Ttc 2021 😍

An update: another negative yesterday, but still no sign of AF - my doctor sent me for bloodwork to see, he thinks I could very likely be pregnant, and said that tests don’t always pick up hcg levels in urine and that you can have low hcg and still be pregnant with no issues, so we’ll see i guess? :grimacing:

2 Likes

According to the TCOYF book, your temperature should rise the day after you’ve ovulated. Although it also mentions a “fallback rise” where your can temperature can increase the day after ovulation, but then dips the following day, only to rise again the next and stay elevated for the rest of your luteal phase until AF arrives.

I’ve just read this article which says “only 13 percent of women have a BBT rise within one day of ovulation. For many of the women in the study, BBT did not rise until more than two days after ovulation”.

So, I have a feeling OD is CD15/16 and it’s just taking a couple of days for my BBT to rise afterwards. :crossed_fingers:

That’s promising news… will keep my fingers crossed that you get your BFP from the bloodwork! Keep us posted!

1 Like

Bloodwork came back negative - now I’m concerned as to why AF still hasn’t come yet :grimacing:

Maybe you ovulated later which means a longer luteal phase? Which means your period will be later.

hopefully that’s why! lol

I was a week late on my period last month. It was frustrating but I guess some months it can happen. It’s annoying though when you are TTC.
You said this month wasn’t a big try or anything so hopefully next month will be your month

It’s very frustrating, and it’s never happened for me before! Now I’m just frustrated because when it comes, we’ll have to try and work out my ovulation time all over again :rofl:

:persevere:. How about using OPKs?

That’ll likely be the next step!

Hello all. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you are all doing ok :blush:. Those in 2ww’s, those TTC etc.

I have decided to take a 2 month hiatus from nameberry. I’m feeling a bit frustrated and Impatient with baby making efforts currently.

I feel conflicted to feel like this as this will only be month 3 of TTC. I have, however felt emotionally ready for a baby for the last year, so it feels like I have been in limbo/state of longing for the most part.
I wanted to approach TTC positively and with not too much preoccupation, it feels like TTC dominates most of my thoughts currently though and therefore I need to take a step back.

I’m finding OPKs the worse as I have yet still to obtain a positive result and I am CD 22 :confused:, which I am finding quite disappointing.

Anyway sorry for the essay!
I am going to continue to enjoy the gorgeous boys that I have, decorating, a holiday and just generally focus and grateful for the things I have, not what I don’t have.
I wish all you ladies the very best and I’ll be back soon. :white_heart:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about the OPKs, I know how discouraging that must feel, but it is just one cycle so I hope you can find a way to think optimistically about the next, or future, ones.

If you’re feeling frustrated or anxious then taking a break from Nameberry, or TTC, or whatever you need to for self-care sounds like an eminently sensible idea!

Enjoy the time with your gorgeous boys and doing whatever you need to fill your cup back up and we’ll see you again soon. :white_heart:

I understand your feelings, @Artemis31! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] to see you back soon.

1 Like

How is everyone doing?

[name_f]My[/name_f] new (easy@Home) OPKs arrived so I’m looking forward to trying those next month and, hopefully, getting less defective tests. This month was expensive with so many going to waste! Had to order them from Amazon, so I figured I’d make the most of the shipping costs and order some Pre-Seed while I was at it. Might come in handy when we eventually start TTC this year.

We met up with some friends on the weekend who just had their first baby. I couldn’t be happier for them, but I also felt a little jealous because they are having the experience right now that I so desperately want for us. I hope our personal circumstances change soon so we can finally get started.

Ok, whinge over. :wink: Good luck to everyone doing the BD or in their TWW at the moment!!

I absolutely feel this! We’re in month 6 of ttc now, however we were prepping for ttc from our wedding in feb 2020. So I feel like I’ve been waiting forever.
Although, I will say, at month 3 I felt a lot more down about it than I do now. I’m not as obsessive over it now.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything goes well and we see you back here when you’re ready!
xx

4/5 dpo here. Caught a LH surge last [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] morning, so ovulation was soon after then I assume.
I did have my second Pfizer vax the day before that, so not sure if that will affect my chances this month given the potential effects on your period. [name_f]My[/name_f] period was slightly early after my first dose. Grateful that I’ll be protected through pregnancy if we have another outbreak here (and I’m able to get pregnant) and that I may be able to pass on antibodies through breastmilk.

As we’re in month 6, DH agreed to go to the docs for some basic tests if it doesn’t happen this month. Fingers crossed though.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else is doing okay!

Very happy to say I got my BFP last week!
It was our fourth month of ttc, after some wonky cycles getting my period back after breastfeeding.
This was also the first month I decided to give the OPK’s a break as I found them a bit stressful. I also didn’t get a peak at all the previous month.
Feeling very excited, but also still not quite believing it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh wow, congratulations that’s so exciting! You wouldn’t be the first person to ditch the OPKs due to stress, I’m happy to hear you got your BFP anyway!

1 Like

Does anyone know a nickname for Gnevieve?

Congrats!! :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like