Trying a New Technique!

My husband and I have been TTC for over a year and ever since we started trying, I’ve been on this website “almost” everyday, researching names. The only problem is…my list has grown substantially in the last year. I love too many names!

We are now happily expecting (10 weeks along) and I know its going to take the rest of this pregnancy to narrow down our list. A friend of mine suggested taking what she called her “baby steps” approach. When she was pregnant (all 6 times!), she would concentrate on 3 consecutive letters a week and all the names she liked beginning with each letter. She would get online or read about each name or ask around about what people thought. Gradually she would narrow it down to one name she like per letter by the end of the week. I decided I would try it with one small change, my friend didn’t have the Nameberries for help!

I’m hoping if I post my lists, you all can help me narrow things down. [name]Even[/name] if you just tell me which one of each letter you like, every little bit helps. Thank you so much in advance! :slight_smile:

Here is the boys’ list. Our last name is [name]Garner[/name] and I’m not 100% sure all of these names work well with it. If you feel that one really clashes, let me know! It’ll be one less name to worry about! :slight_smile:

Oh and the * are family names or variations close to it that we actually like.

” [name]Aaron[/name]
” [name]Abram[/name]
” [name]Adrian[/name]
” [name]Ambrose[/name]*
” [name]Andrew[/name]
” [name]Antony[/name]
” [name]Armand[/name]*
” [name]Armistead[/name]-My [name]MIL[/name] says it”s a family name and has been trying for years to get SOMEBODY to use it.
” [name]Beckett[/name]-A little more trendy than I normally like but DH really likes it
” [name]Benicio[/name]

” [name]Benjamin[/name]
” [name]Bowen[/name]
” [name]Bramwell[/name]*
” [name]Brennan[/name]
” [name]Byron[/name]
” [name]Cade[/name]
” [name]Caelan[/name]
” [name]Caleb[/name]
” [name]Callum[/name]
” [name]Cassian[/name]
” [name]Cedric[/name]*
” [name]Charles[/name]*
” [name]Christopher[/name]
” [name]Claude[/name]*
” [name]Colin[/name]
” [name]Crispin[/name]*
” [name]Cyrus[/name]

Hmmmm, well congrats firstly! I’ll give you my favourite of each letter :slight_smile:

[name]Ambrose[/name] - love this! I couldn’t imagine [name]Armistead[/name] on a child but maybe you could keep it as a middle name option if you like it and it’ll keep your [name]MIL[/name] happy? Hehe.

I actually like LOTS of your B names so this is harder! [name]Brennan[/name] I love but I think maybe it’s too much “n” with your last name being [name]Garner[/name]. [name]Beckett[/name] I love too but I would worry about the trendyness. [name]Bramwell[/name] and [name]Benicio[/name] are both very cool. I wouldn’t normally consider them but as they’re family names I’d keep them in the running. My favourite by far with your last name though is actually the classic [name]Benjamin[/name]! I don’t normally go for the most classic choices but [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Garner[/name] just sounds awesome! Oh also just to point out, I like [name]Bowen[/name] but don’t think it flows well with your last name at all.

[name]Charles[/name] and [name]Claude[/name] are my favourites of the family names. And my favourite of the other names is [name]Cassian[/name]. My partner won’t let us use it but he does like [name]Cassius[/name] if that’s an option?

Best of luck! Oh and cool technique :slight_smile:

A- I like [name]Abram[/name]. [name]Bram[/name] would make a good nickname. But I think [name]Armistead[/name] could make a cool middle name.
B- I would say I like [name]Byron[/name] the best. [name]Bramwell[/name] second for the same reason as [name]Abram[/name]. Although I think [name]Bramwell[/name] is a little stuffier.
C- Here I like several. Honorable mentions go to: [name]Cassian[/name], [name]Charles[/name] (I like [name]Charlie[/name]), [name]Christopher[/name] (I like [name]Kit[/name] as a nickname, but [name]Chris[/name] is boring to me.), and [name]Cyrus[/name]. But I think I like [name]Cedric[/name] the best.

” [name]Armistead[/name] -YES YES YES!! [name]Do[/name] you know the writer, [name]Armistead[/name] Maupin.
Also like [name]Abram[/name]

” [name]Benjamin[/name]
None of your B names are floating my boat, but my four year old is a big fan of [name]Benjamin[/name] and I’ve always been partial to [name]Benjy[/name].

” [name]Claude[/name]*
Toss up between this and [name]Charles[/name] for me. But I do really love [name]Claude[/name] and it’s surprisingly uncommon.

Congrats!! I think this is a great idea! It sounds like you have an Italian heritage somewhere along the lines with some of these familial names, and while I love some of them, I’m not sure they work with your last name now.

A: [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Garner[/name] is very classic, and you have the possibility of [name]Andy[/name] or [name]Drew[/name] as nicknames. I also like [name]Adrian[/name] and [name]Aaron[/name], but I think [name]Armistead[/name] is just too much unless you had a great nickname (plus, I think it overwhelms your last name).

B: [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Garner[/name] is also classic, and I think this sounds great together! [name]Benicio[/name] is also fabulous, but I just don’t know if having such an Italian first name flows well with an English last name.

C: [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Garner[/name] would have to be my favorite, followed by [name]Charles[/name]. [name]Both[/name] work well with your name!

Your friend is obviously one of those rare people organized enough to have six children! Here are my picks:

[name]Armistead[/name]
[name]Benicio[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]

A - I really like both [name]Abram[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name]. I think they’re both classic yet cool names that I can imagine on a boy of any age. I love [name]Andrew[/name], but if popularity is an important factor to you, I’d go with [name]Abram[/name]. If it isn’t, I’d go with [name]Andrew[/name].

B - You have some wonderful B names, but my favorites are [name]Brennan[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name]. I think [name]Brennan[/name] is very cool and modern, while [name]Benjamin[/name] is timeless. And the nickname [name]Ben[/name] is just awesome.
My vote goes to [name]Benjamin[/name].

C - I adore both [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name]. I’ve long loved [name]Christopher[/name], I think it has a cool yet classic feel. [name]Charles[/name], on the other hand, is timeless and classic, and the nickname [name]Charlie[/name] is fun but still sophisticated.
Although it’s a tough decision, my vote goes to [name]Charles[/name].

I actually think [name]Armistead[/name] is a cool name, but I wouldn’t use it as a first. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Armistead[/name] sounds nice.

[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
Any of your family names in the middle

Dislike:
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Antony[/name]-would prefer [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]-needs a family connection to work, imo
[name]Caelan[/name]

My favorites are:

A:
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]

B:
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]

C:
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]

[name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Brennan[/name], & [name]Cade[/name]

A - I love the name [name]Ambrose[/name] so much! [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Garner[/name] is fabulous. My second favorite is [name]Abram[/name] [name]Garner[/name]. I love the nn [name]Bram[/name]. I think [name]Armistead[/name] is cool but if anything I’d put it in the middle spot. It’s a bit too unusual, I think, for the fn spot.

B - I think [name]Bramwell[/name] is so cool! Very chic and [name]Bram[/name] is a cute nn. It goes nicely with your last name as well, [name]Bramwell[/name] [name]Garner[/name]. I like [name]Benicio[/name] too but I think it will get a lot of pronunciation issues. My second favorite for you is [name]Byron[/name]. [name]Byron[/name] is a cool, poetic and underused. [name]Byron[/name] [name]Garner[/name] flows well.

C - I would stay away from [name]Caelan[/name] since [name]Kaylin[/name]/[name]Kalyn[/name]/[name]Kaelyn[/name] is a really trendy name for girls. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] and [name]Cedric[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are favorites of mine. They’re soft but strong- best of both worlds! Either would be nice with your last name. [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Garner[/name]. [name]Cedric[/name] [name]Garner[/name].

Good luck!

Here are my favorites :slight_smile: Good luck!

A:
[name]Abram[/name]
([name]Adrian[/name] comes in second)

B:
[name]Beckett[/name]

C:
[name]Callum[/name]
([name]Cade[/name] comes in second)

I like [name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] the best from your list :slight_smile:

[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
All very nice, classic choices!

[name]Beckett[/name]
I actually like this one despite it’s trendy-ness.

[name]Cedric[/name] and [name]Cyrus[/name]
My favorites off your list!

Narrowed it down a bit.
” [name]Aaron[/name]
” [name]Abram[/name]
” [name]Ambrose[/name]*
” [name]Andrew[/name]
” [name]Benicio[/name]*
” [name]Benjamin[/name]
” [name]Byron[/name]
” [name]Cade[/name]
” [name]Caleb[/name]
” [name]Cedric[/name]*
” [name]Charles[/name]*
” [name]Claude[/name]*
” [name]Cyrus[/name]

I like:
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]

(In theory I also love [name]Crispin[/name], but I can’t actually imagine it on a child these days.)

[name]Alexis[/name]

Nice names here!

I like:

” [name]Aaron[/name]
” [name]Ambrose[/name]*
” [name]Armand[/name]*
” [name]Armistead[/name]

” [name]Benjamin[/name]

” [name]Cedric[/name]*
” [name]Charles[/name]*
” [name]Crispin[/name]*

Narrowed it down again, we’re down to two per letter, so you could pretty please let me know which one of each letter you like best, that’d be great. THanks.
” [name]Ambrose[/name]*
” [name]Andrew[/name]
” [name]Benicio[/name]*
” [name]Benjamin[/name]
” [name]Charles[/name]*

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

[name]Ambrose[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] & [name]Christopher[/name] :slight_smile:

Good job! The new technique seems to be working!