Trying to shorten our list

We’re currently ttc baby #2 but our list just keeps growing ! Looking for opinions on our current list….

Dad’s favorite is between [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] . [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite was [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] too until recently… having some second thoughts as I’m worried it’s too common.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] will have two middle names, one more than likely being [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] after my mother. I’m loving [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a middle though. Middle name suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:slight_smile: Last name will be Lopez.

Our list in no particular order…

1. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Boston[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f]
  7. Gabriella/ [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
  8. Makinleigh
  9. [name_f]Lena[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
  11. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
  12. [name_u]Salem[/name_u]
  13. [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
  14. [name_f]Maisyn[/name_f]
  15. Scotland/ [name_f]Scotlynn[/name_f] ( Dad loves Scotland/ Mom likes Scotlynn)
  16. [name_u]Lexington[/name_u]
  17. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
  18. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
  19. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] ( middle name only)

My favourites in order:

Adele
Lena
Josephine
Sophia / Xiomara
Natalia
Sybil
Nina
Gabrielle
Elizabeth

Lena Josephine Adele would not be bad. What about Sybil Sophia Elizabeth too?

I think you should keep:

1. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] - I am not sure of the popularity, but if you like it, go for it!
  2. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] - as alternative to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], with their similar endings?

I think [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] sound really elegant.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] are also nice, though I prefer [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Ariane[/name_f] / [name_f]Arrietty[/name_f] / [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] / [name_f]Mariette[/name_f] / [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] / [name_f]Oriane[/name_f], [name_f]Sybilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Adela[/name_f]. Have a soft spot for [name_u]Salem[/name_u] too. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] is very similar in vibe & sound but is a little too contrived witchy / goth option imo, I know of a few. Sounds and looks pleasing though.

If you are using both [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as middles, I’d start by eliminating the longer first name options.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites :heart_eyes::

1. [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (won’t work with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] tho)
  3. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
  4. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (love this a lot)
  5. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] ( I think both [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] could work together with [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is not my fave name, but it is quite pretty and cute)

Meeeh:

1. [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] and any variations
  2. [name_u]Boston[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f]
  4. Makinleigh
  5. [name_u]Lexington[/name_u]
  6. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] to [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], also not a big fan of Maislyn ( I think :corn:)

[quote=“Kate9415, post:1, topic:435090”]

• Sophia
  • Scotland/ Scotlynn ( Dad loves Scotland/ Mom likes Scotlynn)
  • Natalia
  • Gabriella/ Gabrielle
  • Nina
  • Noelle
    I have my choices in order except [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] which I like equally. [name_m]Just[/name_m] depends for me whether to choose the classic [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], which is beautiful, or not. I believe this can come down to where you live. A smaller area with two Sophias can seem too much; a large area, not so much.
    I like [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] a lot. One of my names is Britland, I have always liked [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] better. The variant, I would leave to you. The pronunciation is almost the same to me, especially if speakers don’t enunciate the final “d” of [name_u]Scotland[/name_u]. Then there is the spelling to consider and finally do you want the traditional feminine ‘lynn’ rather than “land”- which it seems you’re divided about.
    A fabulous list. Best wishes

I think [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], and [name_u]Salem[/name_u] are lovely, and a great middle ground between the uber-popular [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and wacky [name_u]Scotland[/name_u]! Really pretty choices.

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favourites are [name_f]Maisyn[/name_f], Makinleigh, [name_u]Boston[/name_u], and Scotland/Scotlynn - as someone with a name that’s hard to spell, I’d recommend against using a hard to spell name, and [name_u]Boston[/name_u] and [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] just feel odd to me as names.

I adore [name_f]Lena[/name_f] , [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] , [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] , [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] !

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Lopez

Top 4:

1. [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] (LOVE)
  2. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]

Bottom 4:

1. [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f] (pronunciation)
  2. [name_f]Maisyn[/name_f] (pronunciation/spelling)
  3. Makinleigh (potential spelling trouble)
  4. [name_u]Salem[/name_u] (I just think of the witch trials)

I like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], & [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. I think all of those would be lovely with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as middles (or both, [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Elizabeth).

Here are my top favs in order
[name_f]Scotlynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisyn[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexington[/name_u]
Makinleigh
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]

1. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] - solid and nice enough, but very popular, and not my fave
  2. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] - full of flair and nn opportunity
  3. [name_u]Boston[/name_u] - it is kind of cool, but not sure I love it
  4. [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] - pretty sparky and musical
  5. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - sleek, beautiful and elegant
  6. [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f] - distinctive and interesting
  7. Gabriella/ [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] - both of these have flair and style while also feeling grounded
  8. Makinleigh - this looks very awkward. McKinley is nice :person_shrugging:
  9. [name_f]Lena[/name_f] - international and sweet
  10. [name_f]Nina[/name_f] - bright, sparky and full of kick
  11. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] - warm and bright and cosy
  12. [name_u]Salem[/name_u] - pretty witchy and cool
  13. [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] - musical and cool
  14. [name_f]Maisyn[/name_f] - not a fan. I like [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] but Maisyn/Mason is not a vibe
  15. Scotland/ [name_f]Scotlynn[/name_f] - maybe it’s because I’m in the UK, but it feels a bit awkward. Still [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] is cute :person_shrugging:
  16. [name_u]Lexington[/name_u] - intriguing and cool but with a familiar nn
  17. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] - distinctive and bubbly but sleek and clunky-vintage-cute too
  18. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - balanced and charming
  19. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - love this, bright, literary and lovely!

These are some combos I’d make:

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Josette[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Joelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Scotland[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘Scottie’

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are both lovely and I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] sounds great together for the middles if you go for one of the shorter names.

I’ll put them in order from my favorite to least favorite:
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Xiomara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexington[/name_u]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_u]Scotland[/name_u]
[name_u]Boston[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Scotlynn[/name_f]
Makinleigh

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be a lovely combo. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is very popular but for good reason, it’s an elegant classic name that fits at any age. I would definitely use [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] after your mother as a middle name and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is of course the ultimate classic girl name. Other combo ideas:
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Afton[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]