change my mind if I knew your last name (or something it was close to), but I love [name]Truman[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] (especially with [name]Charlie[/name] as a nn). I think both names wear well in adulthood-- and with [name]Truman[/name], you have a family connection so that would make it the top choice. There are plenty of Carters, Reagans, Kennedys, Taylors, Tylers, Madisions, Monroes, etc. and so I don’t think having a “presidential” name is too problematic (although I would caution against [name]Harry[/name] [name]Truman[/name] as the first and middle combination). IMHO, [name]Jack[/name] is too popular so I personally wouldn’t use it as a fh. I like [name]Truman[/name] [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Truman[/name] better than [name]Jefferey[/name] as a mn.

For a J name other than [name]Jack[/name] (or [name]Jeffrey[/name]), what about [name]Jaspar[/name], [name]Joel[/name], [name]Jason[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Jesse[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Justin[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], etc.?

Of your three I like [name]Charles[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name] the best. [name]Charlie[/name] is a great nn. I know quite a few grown men named [name]Charlie[/name] and I never thought it sounded juvenile. And, that’s sometimes the point in having a classic name with a cuter nn. If he doesn’t like [name]Charlie[/name] as he grows older, he’s always got the very adult [name]Charles[/name]. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]!

I’d go with your favorite, [name]Truman[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name]. It seems to have the most meaning for you. I love how unique [name]Truman[/name] is and is you are worried about the teasing factor, I think using the nickname [name]True[/name] sounds cool and fresh.

1. [name]Truman[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name] - If this is your favorite, I say go for it. I would be highly surprised in this day and age of [name]Heath[/name], [name]Colt[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], and even [name]Midnight[/name], and [name]Indigo[/name], that truman will be “too out there” and get picked on.
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Truman[/name] - I was confused as to how this matches your Father's initials? I don't mind this combo, but I feel like it could have been a president (yes I know there was a president truman) or a 1950's game show host. As for popularity, [name]Jack[/name] will always be VERY popular, always has, always will. However I think most people have been using [name]Jackson[/name] more the last couple of years.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name] (he would go by [name]Charlie[/name], but I wonder if the name is too young and would be tough to grow into)

I personally don’t like charles, I think it only suits an old man, and then the nickname of [name]Charlie[/name] is only for the very young. Also seems old fashioned to me.

My favorite is [name]Truman[/name]. If fells old, but new again. Could be a cute little boy or a man as well.

I really like [name]Truman[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name]. You should go with that.