Ttc 2019

Thank you all for the kind words, I truly appreciate it. I have 12 days off now so I am just going to relax and decompress from this year finally.
@ those who asked - They haven’t given a reason for my levels taking forever aside from some retained tissue back in [name_u]August[/name_u], however my doctor ruled it inactive after my levels dropped a huge chunk further. I haven’t been given a reason for the recent rise, I did go for another blood test on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] but didn’t hear anything back yet. I am hoping they are trending down again.

@oneofthetrio- I am so sorry that you are experiencing another loss. It’s truly not fair. I can only encourage you to seek your doctors advice now instead of waiting. Simply trying for over a year is reason enough to go, along with two losses, there is absolutely no reason to face another if it can be helped. Please please consider going before then!

@kibby, money is too tight right now. DH needs something done and that is going to take our extra money. We are trying again in the meantime and maybe a doctor will actually take it seriously this time. (had this problem too, I was told " having a few chemical pregnancies is pretty common" and to give it more time)

I’m having a few doubts about starting TTC next month. I’ve got a new job opportunity, same hospital but different team, and I don’t know if I should take it or not. I love my job right now, I’ve got wonderful and sweet co-workers and I’m working with a great surgeon, so I’d hate to leave them. But this new job would be a great opportunity and something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I’ve had a lot of changes to cope with this year (divorce, new relationship, moving to a new apartment), and I’m not sure if I can handle a new job right now, but I’m afraid I’ll regret it later if I don’t take it. And a pregnancy on top of all that… I don’t know. But SO would be terribly disappointed if we decided to wait with TTC. So I’ve got a lot to think about right now.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I haven’t been on nameberry in a while, but when I logged on and saw this post I couldn’t help but linger. My first, Iv0 [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is nearly 17 months now and DH and I will likely start TTC sometime between [name_f]April[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] of 2019. It took us 2 years to conceive our first and I had one miscarriage, but I’m really hopeful that we’ll have an easier time this go-around. It will be an intensely stressful year for us though, so I’m worried that we’re not setting ourselves up for success. In [name_f]February[/name_f] we’re moving to a new country (Switzerland!) where we know nobody nor speak the language! I recently had an appointment the REs who helped me get pregnant the first time and I’m so grateful that they gave me a prescription for Femara and Metformin to take with me so that I’ll have it on hand in case I can’t find a doctor right away. We’re moving for my husband’s job and when we begin trying to conceive may depend on how easy it will be for me to find work, as I need to have been employed for 5 months at minimum to receive maternity benefits. I’m really hoping I can find something quickly so that we can start trying as soon as possible! That said, I remember the heartache and emotional turmoil so vividly that I’m also anxious about jumping back in.

Best of luck to all of those in the tick of it! My heart is with you.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! I’m so sorry to hear about the troubles some of you have had this past year. I hope everyone enjoys the last week of 2018, mixed as it has been for many of us, and that 2019 brings new excitement and hope, a sense of things settling down, and of course, the particular blessings each of us is asking for!

Who knows what’s in the cards for our family in the [name_m]New[/name_m] Year? It seems like we have about a dozen big things we’d like to achieve or experience or get in order before having another baby, so TTC feels far off. Then again, I remember thinking we were well-prepared before our son was born, and hahaha, he shook things up! My biggest concern is whether or not I’ll experience severe anxiety and depression like I did during my first pregnancy and the eighteen months after our son was born. It was a pretty bleak period and funny how that works, really hard for us to recognize and address without outside support. My partner’s main concern is making enough to support a family of four while I take maternity leave and after I return to work (daycare isn’t cheap).

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for naming a calico/tortoiseshell kitten? We’ve been calling her [name_f]Greta[/name_f] but it just doesn’t fit. She’s spunky and talkative. I feel like she needs a one-syllable name like [name_f]Jinx[/name_f] or [name_m]Pip[/name_m] but those aren’t The Name either!

@oneofthetrio: Oh no! I’m so so sorry you are experiencing this again :frowning: I hope that you have a better experience next time!!

@rosebeth: Hmm, that is quite a lot to think about! I’m sure you’ll come to a decision you are comfortable with.

@seedsandstones: Gah, it can be such a struggle to see that “to-do before baby” list! Talk about overwhelming and making you feel like you’ll never be ready! With anxiety it and all of that, I think something to keep in mind is that you now have experience with it. I imagine that, as a first time mom, you didn’t quite know the signs, treatments, or support available. If it were to happen again this time, or even just as a precautionary measure, you and your SO can be vigilant and seek help if needed :slight_smile: With the kitten…your description made me laugh! Reminds me of our Siamese mix, which is why her nickname is Mouth or Lip lol! I can’t think of much… since you call her [name_f]Greta[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Greer[/name_f] or [name_u]Gray[/name_u], since they are a bit similar? Maybe Ket or [name_u]Kit[/name_u]?

Hello,

We have one 14 month old daughter, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and we have been trying since [name_f]September[/name_f]. I had a chemical pregnancy in [name_u]November[/name_u]. I haven’t been feeling well and I took a pregnancy test [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u]. It was positive but I went in to take an HCG test to see if it’s a new pregnancy or just lingering hormones from my previous pregnancy. I go in again on Friday and will probably get results on [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. I’m trying to stay positive but I’m feeling a little down today.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I wasn’t great at keeping up with the TTC 2018 forum but I’m still here and still trying.

We’ve been trying to conceive for 14 months. I just had my HSG test and discovered that one of my fallopian tubes is blocked. I’m not sure what the next step is but I finally feel like I have an answer to why it’s taking awhile to get pregnant.

Anybody else have experience with one blocked fallopian tube?

@namergirl, I might have actually figured out my problem and thankfully its one of the first things they check. I think I have low progesterone. while I don’t have ALL of the symptoms it would explain a lot. I’ve always had really heavy periods and issues with weight, but no cysts or thyroid issues. it would also explain our losses and why pregnitude is working so well for me (it has vitamins that help with progesterone production). this time around I’m going to keep on the pregnitude and take prenatals on top of that (I already check the doses and it should be ok).

I figured I’d introduce myself here since we are somewhat TTC right now. We have two beautiful girls, 2 years old and 7 months, and life is exhausting to say the least! Still, we love how close in age our babies are so we’re ready for another. Only problem is I still haven’t had my first PP cycle and our youngest is not the best sleeper. Ideally I’d like to be expecting in the next few months, but I’m also okay with a slightly bigger gap between the 2 youngest kids. I still have some baby weight I’d like to lose first as well. Up until about a month ago I wasn’t sure I wanted any more kids, but now that our baby is becoming mobile and more interactive I just can’t imagine not having another. It doesn’t help that [name_f]Alice[/name_f] keeps talking about wanting another baby in the house either! I hope to see lots of BFPs in the coming year and wish everyone tons of baby dust!

@morgantaylore: Nice to see you again, but I wish it weren’t in these circumstances :confused: hoping for good results either way!

@beccasto: Wow, well it’s good that you got an answer! Did the doctor mention any interventions or anything like that? I haven’t had experience with that (my HSG showed no blockages) but hopefully you can find someone who can relate here!

@oneofthetrio: Hmm…could very well be it! I hope this path helps you! I’ve been really suspicious I have low progesterone, too, but mentally don’t feel up to dealing with figuring that out.

@cyoung325: I believe we were in one, if not two, TTC groups together! Yay for trying for another! That’s so exciting and I’m sure it’ll be stressful but you guys will adapt :slight_smile: I’ve heard that going from one to two is hard but any further after two is relatively ‘easy’ lol. Anyhow, good luck to you!

The time is drawing nearer, ladies! I have to say, this is pretty exciting! If everything goes well, Ovia puts my fertile window at the second week of [name_u]January[/name_u], so we’ll see what happens then!

@beccasto- I’m in a few infertility forums and I’ve heard a lot of people talk about their success in getting pregnant with only one tube open! Sometimes they had surgeries based on what was found on HSG, but some didn’t and they still had luck. ”

@namergirl3- good luck!! I hope this is the month!!

@oneofthetrio/[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] - Progesterone is one of the things my doctor has said we will address the next time I conceive. I’ll be starting on it immediately when the time comes. (However I have no symptoms of low progesterone) You can buy over the counter progesterone creams and I know of a few women that have had success with those.

My long, drawn out, never going to end apparently saga continues. My last blood test has shown my hcg levels have decided to plateau, no ups, no downs, just hanging out in the 50 range for several weeks now. My doctor wants me to book an internal ultrasound again to do a check for any remaining tissues etc that could still be hanging out causing my levels to do this. My ultrasound in [name_u]August[/name_u] did show tissue leftover, and TMI, some of it definitely did come out during the “period” I had in late [name_u]November[/name_u]. I am overdue for another period any day now but with my levels being wonky I don’t know when to really expect it!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to all the newcomers! 2019 is almost upon us! Hopefully this year brings all of us a little something to be excited for.

Well, it looks like I’ll be ovulating on [name_m]New[/name_m] year’s. It should peak tomorrow. Really hope this will be our bfp, that would be a great way to start off the year! Especially after my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] announced her pregnancy at [name_u]Christmas[/name_u].

Definitely pregnant!! I’m hoping this is a sticky baby! (My test results were emailed early.)

Wishing everyone else good luck!!!

@kibby my heart goes out to you!

@morgantaylore congratulations!! Sending sticky baby dust your way.

AF came today, so I am CD1. This is the start of our first cycle TTC #5!

I mentioned to a friend of mine that we were going to try for a fifth and she called us crazy. I have thought the same thing, but I honestly can’t imagine 5 being too different to 4. When our youngest was born we hardly noticed and just fell into the routine quickly without even thinking about it. 5 does sound insane but it also sounds right.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!
Decided to finally join this thread as we are officially trying for number 5! I’ve been following it for a little while and recognize some of you from previous TTC/ due date threads. (@cyong - I remember we were in the same due date groups before. Good luck to you with TTC #3!) A little about me - we have four kids, three boys and one girl (all with E names). We’d love to have one more, if things work out. Our oldest is almost 5.5 and the youngest is not quite 9 months yet, so they are all really close in age, which I love. 4 is definitely a lot, but I love it, and our family doesn’t feel quite complete yet. I’m hoping we’ll get pregnant soon to keep the ages close together again, but our youngest is a poor sleeper and I’m just starting to get back to feeling like my old self, so a bit of a wait might not be a bad thing… My cycles have been all over the place since weaning 6 months ago, so not sure what to expect. Fingers crossed though! Anyways, sorry for a long introduction. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] new year and may all of you get your babies soon!

• [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

It’s all about what feels right for your family. I totally get that. I hope you get your positive soon!

We are trying for #3. I’m actually still waiting for AF to show up. Crossing my fingers but trying not to get too hopeful. Been feeling cramps by my ovaries, particularly the right side. Period- like cramps. So we’ll see!

Congratulations @morgantaylore!!!

Here’s to 2019 being a good and fertile year for all of us ”

@morgantaylore: congrats!

@annah: woah, they really are close in age! I can see how it has advantages, but I don’t think I could cope.

Still no AF here, but it’s due this week, so I’m feeling a little impatient. If it’s as regular as it has been the last few months, my fertile days should be around [name_u]January[/name_u] 12 - 17.