Trying to get out of my comfort zone

Hey Berries!
I’m am in the minority when it comes to having trouble finding names I like. I have a ton a boy names I love and I find new ones everyday to add to my list. Girl names on the other hand😬… Recently I’ve been trying to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to girl names.

Usually my style is unique, strong meanings, nature or mythologically influenced, maybe a bit boyish.
For example, here are my top girl names at the moment.
Jemison “[name_u]Jemmy[/name_u]” (after [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Jemison, the astronaut)
[name_u]Remington[/name_u] “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]”
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] “[name_u]Ever[/name_u]”
[name_u]Aza[/name_u]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] “[name_u]Tris[/name_u]”
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - falling out of love with this one unfortunately :’(

I feel like I’ve gone through ever single unique girl baby name list and there are just no more names to discover! So I’ve been reading new lists that I usually wouldn’t read and trying out a couple new names. For example…
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] - I really like the Divergent connection
[name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - after [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_m]Bader[/name_m] Ginsberg
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]

I guess my “new” style is more frilly, girly names, flower names, etc.

Anywho, what do you think of these names? Could they work in a sib set together (Jemison and [name_u]Noa[/name_u] or [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f])? What new ones would you add?

Thank you so much, I’m really feel stumped right now.
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

OMG IF YOU HAD TWO KIDS NAMED TRIS (for [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]) AND AMITY AHHHHHHH
Sorry, this does not answer your question at all- I’ll add some actual suggestions when I get the chance, I just had to point this out!

1 Like

Hmm… in general, it’s not hugely important to me that names within a sibset match. I think most of the names on your two lists could work together, especially it they are both nature names. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] seems like the most masculine to me, so I don’t know how I would feel about pairing it with more frilly names. Other than that, they could work together. It’s so hard trying to find a cohesive style! Here are some strong and/or feminine names:

Azealia
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_u]River/name_u
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

Wow I love the idea of a girl named Jemison “[name_u]Jemmy[/name_u]” after [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Jemison. So nice and unique! I also really like [name_u]Remington[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] “[name_u]Ever[/name_u]”, [name_u]Aza[/name_u], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] '[name_u]Tris[/name_u]" and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f].
I actually think all of your names would work in a sibset.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Zsazsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_m]Skipper[/name_m]
[name_f]Alexia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pernille[/name_f]
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
Dauphine
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
Celoe
[name_f]Cerise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Frederique[/name_f]
[name_f]Anemone[/name_f]
[name_f]Flore[/name_f]
Amarens
[name_f]Oceane[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

Kerrigan
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Cascade[/name_f]
[name_m]Arlington[/name_m]
Wyeth
Cezanne
[name_u]Alcott[/name_u]
[name_u]Caraway[/name_u]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]
[name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
[name_f]Angharad[/name_f]
[name_f]Anthea[/name_f]
[name_m]Tallis[/name_m]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Ailish[/name_f]
[name_u]Camber[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayana[/name_f]
[name_f]Azra[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Amadea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aubriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_u]Bowie[/name_u]
[name_u]Shelley[/name_u]
Brontë
[name_m]Truett[/name_m]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
Halimeda
[name_f]Jessamy[/name_f]
Izarra
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mireya[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_m]Farley[/name_m]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Elva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lurleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Demi[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Freesia[/name_f]
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u]

@dogs_books
Haha! I hadn’t even realized that! I love those books though, and [name_u]Tris[/name_u] is such a strong character so I wouldn’t mind it!

@may.rose
Thank you! I adored the name [name_f]Fern[/name_f] but idk if it’s too simple. I would like to use it as a nickname but the only name I can come up with is [name_f]Fernanda[/name_f] which I don’t really like. I like [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] but I haven’t given [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] much thought. I actually really like it. It’s seems classic and older but at the same time modern. Adding it to my list right now!

@foeva
Thanks! I really like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_m]Skipper[/name_m], and [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]! Adding them to my list for future combos!

@Greyblue
[name_m]Arlington[/name_m] is so cool! Maybe with [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as a nickname? Is it maybe too boyish though? [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Winslet[/name_f] and [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] are so regal! Ahhh I love [name_f]Azra[/name_f]! And [name_f]Elva[/name_f] is mystical and beautiful! Thank you!

3 Likes

I’m glad you like [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]! I’ve been pondering over it recently.

1 Like

Since you seem to like unique names, I’ll copy and paste my “rare names” and “eclectic names” collections in here (along with my random commentary :wink:)
Rare names:
Eliara
[name_m]Elika[/name_m]
Stelia (heart)
Ameliana
Avilia (love)
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_m]Goldwyn[/name_m]
[name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f] (AAAAHHHH)
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
Adrasteia
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
Castalia
[name_f]Melita[/name_f]
[name_f]Thaleia[/name_f]
Amatheia
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Halia[/name_f]
[name_f]Helia[/name_f]
Thespia
Thespiae (greek city)
Klytie
[name_f]Samia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thaleia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosenwyn[/name_f]
Rosewyn
[name_f]Taura[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_f]Vaila[/name_f]
[name_f]Via[/name_f]
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] ([name_f]Merry[/name_f])
[name_f]Merrily[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f]/Arianwyn
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
Perryn
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]
[name_f]Altalune[/name_f]
[name_f]Luned[/name_f]

Eclectic names:
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] (prob for boy though) ([name_f]Finly[/name_f]?)
[name_u]Averil[/name_u]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
[name_m]Winslowe[/name_m]
[name_u]Elia[/name_u]
[name_f]Gioia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] (Ay-lee)
[name_f]Eluned[/name_f] (ellen-ed or el-IN-ed or el-u-NED)
[name_f]Luned[/name_f]
Lunet
Aerily or Arily
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Marin[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelais[/name_f]
[name_u]Tempest[/name_u]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
Norway
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]

Please consider repeats as agreements! Some of them on the ‘rare names’ are way overly greek (I got a lot of them from a ‘nymph name’ list :grimacing: :flushed:) and even I’m not super sure about them, but… there it is!

Thank you! I have a soft spot for Greek names so that’s perfect!
I’m loving Avalia, [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] (the nn [name_f]Calla[/name_f] would be so sweet!), [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] (great alternative to [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] which I really want to like but it just sounds off to me. [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] sounds more complete!), [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] (so pretty!), Rosewyn (I’m loving [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names right now :slight_smile:) , [name_u]Finley[/name_u] (a know a little girl named [name_u]Finley[/name_u] with this spelling so it’s all girl to me, adding it to my list! I really like it!), [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], and Norway!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

Jemison [Jemmy]-I didn’t like this until in a different post you said that it was after the astronaut. Then I found it very cool! Although I also like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a name.

[name_u]Remington[/name_u]-[name_u]Remy[/name_u] is kind of boyish to me, & [name_u]Remington[/name_u] is very boyish. And also just the name of a gun. Which is why my husband likes it… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]-[name_u]Ever[/name_u] is kind of cool, actually. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is pretty popular for boys. It’s pretty boyish. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Ever[/name_u] is fine.

[name_u]Aza[/name_u]-Oh, I don’t know. I like [name_u]Asa[/name_u] for a boy. I’d be cool w/Azalea or [name_f]Aziza[/name_f] nn [name_u]Aza[/name_u]. I’m more into girly names. :blush:

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]-Ooh, I like this. Especially the fact that i means ‘female warrior’. So cool! [name_u]Tris[/name_u] is different. I like [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] more.

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]-I quite like this.

[name_f]Amity[/name_f]-I feel like I should like this but can’t get into it. It’s interesting & different though.

[name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]-This is just too much for me.

[name_u]Noa[/name_u]-This is just so popular for boys. I don’t hate it for a girl, but I don’t know. It’d be a bit odd.

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]-I love this one! This.is a name that isn’t super girly at all, but it’s still a girl name, you know? It’s smart & down to earth. And the nn [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is super cute.

[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]-I can’t get on board w/this one.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Jemison: I always really liked [name_u]Jem[/name_u] for a girl but I felt it wasn’t strong enough for a stand alone name. Then I came across [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Jemison and I feel in love with the Jemison. I don’t mind [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but it’s a little to popular for me.

Remington “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]”: I agree, it is pretty boyish but I dont mind that. And I’m perfectly ok with the gun association. I knew that, it’s a nod to my brother who’s a gun fanatic lol

Everett “[name_u]Ever[/name_u]”: that’s why I wouldn’t use it since it’s such a popular boys name but hopefully by the time I have kids it won’t be too popular anymore

Bellatrix: I prefer [name_u]Tris[/name_u] (as a nod to the character in the Divergent series). Not a huge fan of [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] but [name_f]Bella[/name_f] is sweet just really popular.

Noa: it is super popular, it may have to go on my guilty pleasure list :’(

Chrysanthemum is a lot of name, this also may have to go on the GP list unfortunately

Thanks for you’re thoughts, I really appreciate it!

Love the names [name_f]Amity[/name_f], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], and [name_u]Aza[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] some suggestions and to make it easier i have the meanings of the names too!

Lark-Songbird
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]-[name_u]Tempest[/name_u]
[name_f]Ashlynn[/name_f]-[name_u]Dream[/name_u]
[name_f]Ariya[/name_f]-Lioness
Lilliannna-Symbol of innocence
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]-[name_u]Night[/name_u]/Beauty
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]-[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]-[name_u]Truth[/name_u]
[name_f]Dae[/name_f]-Shining [name_f]Beloved[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]-The moon
[name_u]Alani[/name_u]-[name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Rock[/name_m]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]-Faithfulness