Ttc 2021 😍

I hope this is ok to post a TTC 2021 thread now but as it’s recommended to start folic acid 3 months prior to trying to conceive, (not long and it’s [name_u]January[/name_u] :flushed:) I thought it would be ok to post a TTC 21 topic.

So this is a place for any mums or wannabe mums TTC next year!
[name_f]Share[/name_f] your thoughts/feelings.
Let’s hear from you! :slight_smile:

I’ll start, I have two boys and will be aiming for TTC next year possibly mid to late summer.

12 Likes

I have 2 year old twin boys and we’ll be starting TTC again at the end of [name_u]November[/name_u] this year.
If it takes more than two months we’ll be in the TTC 2021 group too, so I’m dropping in early to say hi! :blush:

Good vibes to everyone who’s preparing!! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Aww hi!! I remember our previous convos. I thought you meant [name_u]November[/name_u] of next year. Ahhhh good luck!! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::star2:

1 Like

Thank you!! Very excited just to have a set start date. :grin:

1 Like

So it looks like we are the only ones lol!?

1 Like

Hey… we are starting next month (late [name_f]October[/name_f]), but I’m really excited for both of y’all. Yay, @whatchamacallit, set start date! And @anon25197097, I’ve spent a good 4 months in full pre-TTC prep mode (12 months more serious, and the past 3 years re-upping my nutrient stores and really trying to care of myself since my last birth), so I totally approve of starting prep early.

I’ll be here if our first 2 tries don’t work out (our third would be very late [name_u]December[/name_u] unless my cycle goes haywire, so the TWW would bleed into 2021). But I’m obviously really hoping for a sticky one straight away.

2 Likes

Wow you are very well organised, thats great. Best of luck to you and I shall keep in touch with you all :grin:

1 Like

Hey @hyacinthbucket :blush: Yes, we talked for a while yesterday and decided that [name_u]November[/name_u] would be a good time. Because of the way my cycle is I’ll only get one try that is fully in this year. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u] is going into [name_u]January[/name_u] too.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you get it the first time, but if not at least we’ll all be here together!

What kind of prenatals is everyone taking? I have NatureMade right now and it seems to be one of the few that I find easy to take.

Maybe @elleplume would like to drop in too? :blush: I remember you saying in another post you were going to start in [name_u]November[/name_u].
Again, hopefully you get it the first time too though!

1 Like

Thanks for checking in! I literally just found out yesterday I’m having surgery in [name_u]November[/name_u] and probably won’t be able to start TTC till Feb :frowning: doing everything I can to prep my body first though so hopefully we succeed first try!

1 Like

Best of luck with the surgery! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything goes smoothly and you’re ready for the new year. :blush:

Thank you so much!

Speaking of prep… What do you all think of coffee on the TTC journey?

The last few weeks I’ve cut out alcohol and refined sugar (and had the bonus of some weight loss as a result!) But coffee is my one vice that I can’t imagine giving up without great difficulty. I have one filter coffee first thing when I wake up usually around 7am then I usually have another around 10. Does anyone have experience with coffee directly impacting fertility?

1 Like

I drank coffee regularly and I had twins so I don’t think it impacted my fertility at all, but I did quit drinking it once I found out I was pregnant. [name_m]Just[/name_m] to be on the safe side.

This time around I’m going to switch to decaf by mid- [name_f]October[/name_f]. I may stop altogether. We will see.
As long as you’re not overdoing it I don’t think it hurts much though. Maybe cut back to one cup a day.

Oh I always forget about the decaf option! That’s a great idea, cause it’s really the ritual and taste that I love more than the caffeine. I’m going to try start the day on decaf and see if I can cut back!

1 Like

Yes, my sister had to remind me that decaf was a thing :joy:

1 Like

OK so I just read that coffee (decaf or not) affects the acidity of the cervical mucus which can hamper fertility… I think I’m going to start on the decaf to wean myself off and then aim to cut it completely out by [name_u]November[/name_u]!

I just realised we’re in a TTC 2021 thread. YAY :blush: may it be the year for all of us!

I haven’t started on prenatals yet. But will start up on them in march.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve read some things like that too. I guess it can be different for different people too, so definitely doesn’t hurt to be on the safe side.

Yes! Hopefully it’s a happy 2021 for everyone :grin:

1 Like

I’m in the UK and I very much obsessed with cups of tea. I’m not a big coffee drinker. But after I’ve had a baby, you need the coffee right!!

2 Likes

Haha I definitely won’t be cutting it out for good! I can imagine being a big coffee-drinking mama. Until the next round!

1 Like

Can I ask if anyone has a coil ? I don’t know when to have mine taken out?? Apparently having a coil is one of the better contraception methods as your fertility returns right away? But then I figured I will need maybe a month to work out when my period is because at the moment I don’t have periods. ( One of the pluses with having a coil) I’m on the low dosage hormone one. The kyleena.

1 Like