Trying to name baby after mom...struggling

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] was third on my list behind [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. However, she has been SO SUPPORTIVE of me during this pregnancy where I have been abandoned, that I feel like I have to incorporate the name somehow. Last name is Corris and I have two other children, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emerson[/name].

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Corris - loved this name until I said it all together. Also doesn’t involve mom. Too much alliteration with “c” sound?

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - Too “e” sounding?

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] ([name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) but [name]Catherine[/name] is my daughter’s MN

Any other favorites that have mary or elizabeth in them?

There are tons of variations of both [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] that you could use.

[name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Maryam[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name] (this includes both [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Marika[/name]
[name]Mariska[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Marlene[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Elisabetta[/name]
[name]Lisbet[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name]
[name]Liesl[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Elisheva[/name]
[name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

Combos:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Maria[/name]

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Liesl[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]

irisrose you just beat me to it with this angle. If you look for a variant of [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] you find a wealth of names.

Or if you look for a name that has a similar meaning [name]Elizabeth[/name] means God’s promise, so you could choose some promise names.

[name]Macey[/name] Gift of God
[name]Gwen[/name] Blessed
[name]Eliana[/name] God has answered me
[name]Azaria[/name] Helped by God
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Wisdom[/name]
From [name]Mary[/name] [name]Molly[/name], [name]Marin[/name], [name]Marika[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Marion[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Marissa[/name] and [name]Mia[/name].

[name]Jacqueline[/name] means gracious gift of God

Some combos

[name]Marin[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Hope[/name]

You could use the virtue names to express the way that your mother’s support has expressed itself.

[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] (truth)
[name]Amy[/name] (friend)
[name]Cara[/name] (dearest, beloved)

or loving women of the Bible

[name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name]

more

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Constance[/name]

and last but not least [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and both names mean [name]Joy[/name].

My all time favourite combo is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

Best wishes

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] (not sure on a middle but I love [name]Rosemary[/name])
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] this! You could call her [name]Mary[/name].
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] this is so cute!

[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] are very popular but if you love them then go with one them. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It was “going to be” my first daughters name. My mom is [name]Ann[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and I am [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] so [name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] was a perfect name… but too popular for me. I think [name]Mary[/name] is a wonderful and fresh first name! And it works well with [name]Grace[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]?

Not too far from the [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] you originally wanted and if anything, better and more unique!

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! Or [name]Mary[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] was third on my list behind [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. However, she has been SO SUPPORTIVE of me during this pregnancy where I have been abandoned, that I feel like I have to incorporate the name somehow. Last name is Corris and I have two other children, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emerson[/name].

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Corris - loved this name until I said it all together. Also doesn’t involve mom. Too much alliteration with “c” sound?

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - Too “e” sounding?

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] ([name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) but [name]Catherine[/name] is my daughter’s MN

Any other favorites that have mary or elizabeth in them?[/quote]

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty. [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name].

[name]Mary[/name] Combos

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Willa[/name]

[name]Meredith[/name] [name]Anne[/name] nn [name]Mamie[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], Mere, [name]Molly[/name], [name]Polly[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name] Combos
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - love it.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - this combo makes me so happy. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Ellen[/name] is dated.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - so lovely.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] - I think [name]May[/name] is a form of [name]Mary[/name].

great idea!

I think [name]May[/name] could be a great way to honour your mother, [name]Mary[/name]. I like it because it’s simple and classic like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. Although [name]Mary[/name] would go just as well.

[name]Ava[/name] is gorgeous but so popular, as is [name]Emma[/name], which I like less.

I love the middles [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], they’re two of my favourites too :slight_smile:

I like [name]May[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] so much!

I like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] a lot. You could call her [name]Molly[/name] to distinguish from her grandmother if you wanted to. [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] both go very well with [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] I think. I also like the suggestion of [name]Rosemary[/name] but it doesn’t seem as similar to [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] (maybe just because it’s so much longer). You could use [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as her full name and call her both sometimes to distinguish her from grandmother too.