Trying to decide on a less common girl's name...

[name]Jill[/name]. Thank u for ur input. Many of the names you have suggested I have also suggested to my husband, but he doesn’t like them. We were trying to stay with an Irish name, since my husband is Irish, and the name [name]Alanna[/name] is also Irish, but we can’t decide on one. He really wanted [name]Riley[/name]/[name]Rylee[/name], but b/c it is SOOOOO popular and trendy, I won’t go for it. I also tried [name]Aveline[/name], but he didn’t like it, and said it sounds too close to his cousin’s daughter’s (and the very popular) name [name]Ava[/name]. We’re still trying to keep the Irish, or atleast Celtic, theme with this baby, but it’s not working out too well… especially b/c some of the names are so hard to pronounce! I also posted that I was able to talk him out of [name]Nevaeh[/name], and [name]Nayeli[/name] (though I really love the meaning) is on it’s way off the list. [name]Cadence[/name] and [name]Anissa[/name] are our 2 top contenders right now, but we are still looking! Thanks again!!!

Have you considered [name]Keira[/name]? It’s a sweet, familiar, Irish name which still isn’t terribly popular and goes fairly well with the names of your other children.

Have you considered [name]Elva[/name]/[name]Elvia[/name]? I believe it to be an Irish name meaning “leader of the elves”. Has a similar sound to [name]Neveah[/name].

I think [name]Sarina[/name] fits great with [name]Alannah[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name].
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]

I love [name]Keira[/name]!

It’s great to hear from you! :slight_smile: I really hope you weren’t offfended by my post. I was just so worried that you’d name her [name]Nevaeh[/name], and then see the unflattering comments about it on the internet. (I checked, and they weren’t just on Nameberrry, but literally all over the internet.)

I know that bad things are said about all names, but I honestly don’t think that I’ve ever seen a name attract negative feelings like [name]Nevaeh[/name] does. I thought it was better to say something now than have you name her [name]Nevaeh[/name] and hear bad things after the fact. :slight_smile:

Celtic:

[name]Sabrina[/name]

Irish:

[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Evaleen[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (not Irish, of course, but you could use the Irish [name]Rory[/name] as a nickname)
[name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]

Scottish:

[name]Annabel[/name] (close to [name]Alanna[/name], though)
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]

Welsh:

[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]

Some work better than others with your kids’ names, but I think they’re all pretty. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name]
[name]Sorcha[/name]
[name]Aislin[/name]
[name]Eilish[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Eibhlin[/name]

[name]Cadence[/name] is really common and its getting even more popular. I like all your other names, especially [name]Nayeli[/name].

Thank you again ladies for all your input! I have also been tinkering with the name [name]Cailyn[/name] (Irish); however my husband doesn’t care for it. He says it sounds too much like [name]Caitlyn[/name] and [name]Kayla[/name].
[name]Jill[/name], you did not offend me at all! I was thrilled about the name [name]Nevaeh[/name] when I first came across it, but then as I read more about the name, I realized I didn’t like it so much anymore… however I did tell my husband about it and he fell in love with it. But I showed him some posts and he then agreed that it should come off our list. So the only two names we agree on now are [name]Anissa[/name] and [name]Cadence[/name]. Like I said, I’ve been tinkering with [name]Cailyn[/name] (or [name]Cailin[/name]), but he doesn’t care for it. And he likes [name]Riley[/name] (or [name]Rylee[/name]), and I don’t like it. Most of the names you have listed, I have proposed to him, but they are [name]WAY[/name] too unusual for him! And [name]Sabrina[/name] only reminds me of the teenaged witch show, lol.
I keep going over and over all the names, but we keep getting stuck. I know I do not want anything in the top 100 though. I really like more uncommon names, but if he hasn’t heard it before, he won’t like it. I guess I should do what I did with [name]Alanna[/name]'s and just keep sticking it in his head… eventually he’ll like it! lol

[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Megan[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Aisha[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name]