Trying to agree on FINAL name for first little girl...

My husband and I are expecting our first child, a girl, in [name]April[/name]. We have been trying to decide on her name since we found out we were pregnant- and now we are just ready to call her something besides “the baby”. Unfortunately, every name I like seems to lose it’s charm after a while; has anyone else found it hard to be 100% committed to a name?? We have her middle name chosen: [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]; but please, help us decide on her first! I’m curious to see what others like…
Thank you!

[name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]…?

[name]Avi[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]…?

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]…?

I like both [name]Halle[/name] and [name]Liv[/name]. You may want to wait until you meet her. It may be that when she’s born she’ll look more like one or the other.

I like the name [name]Liv[/name] the best, but [name]Halle[/name] sounds the best with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. What does your last name sound like?

I am a big fan of the name [name]Liv[/name] - it is a long term favourite because it is so spunky, exotic (without being difficult to say or spell) and elegant.

[name]Halle[/name] for sure

[name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is adorable! It is definitely my favorite. [name]Liv[/name] is so short and sounds very similar to [name]Lynn[/name] so I would choose one of your other two choices if I were you. Or maybe use [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Lavinia[/name] with the nickname [name]Liv[/name].

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] are classic sounding mns so I like the suggestion of using [name]Lavinia[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name] with the nn [name]Liv[/name] with them. [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] sound too close to use alone. Similarly, I would use [name]Avis[/name], [name]Avia[/name], Avila, etc. for [name]Avi[/name]. [name]Halle[/name] is just nms, but I agree that it sounds the best out of your list. I also think that [name]Tess[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] works well too.

I feel you need a longer first name for two one syllable middle names. [name]Liv[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] doesn’t sound great at all but it’s my favourite of the three potentials. [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] sounds much better and I imagine most will assume [name]Liv[/name] is an [name]Olivia[/name] anyway.

[name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] smushes together and it ends up sounding like Hallegracelyn as opposed to three names. [name]How[/name] about [name]Helena[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] with the nn of [name]Halle[/name]?

[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] would be nice.

I vote for [name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. I [name]Love[/name] this…it’s gorgeous! Great taste!

Thank you so much for your input so far! Our last name is somewhat long, and it both starts and ends with an s, so long names or “S” names are out for us. [name]One[/name] last choice on our short list:

[name]Vera[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]… My hubby’s choice
[name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]… My choice
Thanks again!

I like [name]Vera[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] more than [name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name], but I miss [name]Liv[/name]–is it not an option anymore? I think with three one-syllable names in quick succession like that, it comes out sounding like [name]Liv[/name] [name]Gracelyn[/name] (which happens to be a GP of mine!), but I still really liked it! I think [name]Olive[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name], nn [name]Liv[/name], would have been adorable, too.

I agree with ashthedreamer; if I say [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] as two seperate names, [name]Liv[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] sounds a bit choppy and very much like a sentence to me. If you are saying it as if it’s one word, “[name]Gracelynn[/name],” then it does work with [name]Liv[/name]. I also like the suggestion of [name]Olive[/name].

[name]Vera[/name] and [name]Halle[/name] are so different it’s a bit hard to compare! You might have to wait until you see her little face on that one. I have to say I think I prefer [name]Halle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] as a combo because while [name]Vera[/name] has that vintage charm, to me it needs a spunky less traditional nickname for balance.

Congratulations!

If you like the nickname [name]Avi[/name], and she will be born in [name]April[/name], why not go with [name]Avril[/name]? It’s fairly well known now due to [name]Avril[/name] Lavigne, so I doubt there would be pronunciation issues. [name]Avril[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] actually works pretty well.