Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Everyone is so sweet here, I appreciate yā€™all just reading my drama.

@Leah129 no, I have papilledema, which is the fancy way of saying swollen optic nerves because of buildup of pressure in or around the brain. It can be caused by things as serious as a brain tumor or extremely high blood pressure (mine is thankfully fairly normal) but can also be related to a rare(?) condition where the body produces too much spinal fluid. I have more symptoms of that. Headaches, pulsing and ringing in the earsā€¦and it tends to happen more to younger, obese women. They have to rule out the more serious possibilities though.

A mountain getaway sounds so nice! Any vacation would be nice, really. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has been watching a bunch of [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u] vacation guide videos, and really has his heart set on going some day. Right now with COVID there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine period, so I donā€™t foresee it happening any time soon. But Iā€™ll let him dream.

Baby dust to you, @morgantaylore !

1 Like

Hey guys, itā€™s been a while since I shared much in here! For those who followed my story toward the end of last year, itā€™s now been 8 weeks since my surgery and Iā€™m doing really well. I still have a lot of fatigue but the procedure was really successful.

I have a flight back to Tasmania next [name_m]Saturday[/name_m]! Iā€™ll be reunited with my man for the first time in almost a year since we were separated by COVID-related border measures. Praying for a smooth transit and zero quarantine.

I happen to be arriving right before Iā€™m due to ovulate but weā€™ve decided not to actively try this month. We want to choose a date and have a little ceremony for our first proper conception effort. We need to get our vitamin regime and everything sorted too so first try will probably be Feb or [name_u]March[/name_u]. So excited!! [name_m]Can[/name_m]ā€™t quite believe itā€™s finally our time.

Blessings and baby dust to everyone :sparkles:

11 Likes

@stephaniebrooke We went to [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u] for our babymoon with our daughter. It was amazing! But yeah probably not going to be able to go back for a while. Weā€™ll have to get creative with babymoon ideas this time lol.

@elleplume Dang Iā€™m new and donā€™t know your story but sure sounds like youā€™ve gone through a lot! Thatā€™s so exciting that youā€™ll be reunited with your honey soon! I canā€™t imagine being separated so long. Iā€™ve never heard of a conception ceremony, how cool!

1 Like

I received the faintest line Iā€™ve ever seen this morning. I mean - had to look under the brightest lights in my house- faint line. Iā€™ll check again tomorrow. So crazy as it has taken us so long previously. Hoping this baby sticks !

15 Likes

@morgantaylore So exciting!! I hope tomorrowā€™s test is more definitive! :crossed_fingers:

I just entered my fertile window (as all four of my tracking apps alerted me this morning :joy: ) so hereā€™s hoping this month is the one! I love the idea of an [name_u]October[/name_u] baby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay, @morgantaylore!!!

@morgantaylore yay!! Hoping for a darker line in the coming days for you!

Iā€™ve just purchased a bunch of pregnancy tests and OPKā€™s for when we start trying next cycle! Which is in two weeks. Iā€™m so excited itā€™s been hard to focus on anything else (work includedā€¦) but Iā€™m kinda of freaking out at the same time haha.

2 Likes

@morgantaylore this is great news!

@morgantaylore - eeek!! So exciting!! Congratulations! What a way to start the new year! Hoping that line gets darker for you! You mentioned it took you a while to get pregnant in the past - do you mind me asking how long?

It took about a year with my first daughter. I had a miscarriage during that time too. It took only a few months for my second daughter and I had a miscarriage on my first try I think.

It is very positive ! Thank you all for your support and I hope everyone else gets their positives quickly! Iā€™m staying cautious as I have had a few miscarriages and trying not to get my hopes up too high. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] 2021 everyone !

7 Likes

@morgantaylore oh I am so happy for you that it happened so quickly! Prayers for a sticky baby :slight_smile:

1 Like

@morgantaylore Congratulations! Wishing you the best! :sparkles::blush:

1 Like

Hi, ladies.
Maybe 2021 will be my year?? (And all of yours!) I chose a new donor, having discussed the possibility with my midwives that the reason Iā€™m having implantation but then immediately miscarrying is due to our incompatibility.
And a vial of the new donorā€™s swimmers is coming today! I got a positive ovulation this morning and have some good CM. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwives will be coming by this evening to do another round of IUI. [name_f]My[/name_f] fingers are crossed so tightly for a sticky baby.

Best of luck to you all!
And congratulations, @morgantaylore!

13 Likes

@morgantaylore Yayyyy congratulations! How many DPO were you when you finally got your positive? I know you were still getting negatives pretty close to your expected period. How long were you trying this time?

@lehassebrock Woohoo get to it!

@Jesabel Haha Iā€™ve stocked up on OPKs but wonā€™t allow myself to buy pregnancy tests ahead of time. I know if I just have them sitting around the house Iā€™ll be taking them at like 6 DPO lol.

@K_rassy13 How exciting! Good luck tonight!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not exactly sure. I wasnā€™t testing my ovulation. We had two unprotected tries without tracking and then decided to wait awhile, since we are going to [name_f]Vegas[/name_f] in [name_u]February[/name_u] . :stuck_out_tongue:

I missed my period before I tested positive though. With my girls I tested positive 4 days before my missed periods. [name_u]Baby[/name_u]ā€™s are weird! Good luck to everyone ! Iā€™m still hanging around in case this one doesnā€™t stick. Fingers crossed !

4 Likes

Haha thatā€™s a smart idea, Iā€™ll probably be doing the same :see_no_evil:

Does anyone get the blues or feel a bit down at a certain point in their cycle? Iā€™ve been feeling really off for two weeks now and it seems to be the period after Iā€™ve ovulated. (Not actively TTC yet during ovulation phase) seems to be a reoccurring pattern at this point in my cycle too :thinking:

5 Likes

Yup definitely! For me itā€™s the week before I bleed, very low mood and energy. [name_m]Can[/name_m]ā€™t trust myself to make any major decisions during that time cause Iā€™ll usually sabotage everything haha.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. Blimey I thought I was going a bit crazy. Lol

2 Likes