Trying to find "the one"

I just found out that I am having a boy. I posted a little over a week ago regarding the name killian. I still love the name but am just really unsure about how it will be received. I really like boy names that sound cool/edgy and yet are not too cold. So, I’m trying to narrow it down to 3 to get some opinions. I really love the names [name]Brooklyn[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and of course [name]Killian[/name]. [name]Brooklyn[/name] we would probably n/n [name]Brooks[/name] or Rookie. I know [name]Silas[/name] is a more traditional name but I think paired with other more modern choices, it sounds cool. Any opinions on these would be great! Thank you!

Which ever name you choose, remember to consider future siblings’ names.

I think [name]Killian[/name] is adorable! I believe my sister has it lined up for if/whens he has children.

Before we knew the sex of our baby one of the two boy’s names we picked out was [name]Cullen[/name]. I liked it b/c it was similar to [name]Colin[/name]/[name]Collin[/name], not something you hear everywhere, and it was also an Irish name.

It didn’t dawn on me until maybe a couple of weeks ago had we picked it people would have assumed I was some sort of Twilight freak! The name had NO relation to the books/movies.

Two names I really liked, but got vetoed were [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name].

[name]Brooklyn[/name]: Sounds edgy and urban. I prefer the nn [name]Brooks[/name] over Rookie. Although popular in [name]Canada[/name], it’s still rare in the States and has that “x” sound ending.

[name]Silas[/name]: This one sounds more laid-back and cool. Or maybe I’m just thinking of the character on Weeds.

[name]Killian[/name]: I love the flow of this name. It sounds mysterious and cool. “Kill” might be an unattractive nn, but he could always direct friends to call him [name]Ian[/name] if they insist on a shorter version. Have you also considered [name]Kellan[/name]?

I love the name [name]Brooklyn[/name], but it’s too girly for a boy.

[name]Silas[/name] is the crazy albino monk antagonist of The Da [name]Vinci[/name] Code, so that ruins the name for me. :confused:

[name]Killian[/name] is tough. [name]Cillian[/name] is the more authentic Gaelic spelling and is pronounced the same way. It’s hard to spell, but it removes the association with “kill” somewhat. [name]Keelan[/name] is similar, and maybe “Keel” is sort of a better nickname, but it isn’t as bouncy as [name]Killian[/name].

What about Gillean? It rhymes with [name]Killian[/name] and “[name]Gill[/name]” could be a cute nickname.

I love [name]Killian[/name] I like the spelling either way, what do you think of [name]Keagan[/name]?

[name]Brooklyn[/name] - I think of it as a girl’s name (sorry) / nn [name]Brooks[/name] - I like it. [name]Kinda[/name] like the name [name]Niles[/name] - sounds very English Gentleman to me / Rookie - my sister had a dog named Rookie (sorry again)
[name]Silas[/name] - I love it. His brothers could be [name]Jonah[/name] or [name]Eli[/name] or even something more common like [name]David[/name] or [name]Robert[/name]. Tons of possibilities for sibling names.
[name]Killian[/name] - I really like this one too. That said, the word “kill” is in the name, that’s a deal breaker for me, but if you’re okay with it, go for it.