Trying to revamp my name list!

Hello Berries,

I was trying to revamp my list and had a few crushes. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you give me your opinion on these names and tell me which ones would make a nice sibset with [name_f]Liv[/name_f] ([name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f])?
We are a french-american couple. We would like a name that is easy to pronounce in both languages. We love vintage and boho names.

Here is the list:
[name_u]August[/name_u]
Cézanne
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
Félix
[name_m]Gaston[/name_m]
[name_m]Gustave[/name_m]
[name_m]Pio[/name_m]
[name_m]Robinson[/name_m]
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]
[name_m]Vasco[/name_m]
Zadig
Zéphyr
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]

• [name_u]August[/name_u]
  • Cézanne
  • [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
  • Félix
  • [name_m]Gaston[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gustave[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Pio[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Robinson[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Vasco[/name_m]
  • Zadig
  • Zéphyr
  • [name_u]Zola[/name_u]

0 voters

Thank you!

You have so many lovely names here!!!

On multi choice polls I usually try and keep my votes to 3, but because you have such a long list with so many lovely options I voted for quite a few more.

[name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] seem like obvious choices to fit your criteria, but I am so charmed by [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] and Félix!!! [name_u]Everest[/name_u], Zéphyr, and [name_m]Gustave[/name_m] are all workable options too that are less familiar state side but definitely pronounceble and not totally unheard of.

1 Like

[name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] are great!! I can see Cezanne, [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] and [name_u]Zola[/name_u] making great middle options too.
[name_u]August[/name_u] Cezanne [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_u]Zola[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] all sprung to mind - as did the bar [name_m]Bastien[/name_m]

Thank you!
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves [name_m]Gustave[/name_m], it’s his favorite. What’s your opinion on [name_m]Gustave[/name_m]?

I voted for [name_u]August[/name_u], Félix (my elder’s middle), [name_m]Gustave[/name_m] (I like the subtle tie of the v to [name_f]Liv[/name_f] without seeming matchy), [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] (I love it no matter how you pronounce it, but in [name_u]French[/name_u] would he be tee-balle-t or more like Thibeau or Thibeult?), [name_m]Pio[/name_m] (so cute and bright like [name_f]Liv[/name_f]), [name_m]Gaston[/name_m] (I love it but in the US it might get comments about Beauty and the Beast), and Cézanne. I really love the idea of [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and Cézanne. They go beautifully together. But in the US with the anne ending people may make presumptions about it being feminine.

You have some amazing options here. Congrats on your daughter and here’s to hoping you’ll use one of these in the future!

In [name_u]French[/name_u] it would be Tee-balle-t, which is my favorite pronunciation.
[name_m]Thibault[/name_m] / [name_m]Thibaut[/name_m] is a classic name in [name_f]France[/name_f], and it is pronounced Tee-beau.

Right? I love it too! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is not too keen, but I’m sure he could get used to it. After all, he loves [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and they seem pretty similar in my opinion.

I understand for the -anne ending, but I don’t think that would bother me. I love softer names for a boy. What could bother me though is the proximity with [name_f]Susan[/name_f]. Not because it’s a feminine name, but because a Cézanne would have to correct people all the time and spell out his name.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

You have such a great list! It was so hard to choose.
I think my favorites are [name_u]August[/name_u] and Félix. I think they both are soft and handsome, which I love. Both [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & Félix make me smile. They’re both such fun, bright sibsets that make me think of laughter and sunshine.
other ones I like a lot are:
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] - really cool, and I love the shared ‘v’ with [name_f]Liv[/name_f].
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] - [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] just sound like siblings.
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] - [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] is the coolest, and I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] are super on trend.
[name_m]Gustave[/name_m] - so handsome! I love the nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u], too. I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u] though.
[name_m]Pio[/name_m] - this is SO cute, I love it! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] & [name_m]Pio[/name_m] sound fantastic together, I love the shared three letters!
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] - I’ve always loved [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m]. I think it’s so handsome.
[name_m]Gaston[/name_m] - I know this isn’t very popular because of the Disney character, but I love it! so strong, with a hint of sweetness.
I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Robinson[/name_m], but I love [name_u]Robin[/name_u].

I’m sorry I got carried away a little, but you have a beautiful list!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. They are both not too popular in the US and still sound great in [name_u]French[/name_u]. [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] is also cool and unexpected. [name_m]Gustave[/name_m] would definitely be “out there” in the US but I think the nickname [name_u]Gus[/name_u] could make it super wearable. Cézanne is handsome as well. Have you considered the name [name_m]Étienne[/name_m]? It is one of my absolute favorite [name_u]French[/name_u] names, and it has a similar softer sound like Cézanne.