Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Keeping everything crossed for you!! Stay positive, this could be your month!

2 Likes

Bought the clearblue advanced ovulation tests and have had nothing but the flashing smiley for 6 days starting at CD 11 :sweat_smile: which means high fertility. either my peak was too low for the test to register or I missed it all together (only testing once a day) or it still hasnā€™t happened yetā€¦

[name_m]Just[/name_m] gonna keep baby dancing every other day / every day for a couple weeks and see what happens

Waiting is so hard!

2 Likes

Alright, Iā€™ve decided something for certain. If I am fortunate enough to get pregnant again, I do not want to find out the babyā€™s sex until birth (G-d willing, provided all goes well).

This will simply mean I will get to pick more names!

6 Likes

Iā€™m only 3 DPO and Iā€™m already frustrated with waiting :sweat_smile: And Iā€™ve been cramping all day, just thinking to myself ā€œthis is nothing, itā€™s too soon for implantation, your body just aches a lot, this is your 4th time going through this, stop thinking it means something.ā€ :weary:

Then I was at work today and texted all my friends/family who are moms a ā€œhappy mothers dayā€ and suddenly cried while texting my friend whoā€™s (unintentionally) pregnant. Iā€™d be embarrassed, but my coworker has seen me spontaneously cry multiple times in our 4 years together :woozy_face:

But I have some good things coming up this week to distract me, just trying to think about that!! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] shower prep :gift:, a 2nd date :coffee: (havenā€™t been on one of those since 2017!!), work :desktop_computer:, a carnival :ferris_wheel:, and my friendā€™s 30th birthday :cupcake: :blush:

Anyone else have some good distractions coming up for your TWW?

5 Likes

Hey Iā€™m in the 2ww and I am desperately trying not to symptom spot either as itā€™s too early for me in terms of symptoms and signs too.
It sounds like you have got some distractions already. Sorry you got a bit upset :pensive: the 2ww feels soooo long.

2 Likes

I wish I could have that sort of willpower :rofl:

1 Like

Also I worked out if j get a BFP in the next few weeks I could surprise my OH as itā€™s his birthday on the 28th [name_f]May[/name_f].

1 Like

I donā€™t know how many dpo I am at because my OPKs were weird this month, so could be anywhere between 0 and 4 dpo, and Iā€™m already anxious to testā€¦ Iā€™m crazy :cry: but Iā€™m really going to try to stay calm this month and not to test until next [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (7-11 dpo)

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I am testing from the 14th I think

3 Likes

Anyone struggling with mood swings too at the moment šŸ„²

2 Likes

Itā€™s so hard not to read every little twinge and cramp as ā€˜something newā€™ isnā€™t it! :sob:
Sounds like youā€™ve got plenty to keep you distracted, hope the second date goes well !

Currently 10 dpo here, although thatā€™s a rough guess as I never got a peak this month on the OPKā€™s. So no distractions here as I feel itā€™s a bit of a throwaway month tbh.

And if I get pregnant next month (end of this month technically) it will be right around when we conceived my son 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Got my ā€˜peakā€™ today!!! BD thursday, [name_m]Saturday[/name_m], today and probably tomorrow and then Iā€™m in the 2ww. Iā€™ll test around may 23 right before my in-laws come into town on the 26.

So exciting!

4 Likes

Good luck!!!:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you, and you!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone, wishing the best of luck to everyone in (or about to be in) their TWW! :sparkles:

We are still planning on TTC later this year. Iā€™m in my late 30s so Iā€™ve started charting already to get a sense of my cycle and where Iā€™m at. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a lack of egg white cervical fluid and whether you did anything (with or without success) to try and improve it?

Iā€™m not taking any other medication, but Iā€™ve already read that drinking more water and taking evening primrose oil might be helpful.

Would love to know if thereā€™s anything else anyone started doing before TTC to try and prepare and have the best chance for a BFP. :heavy_plus_sign:

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] welcome to the board. :blush:[name_u]Omega[/name_u] 3 and vitamin E supplementation is meant to help with egg quality, thickening womb lining for implantation. Which therefore overall would improve EWCM.
I had a coil removed in [name_u]February[/name_u] but we havenā€™t been trying until this month. I noticed some EWCM but I donā€™t think I get it every month. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if I do then sometimes it can be quite tricky to clock it.
What month did you have in mind and will this be first baby?

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™ll look into [name_u]Omega[/name_u] 3 and Vitamin E supplements too. Iā€™m already taking Folic Acid and the [name_f]Evening[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] oil just to get things going pre-TTC.

Weā€™re not quite sure which month yet as my partner is currently applying for new jobs, some of which are in the UK (weā€™re currently based in [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand), so international relocation might be on the cards if nothing comes up here. As soon as he gets his dream job, itā€™s babytown for us. [name_u]Or[/name_u] at least, it better be. :joy:

Yes, first baby! Iā€™m just worried about my more limited chances of conception each cycle given my age so I really want to make sure I know exactly how to make the most of each cycle before we get started. Iā€™ve started tracking waking temps and CM/CF, I probably wonā€™t bother with OPKs until we actually start.

I hope you get your BFP this month! If you can surprise your OH on his birthday on the 28th, Iā€™m sure literally any other day of the year would still be the best surprise!

1 Like

Thankyou. It certainly would be lovely to have caught the egg this month. My boys keep asking for a sibling nowā€¦ so pressure :rofl::sweat_smile:

That sounds like a good plan to have. Folic acid is a must too but most women trying know that one so I figured you already knew about that :blush:. Pre natal vitamins too? Although I do tend to take them when Iā€™m actually pregnant.
I have been on folic now for 5 months and omega 3 and vitamin E for one month. My hair looks like that of a lionā€™s mane lmao as they tend to be the vitamins for skin, hair and nails. I think I shall go tame it with some hair straighteners today.

Two of my best friends concieved in their late 30ā€™s. I definitely think every woman is different in that respect. Itā€™s hard not to get swayed by statistics sometimes isnā€™t it?
I am not doing OPKs for the first three months. And I am certainly not temp checking either. If nothing is happening after 3 months Iā€™ll be doing OPKs.

When the time comes and you start TTC then I hope you fall really quickly. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: You will have to keep us posted.

How are those doing in the 2ww? Any noticeable symptoms?

(TMI) I had some spotting yesterdayā€¦ My friends were like maybe itā€™s Implantation? But I have had spotting before my period last month so I donā€™t knowwwwww.
Only difference is, this has gone now ( itā€™s not a steady build up like last month for me) and was brownish/mucous/red? It basically didnā€™t look like a period. I had a bad headache last night for no reason. I have been a bit thirsty. ( This was a sign with my boys) Other than that, I donā€™t have any other implantation signs?
-no sore boobs

• no achiness

Iā€™m really trying not to give myself ā€˜phantom pregnancyā€™ signs.
Iā€™m holding off until testing until the end of the week too.

Sorry for that essay.
I really want to see a January-March group on Nameberry! So Iā€™m hoping this is the month for us all! (Who are TTC in the 2ww)

1 Like

No, Iā€™m not taking prenatal vitamins yetā€¦ Theyā€™re expensive and I eat a lot of whole food anyway, so Iā€™m hoping I am getting a lot of what I need through my diet (plus the folic acid supplement). Iā€™ll probably wait until Iā€™m actually pregnant before I get onto those.

Wow, I could do with some thick, shiny hair whether Iā€™m trying to get pregnant or not! :joy: Thanks for the great tip, Iā€™m definitely going to look into [name_u]Omega[/name_u] 3 and Vitamin E.

Yes, itā€™s really hard not to read about the chances of conception over 35 and not think itā€™s all doom and gloom. I had an AMH blood test last year and the news was good, my ovarian reserves are average for my age so at least Iā€™m not losing my fertility more quickly than whatā€™s ā€œnormalā€. That didnā€™t stop the consultant from telling me I should have babies ASAP - nevermind the fact that Iā€™d only been with my partner for a year at that stage. :joy:

Iā€™m on CD 15 today and still no sign of any EWCM. Maybe I just donā€™t get it anymore? :woman_shrugging: Havenā€™t had my temp shift yet either, but I did have mild cramps this morning. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I only started charted after my period this cycle, I did happen to make a note last month of mild cramps on CD 15 too. So Iā€™ll be interested to see if my waking temp tomorrow morning is up and today was ovulation day!

I hope your symptoms are a good sign for this month! Itā€™s a cruel joke that early pregnancy symptoms are pretty much the same as pre-menstrual symptoms!

1 Like

Truth!!

3 Likes