Trying to build a new girl list

Hello Berries!

I would love to have your opinion on my list and to know which ones are your favorites with [name_f]Liv[/name_f]?

Here is the list:
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Brune[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
Esmée
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]

• [name_f]Alma[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Billie[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Brune[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
  • Esmée
  • [name_u]Zola[/name_u]

0 voters

Thank you

You have such gorgeous taste that I voted for most of these, not the most helpful, sorry! :flushed:

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is such a sweet, sleek, lively name, and I love the shorter, sparkier names on your list for sisters.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 5 for you in order of preference:

1. [name_f]Alma[/name_f] – it’s very close between this and [name_u]Zola[/name_u], but I love the complimentary meanings of the names [name_f]Liv[/name_f] “life” and [name_f]Alma[/name_f] “soul”. Plus, it’s a beautiful underused gem of a name, which feels just as international and sophisticated as [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but still youthful and fun.

2. [name_u]Zola[/name_u] – I love how bright and energetic this is paired with [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. The Z sound and the V sound together are full of life!

3. [name_f]Brune[/name_f] – This is such a simple, chic name, just like [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. I think they sound absolutely wonderful together.

4. Esmée – I know this is a real favourite of yours and I love it too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s very soft, warm and pretty, but feels strong and energetic too.

5. [name_u]Billie[/name_u] – This is really growing on me lately. It feels perhaps a bit nicknamey next to [name_f]Liv[/name_f], which to me stands alone a bit better, but I do like the playfulness and mischief of [name_u]Billie[/name_u], and I think they sound like a fun duo.

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f], while beautiful names, feel a bit too formal and traditional beside sweet, lively [name_f]Liv[/name_f] to me.

I LOVE [name_f]Alma[/name_f] for you!! It’s such a sweet bright name, and I think it’s gorgeous with [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. I also voted for [name_f]Colette[/name_f], which doesn’t match [name_f]Liv[/name_f] in length, but sounds sleek and elegant and European like [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f]. Perfect!

I’m not a fan of [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Brune[/name_f], or Esmée. [name_u]Zola[/name_u] just reminds me of that wedding website with the ads with [name_f]Lea[/name_f] [name_u]Michele[/name_u] in them, but I could surely get over that if I knew an actual person named [name_u]Zola[/name_u]. Although it also sounds like “Zoloft”, which is a very common antidepressant… So yeah, maybe it’s just not my favourite, but if you don’t have those associations I can see the appeal, since it’s zippy and sassy and short!

I love

[name_f]Alma[/name_f] - quirky, cute and feminine
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] - lively and vibrant
[name_f]Esmee[/name_f] - sweet and fresh

Thank you, I really appreciate it!
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the complementary meanings for [name_f]Alma[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f], thank you for pointing it out.
I have the exact same feeling about [name_u]Billie[/name_u] next to [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. I’m scared it would be to nicknamey. But it feels so fresh and cute… Any idea for a full name?

What is your opinion on Edmée? :slight_smile:

I didn’t know about the antidepressant or the website. [name_u]Zola[/name_u] is the last name of a french writer ([name_m]Emile[/name_m] [name_u]Zola[/name_u]). I think I like [name_u]Zola[/name_u] more on a boy. What do you think?

Thank you!

Since [name_m]Bill[/name_m]/[name_u]Billy[/name_u] is traditionally a nickname for [name_m]William[/name_m], how about [name_f]Willa[/name_f]? [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would be gorgeous together :blue_heart:

I like it, but it isn’t my favourite of the -ée names. Something about it reminds me of Edam (cheese :cheese:).

I love your Ysée, which I know I’ve advocated for in the past, and your beloved Esmée feels like a more natural fit with [name_f]Liv[/name_f], which is unusual but approachably international.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about Estée? [name_f]My[/name_f] sweet little SIL (aged 4) is named that, and it’s really grown on me since FIL and MIL chose it. Sweet, light but feisty! I also really like Astrée, in a similar vein.

YES!! :+1:

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]Zola[/name_u] make such perfect sisters! I know of both the website and the antidepressant, but I still don’t think of either when I hear the name. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] on [name_u]Grey[/name_u]’s Anatomy has a daughter with this name, and it’s where I first heard it, so that’s my closest association when I hear it! I think both [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_u]Zola[/name_u] are spunky and sweet, and full of life.
[name_f]Esmee[/name_f] is my second favorite. It makes [name_f]Liv[/name_f] feel even softer when paired with it. they’re both adorable names that make me picture gentle, kind sisters.
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] rounds out my top three. I think it goes great with [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. They’re both nickname names, so I don’t think [name_u]Billie[/name_u] needs a full name. If you’re looking for a ‘full name’ though, there’s [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Sable[/name_f]/[name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Belinda[/name_f], [name_f]Cybele[/name_f], [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f], [name_u]Abilene[/name_u], and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I’ve also seen it used for ‘belle’ names. I personally prefer just [name_u]Billie[/name_u], though. I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]Billie[/name_u] are cool, fun sisters.
I also like [name_f]Alma[/name_f] and [name_f]Brune[/name_f], very pretty names that fit with [name_f]Liv[/name_f] nicely!

Oh I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. Pretty sure my husband could like it as well.

I just adore Ysée. If it was not too close to “easy”, my daughter would have it as a first name for sure… Maybe for a hypothetical sister?

I think that I prefer the “may” sound, but Estée is definitely a beautiful name. I will think about it!
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves strong names that start with an A or, even better, with Ast-. He suggested [name_f]Astra[/name_f], Astrée, [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Aster[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], but they seem too strong to me. Estée sounds a little like [name_f]Aster[/name_f] or Astrée, maybe he would like it.

I also thought about Daphné…

Thank you! I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. Not sure about [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] in [name_f]France[/name_f] though :confused:
I know that [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is also a nickname in the US, but we pronounce it “leev”, like the Scandinavian name!

1 Like

Really like Daphné. Very soft and quietly strong.

Oh, I love it pronounced that way! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it isn’t pronounced the same as the nickname, I still think it works perfectly! I personally really love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] as an option, too.
[name_m]Reading[/name_m] your other comments, I can tell you really love Esmée, and I think that works beautifully too.
Daphné is also a nice option! It definitely is really soft, and sounds nice with [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

(side note, I just wanted to say that I’ve always thought of [name_f]Astra[/name_f] as a soft name! Like a kind little girl who loves reading books, drawing, looking at the stars, and laughing. just wanted to mention it!)