Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

@Leah129 he is 3 and a half. He has a fairly big bed for his age ( small double) as parents we have always co slept with our kids. I find it helps them to sleep later on as they get older. [name_f]My[/name_f] 6 and 3 year old sleep through the night without any issues (unless they are poorly)

1 Like

Yes we are so far. Iā€™ve been doing some reading and asking nurses and doctors I know. Apparently covid infections rates are pretty low on planes. Weā€™ll stay as safe as we can while there.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve asked this before or a similar question, but how long do people give themselves on folic acid or prenatal vitamins before TTC? I think my partner has some kind of mental whiplash of emotions going on, or at least he is giving me that :rofl::rofl::rofl: He has just asked if we can TTC next month. ( The original month he wanted ttc was August) he is such a typical Gemini :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Iā€™m sure it will all change next month.
I havenā€™t started any prenatal vitamins up yet and still feel like I need to build my iron up so I actually wonā€™t want TTC until thr April anyway if we were going to try earlier. Men :exploding_head::eyes::grimacing::rofl:

1 Like

@anon25197097 That bedroom decor is wonderful! I would have killed to have a room like that as a kidā€¦ I probably still would!

I donā€™t generally know if this is true for everyone but my doctor told me she usually recommends starting folic acid at least a month before you start TTC. She also said that the most important part is that you take it during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy and the preamble is usually just for good measure. Iā€™m sure it probably varies from doctor to doctor so maybe yours would give you advice thatā€™s more relevant to your situation.

3 Likes

Thank you! For some reason I had in my head 3 months. Ok I shall probably start up in Feb in that case.
We thought we would update his room, he is a school starter this sept so itā€™s a bit more grown up :blush: Z has asked me for an orange room. But I really donā€™t like orange :flushed: so maybe Iā€™ll just do an accent wall. He is also obsessed with the Kraken. Which is ironic as he has Scandinavian heritage through my partner and his side.

1 Like

My doctor also said at least a month before. I agree with @Archer27 that the first 12 weeks are the most important. I hope you guys do get to try soon!

Aā€™s room is awesome! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks :blush::blush: hahah as always Iā€™ll keep you guys posted if I do decide to come off earlier. Perhaps I shall be spontaneous! Lol

2 Likes

Well, my first 2 tries did not go very well.

My way of trying is pretty undocumented territory. I know people have done it, but I havenā€™t been able to find public info on their experiences online. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my forums for other Single Mothers by Choice and folks who used known donorsā€¦ They just didnā€™t have any information on the shipping method I have to use for this cycle.

So that lead to some trial and error. Unfortunately, TTC doesnā€™t leave a wide margin for error. And we JUST realized that MLK day will impact shipping. So that really throws this cycle off.

Iā€™m still going to wait about 2 weeks and take some early detection pregnancy tests. Who knows, maybe one of those little guys made it through. But I worry my terrible mood today from being so disappointed will only make my chances of conceiving worse. Then at dinner my mom said, ā€œOne time my doctor told me Iā€™ll conceive when I stop thinking about it and it worked.ā€ LIKE, OK, THANKS, let me just stop thinking about it even though I have to think about it because weā€™re not doing this ā€œthe fun way.ā€

4 Likes

@Elle1 Sorry to hear that you had difficulty this cycle. I do have my fingers crossed for you that it has worked, but if it hasnā€™t try to see it as a ā€˜tester runā€™ and time to iron out the shipping issues. I know thatā€™s easier said than done especially because of the effort that you put in and the lack of ā€˜funā€™ TTC it may not be not necessarily easy to accept.

Bless your mom, itā€™s difficult when they try to reassure you but their experiences donā€™t really mirror yours. Yes she is right if you are trying to conceive using the ā€˜traditionalā€™ method then relaxing or not thinking about it can work but like you said not really helpful for your situation.

Iā€™ve been trying to talk to my family about TTC this year and also what I would do if I was successful and end up as a mum, my mum just says well wait until youā€™re pregnant you canā€™t decide anything yet and my dad just tells me that I may meet a man before it happens (Iā€™ve been single for 13 years soā€¦). They both mean well but they donā€™t get it. Iā€™ve tried to explain to my mum that I need to think the practicalities through (like childcare etc) before Iā€™m pregnant because as a smbc you need to consider as many eventualities as possible to be able to make informed decisions including whether this is the right path for me (it is!) but hey if I keep talking about it I know they will eventually accept it is happening!

1 Like

Do any of you have ā€œovulation spottingā€? Iā€™ve never had it before and suddenly this cycle, mid way through, I am spotting. Noticed it today and yesterday. We arenā€™t TTC yet so any change is a little concerning to me

Itā€™s over the counter! OLLY Ultra Strength Goodbye StressĀ® Softgelsā€“ OLLY PBC

Not sure if you can get it in the UK but you can get the supplements in this one on their own

@Lulu82 - Thank you so much! We are hoping that one of us will be able to travel to the other for [name_u]February[/name_u] and [name_u]March[/name_u]. But it is reassuring to know that, if we need to ship again in [name_u]February[/name_u], weā€™ll both be better prepared for it!

Haha yeah, I am grateful my mom is supportive and I know she means well with her advice. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if itā€™s entirely unhelpful and just stresses me out more :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m so sorry your family is reluctant to discuss things with you :disappointed: For my parents, once we got to 1-2 months away from TTC, their language changed from ā€œif you get pregnantā€ to ā€œwhen you get pregnantā€ and that made a huge difference in our communication. I guess they just needed to see the plan to TTC ironed out to feel more real. Since then, weā€™ve been able to talk more about the practicalities. (and Iā€™m right behind you there, Iā€™ll be single for 8 years this [name_f]Spring[/name_f] :sweat_smile:)

@Spark - I had that spotting once last year! It was so odd, never had it before and never had it since! To my knowledge, nothing has been abnormal.

1 Like

Oh @Elle1 it does sound a bit stressful but this is your first time right ? So it was bound to be a bit trial and error. [name_m]Don[/name_m]ā€™t be too hard on yourself. Nevertheless, fingers crossed for you! Itā€™s also hard to not think about something we want. Perhaps what she was trying to say was to relax but easier said than done.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Iā€™ll take a look at shipping. If shipping is 39393 then perhaps not lol.

1 Like

I took my last progesterone pill last night, so for once in my life I am begging my period to show up in the next few days! Once that starts I feel like I can get started on scheduling all that needs to be scheduled (bloodwork, SHG, MRI, etc.) for the next couple weeks or so. Iā€™ll be busy, but hopefully this all means that I can get to work on a [name_u]November[/name_u] baby next cycle.

3 Likes

@anon25197097 Awww thatā€™s a perfect bedroom, I bet heā€™ll love it for a long time. Let us know how Zā€™s room turns out! I think as long as you start PNV before TTC you are good. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was a surprise so I didnā€™t start them until I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and sheā€™s perfectly healthy. I wouldnā€™t stress too much about 1 month before vs 3 months before.

@morgantaylore Thatā€™s awesome, have fun! I donā€™t know how much Iā€™d like [name_f]Vegas[/name_f] if I couldnā€™t drink lol, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be great though.

@Elle1 Dang, sorry it didnā€™t go well this time. Practice round! Your momā€™s comment is frustrating! Though Iā€™m sure she means well. How far apart do you and your donor live?

@stephaniebrooke [name_f]Hope[/name_f] it starts up soon!

@Spark No Iā€˜ve never had that. Not sure what it means!

One of my apps says my period was supposed to start yesterday, one says tomorrow. Nothing so far. I usually get pretty obvious low back pain 1-2 days before my period starts and havenā€™t gotten that yet. I want to take a test, canā€™t decide if I should go get one today or give it one more day and buy a test on my way home from work tomorrow. I asked my husband what he thinks and heā€™s like ā€œehhhh I think youā€™re fine, give it until like [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] or [name_m]Friday[/name_m] before you worry about a test.ā€ Like what thatā€™s so long! How can he have that kind of patience?!

5 Likes

@Leah129 - We live across the country from each other. Iā€™m 3 hours from the Atlantic ocean, heā€™s 2 hours from the [name_m]Pacific[/name_m] ocean :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] original plan was to find a donor in my stateā€¦ But heā€™s perfect apart from the distance, so I decided we would find a way to make it work :woman_shrugging:t2:

Omg I couldnā€™t wait either!

1 Like

Itā€™s SO hard to wait! I suppose the most logical thing to do would be to wait until tomorrow, but I definitely would have a hard time waiting til then too. Fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks! Iā€™m really pleased with how Aā€™s room turned out. Itā€™s boyish and cheerful and matches his personality.

So Z wanted an orange room ( reaaaaally didnā€™t want to do an orange room but in the end I did lolšŸ¤£. So he has a orange/burnt orange I suppose? Accent wall, and the rest of his room is a very light grey. I painted the wall today but it probably needs another coat ( but it can wait) as home schooling and the boys come first. I am still waiting on a lot of his accessories to arrive but the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_m]Mail[/name_m] is a bit slow at the moment. Here is a picture or his room anyway. And then a mood board of what I am trying to kinda achieve. He is very happy with it. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner has just said he is worried for when the time comes ( hopefully) and I actually am ā€˜nestingā€™ which I definitely think is a thing when you are pregnant! He said he would come home one day and probably not recognise it as it would all be decorated hahah. ( Gosh I am not that bad)

I think you are right with the vitamins. I am going on them next month anyway. [name_f]May[/name_f] as well. It canā€™t hurt. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Oh and sorry for all the random ā€˜hey Iā€™ve been decorating picturesā€™ itā€™s very off topic. Itā€™s just been keeping me busy in this lockdown! Iā€™ve had a lot of nervous energy recently and itā€™s either decorating or cleaning and the odd bit of editorial. I only decorate a room the once lol. Otherwise that would be ridiculous

2 Likes