Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

This is bad but I think I lived off of energy drinks after the twins were born. :woman_facepalming:t2: Obviously they were formula fed or that couldnā€™t have happened.

Lol it doesnā€™t sound bad. [name_u]New[/name_u] mum tiredness is unreal. I canā€™t remember what I lived offā€¦ Erm inhaling food and indigestion pretty much lol?

1 Like

Hope for a speedy recovery after surgery x
[name_f]February[/name_f] is a good time. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]ā€™s [name_u]Day[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Sorry, no experience with the coil. I think anything must be better than the pill though. I canā€™t even take the pill because it makes me nauseous. Iā€™ve tried them all.
Would your doctor be able to tell you?
If your fertility returns right away I wouldnā€™t do it until right before youā€™re ready. Or else youā€™ll end up with a happy accident baby. :joy:

1 Like

I know lol! I am in a bit of a dilemma because I need to come off the coil to ascertain what my cycle is? So I can get a better idea of when I am ovulating. But then I donā€™t want to come off to early as I am aiming for a certain month. ( I really donā€™t wish to carry over the summer again) that was not fun!
I am no good on the pill either! Terrible migraines with all of them.

1 Like

Do any of you ladies hope for a certain gender.
Ideally I would love a girl but I actually do not mind. I think I will have another boy. I would be genuinely surprised if I had a girl. It wouldnā€™t feel real.

2 Likes

Hmm. Yes, maybe you will have to have it removed at least two or three months prior and just be careful. But I know that can be difficult to do when you donā€™t know your cycle.
I donā€™t use any contraceptive but Iā€™m lucky to have very regular cycles and know when is safe and when is not.

1 Like

I am really hoping for a girl first roundā€¦ Iā€™ve just always imagined a girl, dreamed of a girl, and now we have found the perfect girls name! I want to use it before anyone else in my friendship circle discovers it lol. Iā€™ve already lost a few names to my friends. That said my partner is one of three boys as is his dad!!

Re the coil. Iā€™ve never used it so I canā€™t advise. However I have used natural contraception (i.e. the rhythm method) for over 5 years and never gotten pregnant soā€¦ Youā€™d probably be safe to take it out a few months before youā€™re ready as long as you donā€™t have unprotected sex around your fertile window?

3 Likes

Same. Same. :joy: I know weā€™ve talked about this.
I would love to have a girl and I think weā€™re going to try the Shettles method just to see if maybe it could work for us.
But obviously, weā€™ll love another little boy too.
Whatever it is, they will be our last baby. :sob::heart:

1 Like

I was like that before I had a coil. [name_f]My[/name_f] periods were very heavy which made me anemic and thatā€™s when I had a coil put in and I am really glad that I did as it stopped them! Hmmm maybe Iā€™ll come off in [name_u]January[/name_u], although my partner will be like hell no lol. He wants to try late summerā€¦ I think I need to give it some thought. I really ought to get my cycle back into some kind of well cycle lol.

1 Like

I use this method too. The only problem would be since she hasnā€™t had her cycle she may not be able to tell when her fertile window is at first. :woman_shrugging:t2: But after a month or so it should be ok?

2 Likes

Good point. Well looks like Iā€™ll go get it removed earlier :rofl:
I think we are all for team girl it would appear. :heartbeat:

2 Likes

I can tell my fertile window with the other subtle signs too, for instance the stretchy cervical mucus etc etc. But I guess itā€™s more to do with not knowing how far along I would be, if I didnā€™t really know when I come on my period if that makes sense.

1 Like

Yes that makes sense. I guess as long as you know whatā€™s going on when, it doesnā€™t hurt to take it out early and let your body get back to normal first.

With the ratio of girl name threads to boy name threads it seems like almost everyone on this site is ā€œteam girlā€. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

My partner finds it all very amusing as with our first born it took 2 months and with our youngest, first month of tryingā€¦ So he is like itā€™s ok, we will just hold hands and you will be pregnant. ( Weā€™ve been really lucky in that respect) he finds it amusing as he doesnā€™t understand why I am worrying.
I absolutely love my boys to bits but they are very much BOY I feel like a little sister would really soften them. They have so much energy, love wrestling each other, into cars, transformers, death defying acts in the parkā€¦ They are so lovable and cuddly and easy to please. I donā€™t know why boys get a bad rep.
I can really see a little sister fitting in so well.
Another boy would be equally as lovely but it would be chaos :rofl::rofl::rofl: ill be a mother of dragons.

Well I think Iā€™ll come off march. As my trying period will be may-sept.

3 Likes

Mother of dragons :joy: So true. lol

Yes, I know what you mean. [name_f]My[/name_f] boys are so very sweet and cuddly too. But theyā€™re only 2 and I know they will grow up and be into cars and video games like their daddy someday.
Iā€™d love to see my husband with a daughter honestly. I think it would be even better for him than it would for me. Lol
But weā€™re truly blessed to have twin boys. They are so perfect and they are each otherā€™s best friends.
I know theyā€™ll love a little sibling whether itā€™s a girl or boy.

2 Likes

Aww I feel the same about my partner. He is fond of our niece. ( [name_f]My[/name_f] niece and nephew are twins) and itā€™s funny because my niece looks very much like my two boys. They are all blonde and blue/green eyes so they get mistaken for siblings and [name_f]Isobelle[/name_f] gets mistaken for being my partnerā€™s daughter.
A girl would also be nice because otherwise I will feel really outnumbered :flushed: 4 males to one female in the house.
Any baby is a blessing though.
Did you give any more thought to whether you would find out the gender? ( This question for everyone :))
I think I will because I am terribly impatient.

2 Likes

Soooo cute how they are best friends.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had in mind that I want an entirely intervention free pregnancyā€¦ But it will be so hard not knowing the sex! I think it will depend on how much psychic space itā€™s taking up at the time.

2 Likes