Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Itā€™s great that you now have some solid idea of ovulation days.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] seeing your positive attitude too and hopefully [name_f]May[/name_f] will be your month :blush:
@eleanorfrigsby I actually think that the biggish age gap sounds really lovely. Especially as your older children will/may like helping out with a new baby around. Thatā€™s sweet that your daughter wants to be a big sister.

@mill1020 [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is in our top 5 of girl combos we love hah! So yep, lovely.

@Spark any news on testing again?

@Leah129 thatā€™s a good link. I had a little read thanks.

Well I have got to go for an ultrasound and a blood test as I have been on a two week period now! With no sign of it letting up either. Iā€™ve been told by my gp to take ibropufen this weekend, 3 times a day to lessen the flow.
Iā€™m sure itā€™s just everything trying to regulate but I really donā€™t want to be on my period much longer. Itā€™s making me miserable.

2 Likes

Thank you! And wow that is scary! I hope the tests confirm everything is good and your body is just taking its time with regulating!

1 Like

AF came yesterday, but I didnā€™t have any of my usual PMS symptoms. Very strange, but the same thing happened to my cycle last spring, a few of them were just really long.

High hopes for this cycle though!!! I want my BFP

1 Like

Do you mind me asking how long? 2 weeks seems to be quite long to me. Did you ever have 2 week periods? Coming off the coil is all new to me so itā€™s hard to ascertain whatā€™s normal from abnormal. Before I had one fitted my periods were regular but heavy.
I just did my tarot cards and it talks about patience lmao. But no one likes being on a period for any more time then they have to lmao

@Elle1 Yeah I know itā€™s not IUI, thatā€™s why I put it in quotes, I didnā€™t realize there was an official term (ICI) for what it does! Thatā€™s interesting that itā€™s just a different shape that a normal syringe. I wonder too how you even know that itā€™s at the cervix when itā€™s inserted?? Thatā€™s awesome youā€™ll be visiting your donor soon! Gosh I canā€™t imagine having to deal with the variability of a cycle and buying plane tickets. Sounds stressful but you seem to be taking it in stride!

@anon25197097

@eleanorfrigsby Iā€™ve heard a lot about modern fertility (I hear it advertised on all of my podcasts lol). Itā€™s definitely something I would do if I were far off from getting a work up done by a doctor but since Iā€™ll be able to get one in a few months (if we are still trying at that point!) itā€™s probably less helpful. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] everything came back normal for you, thatā€™s definitely reassuring. Thatā€™s so scary about the ultrasound with your last pregnancy, glad to hear it all turned out ok!

@mill1020 Oh wow, thatā€™s awesome that you guys went from being totally done to having 3 (4) more!

@anon25197097 Oh dang, sorry your periodā€™s been so wonky. Thatā€™s nice that you are getting a work up though.

2 DPO here. We ended up BDing 1 day before O, O day, and 1 DPO (plus 4, 5, 6 days before O) so I think we hopefully still have a shot this month. [name_f]Do[/name_f] I have any 2WW buddies?

2 Likes

Just going as deep as I can :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The needless syringes have a really good pressure to them also :rofl:

Omg yeah Iā€™ve been pretty stressed :rofl: But I make sacrifices to manage all of this. Itā€™ll be worth it eventually!

That sounds like perfect timing! Baby dust!! :star2: :star2:

One period was 11 days with a 25 day cycle and one period was 2 days with a 46 day cycle :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve been off hormonal b/c since 2016 and theyā€™ve just been slowly getting less regular. Doctors have ruled out PCOS and Endometriosis.

Iā€™ve found that when Iā€™m strict with my no gluten and no dairy diet my cycles are much more regular 34-36 days consistently

3 Likes

Me :raising_hand_woman: We didnā€™t rally track ovulation this cycle but estimation is about 9dpo. Could be earlier or later, though!
:crossed_fingers: for you this month!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. So are your periods mostly irregular? It makes it a bit harder to determine the fertile window doesnā€™t it. :expressionless:
As I am neurotic sometimes I start feeling a bit freaked out when members of my family start throwing around terms like PCOS. But Iā€™ve had two children who were easily concieved so I find that hard to digest. I need to do some reading. I had my blood test for hormones done this morning and will know results tomorrow. [name_f]My[/name_f] period has mostly tapered off though ( typical)! So thatā€™s a good sign.
[name_f]My[/name_f] fertile window is now in [name_f]May[/name_f] and I literally donā€™t really have a clue when Iā€™ll ovulate. I know I could do OPKs but as itā€™s our first proper month in trying I donā€™t want to do them just yetm plus I feel like it takes some of the anticipation/joy away. ( Thatā€™s just my opinion though) so Iā€™m going to give it 3 months with just being super vigilant to ovulation signs. If no luck Iā€™ll be doing OPKs.

1 Like

I seen my doctor today regarding my blood work.
So basically she was a bit vague but I think I kind of got the gist of everything.
[name_f]My[/name_f] FSH and LH hormones are fine for where I am at in my cycle. ( Which is the follicula stage) as I am now off my period. And Iā€™ve stopped bleeding yay!
Progesterone is a little low? But she said was normal :thinking: I guess progesterone only kinda matters most at mid cycle and after ovulation ( Luteal stage?) Iā€™m literally just going off what I read online. If anyone is well read on this please help lol.
Obviously if an egg gets fertilised then progesterone starts to increase drastically in order to sustain the pregnancy and make womb conditions viable for Implantation?

Iā€™m really happy about the fact that my FSH and LH hormones are all normal and no major red flags there. That indicates to me that nothing is off in terms of my fertility. I have some concerns about my progesterone. So Iā€™m now going to heavily supplement with omega 3 as that is meant to help with naturally increasing progesterone. Iā€™m on a prenatal but j donā€™t think extra omega 3 will hurt.
I have also been sent for a scan to get a better idea of whatā€™s going on too. I have to book that up next week.
I guess repeat bloods in a week would have been good but I doubt my GP will do investigative blood work like that just yet as Iā€™ve not long had my coil removed.
She said realistically I need to allow my body perhaps two more cycles in order to get back in some kind of pattern. Makes sense. However, Iā€™m still having unprotected sex lol. I think [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] we will try regardless but Iā€™m just going to be realistic.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else is doing ok.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking of you! Hope this scan goes well :pray:t2:

Thank you. I canā€™t get a scan until 13th [name_f]May[/name_f]! But as itā€™s not urgent Iā€™m ok with waiting that long. And I guess theyā€™ll be able to tell if I ovulated or not too.

1 Like

They have been pretty irregular. Over this past winter, it was the most regular Iā€™ve seen in over a year. Averaging 34-36 day cycles but this [name_f]April[/name_f], I started teaching in person again so my stress skyrocketed and I started eating the school lunch which is filled with gluten, and before that I had been gluten free for a year, and my cycle went to day 50, the longest itā€™s ever been.

Hoping that this cycle is better. Iā€™m back to my strict gluten free diet and even though school is still stressful itā€™s better than it was april 5

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™m out this month! Estimated 13dpo with my period due tomorrow. Feeling like I usually do be AF, but still took a test because I couldnā€™t stop thinking about it. Negative.
If we got pregnant next month, baby would be due around our 2 year wedding anniversary (12 years together) which would be super cool. Wonā€™t get my hopes up for that, though!

@Leah129 how are you doing in your tww?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else is doing well!

1 Like

Also, I bought some ovulation tests this time because there is no way I would know otherwise because of the irregularity lol

I hope everything works out for you without the tests! Definitely more fun that way

1 Like

@Jesabel Awww Iā€™m sorry. An anniversary baby would be nice though! Iā€™m hanging in there, just trying to eat my pineapple and wear fuzzy socks lol. 7 dpo today. I think Iā€™m going to test on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (9 dpo) which of course is super early but we are taking a little weekend trip to the mountains and it would be fun to get a BFP up there. And we are meeting up with a friend that night so I want to know if I can drink a little lol. If thatā€™s a negative Iā€™ll wait until next [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] (13 dpo) to test again.

1 Like

Having a tough night, mentally.

This week, 2 girls I went to college with announced their pregnancies. Both are younger than me. Both are married. Both are due when I wanted to be due.

Iā€™m flying to my donor tomorrow. Trying to think positively. Weā€™re going at this attempt with better factors than last time. I just hope itā€™s enough to make it work :pray:

4 Likes

Hugs :heart: Itā€™s so hard when it seems like literally everyone else is having babies around you. Youā€™re not alone in your feelings. Xx

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry :pensive: I understand how hard that is. I hope it works out for you next time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, itā€™s so tough when others announce and you want to be right there with them. Stay positive!

2 Likes