Trying to narrow down list for baby #4

Have you thought of [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]?

Going by NN alone, I try to think of the mental load of calling them all my name (who amongst us hasn’t accidentally called the cat’s or the husband’s name instead?)

Jay! Mac! Ginny! and …

• Sukie
  • Maggie (I think Margaret is one of the best fits with the list of FNs, but Greta just doesn’t have the same feel as the other NNs, to me) - I actually love Maggie here :heart: buuut it may be a bit close to Mac.

Ginny and Annie, and Ginny and Rosie, and Mac and Hattie would be too close for me on days where I feel like I have a little less mental… bandwidth.

You’re trying to narrow down, so I won’t suggest more than 2 here… Another one that I really like is Lenny, which could be short for longer names like Liora, Eleanor, etc. I also like Lexie, which doesnt repeat the initial vowel sound of other NNs (and therefore is easier to call out, in my opinion). Could stand for longer name of Alexandra or any of its variants.

What do you think?

Welcome back!

I looooove [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and [name_f]Suki[/name_f] :purple_heart: so my vote has to go to one of those.

I think [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]/Sylvie probably fits best with your other children’s names, closely followed by [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/Suki.

Margaret feels a little too close to [name_m]Mark[/name_m], but it’s by no means a dealbreaker.

One more suggestion for you:

Katherine or [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kitty[/name_f]/Kit

I don’t think it matters that [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is similar to [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], given that middle names are so rarely spoken aloud.

Harriet [name_f]Elise[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] would be lovely!

I think [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is delightful, and I think [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is very cute.

OP again! [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to update on our very-non-linear process of choosing a name for baby girl.

Our new short list is as follows:

• Felicity [name_f]Elise[/name_f] “[name_f]Lissy[/name_f]”
  • Helena [name_u]Love[/name_u] “[name_f]Lena[/name_f]” ([name_u]Love[/name_u] is the maiden name of a beloved GGrandma on my husbands side)
  • Rosalie [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]”

Felicity is my front runner currently… I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] but I am concerned about the pronunciation issue. [name_f]Helen[/name_f]-uh (how we would say it) vs Heh-lain-a etc. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my husband and I didn’t pronounce it the same way when I first suggested it! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is a hold-over favorite from when we named our first daughter, and I think it just doesn’t feel as fresh as the others, though I still love the sound of it :woman_shrugging:t2::thinking:. Anyways, the process continues! :blush:

1 Like