Ttc 2015

I couldn’t find one of these for 2015 yet, but if there is one let me know and I’ll take this one down.

I’m excited to officially join a TTC thread! My firstborn is 8 months old and he was a surprise, so we’ve never actually TTC before. We won’t be until next summer/fall, but with 2015 right around the corner, I’m sure some of you will be sooner than us.

Excited to hear from you all!

EDIT- List of who is TTC and when is on page 48- thank you @northernlights!

I am thrilled to join this thread, even if it’s a little early! As an intro-- my husband and I have been married for 3 years and are in our late 20s. I was in TTC 2014, but my husband and I had a lot of issues this year with work. He had to work crazy hours as they finished one of their big projects–including several days where he had to spend the night at work. We decided that things were a little too crazy to bring a baby into the picture.

Now, things have calmed down, and I just got a promotion at work, so we’re ready to go! I’m finishing my last pack of birth control in [name_u]December[/name_u], and I’m due for a checkup in [name_u]January[/name_u] anyway. I’ll be taking a second bar exam in February (grrr lack of reciprocity). We’re going to TTC starting in February/[name_u]March[/name_u] so that I don’t have to worry about morning sickness or pregnancy brain while I’m studying for the bar. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s a bit early, I am excited to add myself to this thread. I have been TTC since [name_f]May[/name_f] 2013, unfortunately it hasn’t gone exactly has planned. I have been seeing an RE for the past year and have done four rounds of clomid unsuccessfully. My hubby and I have decided to take some time off during the holiday’s and hopeful that 2015 will be our year! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] dust to all!!!

Nice to meet you ccomp! Thanks for the intro!

To introduce myself a little…

My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years. We have an 8 month old little boy, who was a surprise, born in march. We are in our early 20’s. All throughout my pregnancy I swore I only wanted one baby. I had PPD and PPA, and a very high maintenance baby, so up until [name_u]Jem[/name_u] was a few months old, I was sure he would be the only one!

Now that he is getting a little older, I’m getting baby fever again! We were planning on moving in a year when our lease is up, back to [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f], but decided to stay where we are for a few years and focus on completing and enjoying our family. It was jut too hard working in adding another baby amidst moving and finding a ‘forever home’. I want to be able to enjoy my babies baby years! So we will be sticking around here for a while. I don’t love it here, but DH’s family is nearby and I absolutely love the hospital I delivered at.

Once both kids are a few years older we will be able to move wherever we like without worrying about support being super close by (we aren’t fond of the immediate area where either of our families live). My goal is to find a place and a house we love and move by the time [name_u]Jem[/name_u] starts school.

We are both young and I never really started a career. I stay at home, which I love. So once the kids are in school ill probably get back into that. I’d love to start my own photography business.

[name_u]Shannon[/name_u]-- here’s hoping you have a nice, non-stressful holiday season followed by an immediate BFP!

Babylove- I adore the name [name_u]Jem[/name_u]. I’ve been working on my hubs re: [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u]. He thinks [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] sounds too biblical.

Darn, it is almost 2015, isn’t it?

I’m probably going to be coming over from the TTC 2014 boards. We’re having some issues with DH’s sperm count post vasectomy reversal. Started using OPKs this cycle; we’ll see what happens. Hopefully he doesn’t have to have a repeat surgery to make this happen, as this will be our last one (he insists!).

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! I’m excited to join this forum, too. babylove, like you, I had a surprise baby so I have never ttc before, but we will probably be looking to do so in the summer of 2015. [name_m]Konrad[/name_m] is 10 months old and since I work in the school system I’d like for baby #2 to be born around the end of the school year.

Good luck to all, sending good baby vibes your way! :slight_smile:

I can’t believe 2015 is almost here. I am currently over on the TTC 2014 board but will probably make my way here as well. Hello to all the people in here!

Background on me: My husband and I had a miscarriage [name_u]August[/name_u] of 2013. This was before we were married. Decided to wait to try again until after we were married so here I am! We just started trying [name_f]September[/name_f] of this year and so far no luck. I am heading on to my 4th cycle and I am keeping my fingers crossed tightly for next month! Hoping for a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] miracle :wink:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] everyone!

@ccomp- thanks! Our [name_u]Jem[/name_u] is short for [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]. A little roundabout, but it works! Maybe it could be for [name_u]James[/name_u] too, instead of [name_m]Jim[/name_m].

I am already super excited to name #2!!

@meyera- I love the name [name_m]Konrad[/name_m]! It was on our list but I wasn’t brave enough to use it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] to hear it though :slight_smile:

@mill- my you are my hero! I am so nervous about having 2 kids, how do you do it with 4?!

@scarlet- sorry for your loss. I cant imagine how difficult that would be. Hoping you get your positive soon!!

I’m sure I missed somebody. If I don’t get to everyone I apologize. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] brain is bad, but it doesn’t stop once you have the baby, believe me lol!

See, I missed you [name_u]Shannon[/name_u]!

Nice to have you here as well :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’ll be joining this thread instead of the 2014 one as my husband and I just started TTC. We’ve been married just over 2 years and we’re finally ready! Right now we’re just kind of having fun with it - although I am using the ovulation test kits to track my very irregular cycle. I’ve just started reading “Taking Charge of Your Fertility” and it’s been very eye opening! It’s still a bit surreal that I’ve been on Nameberry for 5 years and I’m just now TTC. I’m excited to get to know all of you!

@[name_f]Lainy[/name_f], I like your name, is it a short form of [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] or something? I really like L names (I am a [name_f]Laura[/name_f]) and have been wondering if [name_f]Lainy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] could stand on its own…

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] - [name_f]Lainy[/name_f] is short for LaRaina, yes with a capital R. My grandmother was named [name_f]LaRaine[/name_f] and I am named after her. That’s where the name [name_u]Laine[/name_u] in my signature comes from. :slight_smile: I do think it’s great as a nickname for [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], I’ve also heard it as a nickname for [name_f]Alaina[/name_f]. I’ve also seen a few baby girls named [name_u]Laney[/name_u]/[name_f]Lainy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] recently.

[name_f]Lainy[/name_f] is cute :slight_smile: [name_u]Delany[/name_u] is another way to get there- that’s my sisters middle name.

I can’t believe it’s almost 2015! I’m currently on the 2014 thread as well, so I’ll be moving over here in the new year.

My DH and I have been married since [name_f]April[/name_f] 2013, and have been trying since the start of [name_f]October[/name_f]. We are both 23, and very eager and excited to have kids :slight_smile:

@[name_f]Lainy[/name_f]- I just ordered the same book which is due to arrive on [name_f]Monday[/name_f], I keep hearing great things about it. So maybe it will help me understand things more. I also use OPK’s since my cycles range from 24-30 days so trying to predict ovulation is a little tricky. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know the book is eye opening, I am intrigued to get reading!

@babylove- Thanks, it definitely was a shock and emotional time but now it is easier and glad we are TTC again. Hopefully 2015 we will be a great year for all of us!

Hello everyone! I will be joining this thread as well. I’m so excited that I recently started TTC #1! I just got off of my Depo Provera injection on [name_f]October[/name_f] 16th after almost seven years of being consistently on birth control. My husband and I were married in [name_f]October[/name_f] 2011. I have wanted to start a family since then but my husband wasn’t ready. Now we are both done with school, both have stable jobs (the company my husband worked at for 5 years closed down and he was laid off in [name_f]April[/name_f] but promptly found a new job) and purchased our home in 2012. Now things have settle down my husband seems finally ready to try and didn’t object when I told him in [name_f]October[/name_f] that I wasn’t going back to get my depo shot anymore.

I’m at a loss though of how to track my ovulation. I haven’t had a period in…forever. I was on the shot for 6 years and went to the pill in [name_u]January[/name_u] 2013. It wasn’t until [name_f]May[/name_f] 2013 I got my period back. Then due to negative side effects with the pill making me miserable I went back to the shot [name_u]December[/name_u] 2013 and my period went away pretty quickly. Now I haven’t had any signs of my period coming back (there was only one evening last week I had very light spotting and got super excited but it never continued). I have taken a few pregnancy test just to make sure I’m not pregnant but I don’t even know if I’m doing it right. I might be taking a pregnancy test [name_m]WAY[/name_m] to early (I highly doubt I’m pregnant because I know it can take a long time for the body to adjust after stopping depo provera)

Sorry for the long introduction but, I’m so excited to be apart of this thread. I have loved reading the momberries forums as well as all the name forums for a long time. I can’t wait to get to know everyone!

Emillose, it is so good to have you!

I’m so excited the thread is moving along so quickly.

I have to admit, I’m a tad jealous of all you first timers! Of course I am so super excited for #2 and to experience everything again with more knowledge and experience. But there is nothing like doing it for the first time!

babylove14 - I am jealous of everyone who already knows what to expect! I hate feeling unprepared and the general feeling of being unsure of what to expect. The simple decision of finding out the sex or having it be a surprise stresses me out and I’m not even pregnant yet! I am literally split 50/50 with finding out or being surprised, ugh!

@[name_f]Lainy[/name_f], I’d highly recommend finding out! But I’m sure it’s fun to be surprised later, too.