Trying to choose between these two girls' names-thoughts appreciated!

[name]Hi[/name], I am due in about 2.5 weeks, (and went 3.5 wks early last time!) And am trying to choose between two girls’ names for my 3rd girl (5th child). I posted several weeks ago and have narrowed down my list through DH’s elimination!

We have 4 other children (2 boys, 2 girls), they are in order GBGB: [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Schuyler[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name], and [name]Felix[/name].

My husband has vetoed my top 4-5 girls’ choices. I was considering [name]Violet[/name] (which is a distant family name) for a first name but it seems a tad too trendy (and I’d like to stay out of the top 200), plus he only wants it as a MN, so it will go there. Our last name ends in the “ee” sound.

It’s down to these two below.

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Violet[/name] _____ey
[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] ___ey

[name]Thalia[/name] would be pronounced “THAIL-ya” with the accent on the first syllable, (i.e. probably Americanized, not the Greek pronunciation).

He’s not completely on board with [name]Thalia[/name] b/c he thinks there are spelling challenges, but I can’t see how they are worse than what we already have with child #2 or#3! I was all set with [name]Rosalie[/name] but i think I like [name]Thalia[/name] a tad better-so which one do you like best? Either considering or not considering the other siblings? Sorry I cannot figure out how to create a poll…[name]TIA[/name]!

PS: He might consider [name]Persephone[/name] but that seems a tad long, as I’d like for it to be 3 syllables or under.

I prefer [name]Rosalie[/name]

[name]Thalia[/name], for sure! [name]Rosalie[/name] seems trendy-ish/popular right now and I just absolutely love [name]Thalia[/name].

Hmm. I am leaning [name]Thalia[/name], but like both names and it is hard to decide. I see your dilemma! Here are some factors to think about if you didn’t already:

[name]Rosalie[/name]: With your last name ending in -ee, this may be rhymey. But, only you can decide. It could also totally work.
With the middle name [name]Violet[/name], that is kind of a lot of flower. But, that’s not awful. In some ways it’s nice.
With sister [name]Isabel[/name], there’s a faint Twilight thing because of [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name]. At the same time, they’re far apart in age, and I don’t think your [name]Isabel[/name] goes by [name]Bella[/name].
[name]One[/name] good thing: everyone else has an S or S sound in their name ([name]Felix[/name] just in letter X, but still). So she’s share that.

[name]Thalia[/name]: no concerns with ln or mn, I don’t think.
Odd one out without S letter or so und (but, I mean, whatever, I am noticing this without really caring, so understand if you don’t care either, but I know sometimes people do).

Good luck!

[name]Thalia[/name], only because [name]Rosalie[/name] + [name]Violet[/name] is just too much flora for me.

Jesba, you make some good points abut the S not being there with [name]Thalia[/name], though not a deciding factor for me, maybe something in [name]Rosalie[/name]'s favor.

On the flip side, I have definitely considered the overly floral tone that both you and teacherma have noted, and the Twilight thing has been brought to my attention on boards as well-not too bothered by that since I’ve never even seen the movie but I am not thrilled about it either. (You are correct, DD #1 does not go by [name]Bella[/name]-just [name]Isabel[/name], and she is almost 9, so far away from this one).

Thanks everyone thus far, I am eager to see more opinions!

If you surname ends in the ‘e’ sound then [name]Rosalie[/name] is out and as the pp said [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is too much.

[name]Thalia[/name] is a difficult name to understand. I like [name]Tahlia[/name] because it is intuitive and very pretty pronounced as tar lee ah.

rollo

[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is too much flower for me.

I’d suggest [name]Dahlia[/name], but that’s a flower too.