Ttc 2021 😍

I’m sorry :pensive: I understand how hard that is. I hope it works out for you next time.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, it’s so tough when others announce and you want to be right there with them. Stay positive!

2 Likes

@Elle1 ooh I feel this. One of my coworkers announced last week that she is pregnant. She has a 4-month-old daughter. Come onnnnn. I’m supposed to be the next one in the office to get pregnant. But now I want to be pregnancy buddies with her!!! Anyway, good like with your trip, hope it goes much smoother than last time!

BFN yesterday at 9 dpo, which I know is probably way too early but I’m trying to not hold out too much hope. The only thing that has me questioning is that I have felt a little funny since yesterday, like occasionally dizzy and short of breath. I had almost no symptoms with my first pregnancy, but I would definitely get lightheaded and short of breath with things like hiking. Yesterday we were at a restaurant and I had this urge to rip my mask off my face bc I felt like I couldn’t breath. I wear a mask all day at work and it never bothers me so this was strange. I blamed it on being up at elevation in the mountains but now I’m still feeling similarly back home. Trying to not get my hopes up too much. [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] I’ll test again (13 dpo).

1 Like

Thank you @_thelittlefairywren @Artemis31 @georgiegeorgie @Leah129 :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

2 Likes

If I remember rightly I didn’t get any BFP with the boys until about dpo 13. Fingers crossed for you still :raised_hands:
And I feel like ripping masks off regardless hahah so I hear you.

Y’all. I am feeling super discouraged, too. Fighting with my spouse and really not seeing a solid resolution. I am really sad but I’m just not seeing how this is going to happen. #7 [name_f]May[/name_f] just be a pipe dream.

Oh no :pensive: is your husband concerned about your health still? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is he just opposed to the idea of no 7?
[name_f]My[/name_f] OH only got on board with having another I’d say late Dec? And now he is fully onboard. Before Dec last year he wouldn’t even entertain talking about it. I think men need time to process things in their own way sometimes.

It seems like there are a few of us discouraged at the moment. I feel a little bit like that on/off this month because I don’t like waiting around. I do not have any patience. Feels like I’ve waited forever to even get into some kind of fertile week ( peak is 7/8th this month supposedly) due to irregularity of periods/coil removal. And even then that’s a bit blind planning as this is only cycle 2 with having no IUD in so to speak. [name_m]Just[/name_m] having sex every other day for 3 weeks and see where that takes me.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon :hugs:. I’d love to start seeing some BFP’s this month for those trying. Would be good to see a dosage of good news.

1 Like

@mill1020 ugh, I’m sorry. Fighting with your spouse is the worst - it always makes everything SO tense. Hoping you all can come to a resolution soon that is best for everyone!

1 Like

@Artemis31, just stressed and arguing about stupid things. It will be really nice when we finally get a vacation (in a few weeks). It’s only been a few years since that happened!
We were able to resolve things yesterday, so I am feeling more hopeful again. I’m sure I’ll need to have at least a few months of “stability”, health wise, before he will be fully on board. I will lurk and keep cheering for y’all.

Name crushes: [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] and [name_f]Mayrose[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

3 Likes

Alright, after a miscarriage in [name_u]March[/name_u] and taking some time to process, DH and I are back on the TTC train :slight_smile: Hoping to just be relaxed about it and that the timing and everything will be right this time :pray:

7 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f]. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :pensive: hope everything works out for you this time round. Are you trying this month or next ,:blush:

Aahhh I understand. I have some weeks like that with my partner. Especially when I am approaching my period lol. A vacation sounds nice.
[name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I have booked a camping trip in [name_u]August[/name_u]. We are not going abroad this year because of all the covid restrictions/covid hotels here in the UK. Plus I don’t think I can honestly wear a mask for that long in an airport. And nor can my partner.
We are borrowing my in laws caravan and have picked a nice caravan site. Lots of nature and a nice beach etc. I think the boys will love it because they are very outdoorsy.

Question for everyone; when you are in the 2ww, do you take it easy with stuff or limit anything/do anything special to aid implantation?
[name_f]My[/name_f] peak is meant to be tomorrow. But I’ve been going mad on landscaping the garden, lifting heavy bags of stone chippings, painting fences, chainsawing wood lol and perhaps I shouldn’t be going to crazy? :thinking: I have a bit of nervous energy so I just occupy myself with doing a million jobs basically. The other day I thought about painting my kitchen ceiling :rofl::rofl:

I don’t know if I’ve noticed any EWCM. Maybe one day I did? Only other thing is I’ve felt quite hot too but today I was feeling chilly. I’m not doing OPKs for the first three months of trying. So just going off little signs body displays.

1 Like

@Artemis31, unless you’re suddenly ultramarathon-ing for the very first time, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. Maybe give yourself plenty of ventilation if you’re painting the fence.

We didn’t use protection this month, but I think we probably missed my ovulation by a few days so who knows :tipping_hand_woman: Like I say, we’re just going to go with it and if it happens it happens! :blush:

I’ve always heard not to start any new activity or increase activity during any time in pregnancy. So if you’re already doing activity that is equal to the landscaping, then I think you’re fine. However, if this would be a significant increase, then maybe take it easier than normal.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] opk is almost almost there so I think I’ll ovulate around [name_m]Saturday[/name_m], I feel very optimistic about this month but that’s happened every month since we starting trying almost a year ago :unamused:

What do you think about traveling while pregnant? I have a very important work trip in a couple of months, it’s abroad and it would imply long long hours traveling by plane and with stopovers… And then the risks associated with being pregnant in another country. It would be the first trimester if by some miracle I were pregnant by then. Any thoughts about this?

1 Like

My ovulation day is tomorrow and Saturday supposedly. So we have identical fertile days :blush:

With regards to traveling ( I am no expert) but provided you keep really well hydrated and don’t feel too stressed I would say travel was fine. I wouldn’t really be lifting super heavy suitcases however ( in early first trimester)? But it’s hard to say what is best, because I’m sure there have been loads of women out there who haven’t even known they were pregnant and were doing all sorts of ‘bad’ stuff in the 2ww perhaps?
I am hoping your intuition is right this month for you though and you get a BFP. :crossed_fingers:

@Elle1 ok thanks. :blush:
@mill1020 hmmm perhaps nothing out of the ordinary for me then. I walk a mile every day and do a 5 miles bike ride every other weekend. Does running after kids count as exercise too lol? I’m certainly not sedentary. As I’m always on my feet.

1 Like

I think it does really depend on your usual limit when it comes to exercise / travel. In my 2ww with my first we were doing very strenuous hikes in super hot temperatures and driving long hours everyday, camping out etc. I had no clue I was pregnant, but clearly it didn’t have any impact.

Saying that, my activity level is very different now, so I won’t be doing any super strenuous exercise in this 2ww!

I don’t think I ovulated this month, or at least I didn’t get a peak on the OPK. This is my third cycle back, but my skin has broken out this week, which, as annoying as that is(!!!) I had problematic skin before pregnancy, and so I’m hoping it’s a sign of my hormones returning to a somewhat normal level for me to be fertile again. I’m also getting some bloods done next week to check my iron / blood count and thyroid too, just to check everything is where it should be. I plan to continue breastfeeding if I do get pregnant this year, and so will need all the iron I can get :sweat_smile: We didn’t prevent this month, but as I said, no peak so I’m not getting my hopes up.

1 Like

@georgiegeorgie I’m sorry you’re breaking out, I hope it clears up soon!!

I’m officially in my TWW. Gonna try to hold off on the HCG tests until 7dpo, next [name_m]Thursday[/name_m]. 9dpo would be ideal, but I know I can’t wait that long :sweat_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] rambling thoughts on this cycle

We got the timing down as perfect as possible (insems on CD 10-13 with ovulation on CD 13). Although I still had a lot of anxiety with the travel and new people around, I was a lot less anxious than last time (yay!). And we bonded more when it was just the 2 of us, which I think can only help the process.

So much is riding on this attempt tho. I can’t fly back to my donor anytime soon. It’s a whole week off work and it is very challenging for me, overall. He is planning to come to my state within the next 2-3 months because he has family here and everyone will be fully vaxxed. Otherwise, all we have is the shipping method which is so expensive for such a low possibility of success.

We talked about freezing his sperm again. It’s just a significant challenge for him since he currently works a normal 8-4 job. He is very flighty with his career so I’m hoping he gets too bored and quits soon, so he can give freezing the sperm more energy :sweat_smile:

But here’s hoping that won’t be needed because this works :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Thank you ladies I guess unless I find it too stressful it would be fine, although if I got pregnant this month I would be around 10 weeks along by the time of the trip. Does it change anything?
@Artemis31 nice we’ll be testing buddies then :grin: how many dpo will you start testing?

1 Like