Trying to finalize Norah's middle name

See the results of this poll: Trying to finalize Norah’s middle name

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Norah Quinlan W***: 4 (21%)
  • Norah Larkin W***: 7 (37%)
  • Norah Brigid W***: 8 (42%)

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Tara[/name]!

You have another daughter, right? Could you tell me what her name is, again?

Off the bat, I don’t love [name]Norah[/name] [name]Brigid[/name] - it has a bit too much R in it for my liking. I like both [name]Norah[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name], perhaps [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name] a bit more because I prefer [name]Norah[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], myself.

Another thing - what is the significance for you of [name]Norah[/name] over [name]Nora[/name]?

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Norah[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] has the best flow to it, I do like [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name] a lot, too. [name]Brigid[/name] doesn’t quite work, in my opinion.

Hey lemon!

Yes, we have [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maura[/name], [name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] , [name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] W***.

I don’t know why I prefer the ‘h’ on the end of [name]Norah[/name]. Maybe so that I won’t have three girls names that end with an ‘a’. Also, to me, it softens it up a bit.

Thanks for your reply!

[name]Tara[/name]

Hey lemon!

Yes, we have [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maura[/name], [name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] , [name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] W***.

I don’t know why I prefer the ‘h’ on the end of [name]Norah[/name]. Maybe so that I won’t have three girls names that end with an ‘a’. Also, to me, it softens it up a bit.

Thanks for your reply!

[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

[name]Tara[/name],

Oh, that’s right! Gosh, I love [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]!

I hate to bring this up, but have you considered using [name]Nora/name as a nickname for something like [name]Norina[/name] or Normandy, giving it a bit more length to go with [name]Juliette[/name]?

Otherwise, I’ll keep my vote for [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name]!

Hey lemon!

Thanks for your reply!

[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

[name]Tara[/name],

Oh, that’s right! Gosh, I love [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]!

I hate to bring this up, but have you considered using [name]Nora/name as a nickname for something like [name]Norina[/name] or Normandy, giving it a bit more length to go with [name]Juliette[/name]?

Otherwise, I’ll keep my vote for [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

I’ve thought about [name]Honora[/name]. What do you think of that?

Thx!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], again!

I think I prefer the [name]Annora[/name] spelling, myself, as it is less “in-your-face” [name]Honor[/name], you know? Pretty name!

I also think that [name]Vivian[/name] (or [name]Vivienne[/name]) [name]Brigid[/name] would be so sweet with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name].

I voted for [name]Brigid[/name], since I’m not a fan of surnames as first names (or middle names). I definitely prefer [name]Nora[/name], because [name]Norah[/name] seems like a cut off ending of another name, or a nickname.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Honora[/name]/[name]Annora[/name] with your other kid’s names! I also like [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name].

I’ve tried to love [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] but I just don’t. To be honest, I don’t really like [name]Honora[/name] either. [name]Norah[/name] has been our go to name for a while now. If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn’t choose [name]Bella[/name] or [name]Mia[/name] (is that terrible?). They’re both awfully popular and I hadn’t really planned on that.
I am open to other suggestions for this kid’s name.
I don’t want anything that sounds even remotely Italian.
To give you an idea of other names I like: I enjoy [name]Esme[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Matilda[/name],[name]India[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Maren[/name], [name]Ines[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]. My hubby has nixed all of these :frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanks-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

No - I don’t think it is terrible that you sometimes wish you hadn’t chosen [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] for your daughters’ names. It is bound to happen at one point or another, and I don’t think anybody wishes for their child’s name to become quite popular. But, for some names, that’s just how it goes. Usually, it is the sign of a very nice name, though, so find solace in that!

Okay, so you seem to like names that aren’t too out-there but aren’t, say, [name]Emma[/name]. You like feminine but simple. Is that accurate? What does your husband like? If, at the end of the day, you both love [name]Norah[/name], then you should use it, but if not, let’s see what we can find!

Personally, I’d like to find a longer name since you’ve got so many two-syllables ([name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Leo[/name]) and just one three-syllable ([name]Juliette[/name]) as it is now. Here are some suggestions:

[name]Alaina[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Corina[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

MY PICKS - [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name]

[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]

MY PICK - [name]Annika[/name]

Or, for something different, what about these?

[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]*
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Rosalyn[/name]*

[name]Caroline[/name]*
[name]Jacqueline[/name]*
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]*

[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]*
[name]Emily[/name]*
[name]Rosemary[/name]

[name]Abigail[/name]*
[name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Muriel[/name]*

Okay! (*) are my picks from that set!

I think [name]Norah[/name] is a wonderful name!

My pick goes with [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name], however [name]Norah[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] is a close (close close CLOSE) second, especially with its associations for you

[name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name] is ever so slightly more free-spirited, so for that small teensy reason alone I voted [name]Larkin[/name]

Awww! Thanks, maj!

I appreciate your response!

[name]Tara[/name]

I like [name]Bryony[/name] (hubby will never go for that, though), [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Gillian[/name] (is that too close to [name]Juliette[/name]?)and [name]Marisol[/name].

Thanks so much for your list of suggestions!
I appreciate the thought you put into it!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Tara[/name]!

[name]Glad[/name] you found some you liked! What were they - [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Gillian[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], and [name]Marisol[/name]? Why don’t you run them by your husband and see what you both think!

I don’t think [name]Gillian[/name] is too, too close to [name]Juliette[/name], but if you are worried, don’t choose that one. Honestly, I love [name]Rosalie[/name] with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]! It has the same feminine charm and sophistication that each of your other girl names have…

[name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Brigid[/name] would be nice, and [name]Rosie[/name] is a sweet nickname!

Take care!

Those are really cute together! My hubby dislikes [name]Rosie[/name] O’[name]Donnell[/name] immensely so I’m not sure he’ll go for [name]Rosalie[/name] b/c [name]Rosie[/name] will inevitably be the nickname. I’ll run it past him, though!

Thanks again!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Tara[/name]! From the unisex middles, I voted for [name]Norah[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name]! I love your idea of using [name]Quinlan[/name] in the middle! (High-fivies to you!) I think it’s great! If you choose not to go with a unisex middle, I’ll vote for [name]Norah[/name] [name]Brigid[/name]. I think it’s really elegant!

(I don’t know if it’s an issue for you, but I just wanted to mention that [name]Gillian[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] are both related to [name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]/[name]Julian[/name]–and have the same meaning-- just like [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are both forms of [name]Charles[/name]…)

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name],

Wow! [name]Rosie[/name] O’[name]Donnell[/name] isn’t the first thought I had with that! Well, you could call her [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosa[/name] instead, if it is too much of an issue. Or, you could be “creative” and call her [name]LiLi[/name] (said ‘[name]LEE[/name] [name]LEE[/name]’). I guess just run it by him…

But, [name]Tara[/name], if you and him both [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Norah[/name], then don’t let me drag you down here! Go for it, if it is the one you want!

Take care, and good luck!

PS I don’t know if this is too classic for you, but you might like [name]Adeline[/name]. Or [name]Scarlett[/name], but I’m not sure if it is too close in sound to [name]Juliette[/name]. Or, maybe [name]Ruby[/name]? Or, maybe [name]Anneliese[/name]? I personally say it as anne-ah-leesz, but you can add an -uh sound to the end.

I love [name]Norah[/name] [name]Brigid[/name]. [name]Norah[/name] is a wonderful name, and I doubt that you would ever get tired of it. [name]Love[/name] the “h” at the end. [name]Norah[/name] has a sensitive and tasteful style. If I were going to compare her to a car, she would be like a sleek [name]Jaguar[/name].