Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

Ahhh thatā€™s amazing news, good luck for the next few days!! :sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] dang it @minxtruck - sending you love for next cycle!

@Kibby sounds promising! Get busy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Digital test this morning was positive! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] like I can be a liiiiittle excited now :star_struck:

[name_u]Will[/name_u] hop over to the Due Apr-Jun 22 thread I guess, hope to see more of you over there real soon :heart:

8 Likes

Ahh congrats!! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations. [name_u]Happy[/name_u], healthy pregnancy :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

So currently on CD15 of my first cycle back and although I told myself I wouldnā€™t use OPKā€™s I couldnā€™t resist today, as I knew I must be nearing my fertile windowā€¦ but it was super super faint.

So of course now Iā€™m feeling deflated. Especially as you hear so many stories of women being most fertile the cycle after their miscarriage.

Hereā€™s hoping Iā€™m just ovulating late this month and [name_u]September[/name_u] isnā€™t out for me.

1 Like

Donā€™t lose hope! It is my understanding that there seems to be two types of women with regards to these.

1. Women who get a steady rise over a few days and then peak.
  2. Women who have faint lines and then suddenly wham bam, peak.
    I am the latter, you could be too! It also makes it harder to catch the peak with an OPK. ( Annoyingly)

Also, I do feel like OPKs can cause a lot of anxiety. They did me. I have actually just thrown mine out and not used them. I figured when I had the boys I wasnā€™t doing any of this stuff and they were concieved first month. I just read my bodily signs instead and worked out my fertile days from my cycle length. Based from my cycle length I feel like my peak day is CD 17.

Not advocating for you to do this, as some women feel very happy doing OPKs. I just feel like OPKs can already be another stressor added to a TTC journey.

Fingers crossed youā€™ve not peaked yet and youā€™ll see it real soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Back in the tww wait again, approx 2dpo (estimating from OPKs). Itā€™s funny how your emotions can change across the course of ttc. Been trying since January so in cycle 9 and some cycles Iā€™ve felt optimistic, some pretty pessimistic, and this cycle I feel nervous!

Even though weā€™ve been trying for a little while and had a CP the other month, now all of a sudden Iā€™m like, wow, what if we get pregnant this cycle?? Maybe Iā€™ve kind of felt like itā€™s not going to happen so I havenā€™t been thinking about it too much, and now Iā€™m completely back on the baby train, building my hope fortress so to speak. Not sure if thatā€™s a good thing but trying to stay positive this month haha. Or maybe having the chemical has made me realised how much anxiety I had when I was briefly pregnant.
Work has been so busy lately and Iā€™ve had a few days off so maybe I just have more time to actually think about it.

Whatā€™s everyone else doing to keep busy during ttc or while waiting to try?

5 Likes

Sorry I am only just reading and replying to this now- we have all been wiped out by a vomiting bug and Iā€™m very glad to be on the other side of it.

I think Iā€™m definitely the same as you. When Iā€™ve used them previously it felt like I would go from faint to dark within a day and then back down again. A very quick peak! It definitely adds to the anxiety and pressure of wanting to conceive and seeing the faint lines just leaves me deflated.

I think I unfortunately have missed my window with sickness this week, although maybe it delayed it who knows. But I think Iā€™m gonna do the same and leave them be next month. Take the pressure off!

2 Likes

Perhaps the nervous energy is a good sign that this month is your month! I really hope so.

Itā€™s so hard to distract yourself during the 2ww, I honestly have no tips here other than to keep positive.

2 Likes

Iā€™m back, it wasnā€™t a sticky bean :broken_heart: I guess weā€™ll try again when I figure out where I am in my cycle now.

3 Likes

@Jesabel I feel like I go through a lot of emotions - different ones each month, too! Sometimes Iā€™m like ā€œI donā€™t care if this works or notā€ other times I feel like crying every day because I feel Iā€™ll NEVER get pregnant, other times I just KNOW Iā€™m pregnant (spoiler alert: wrong!). I also feel like where Iā€™m at in my cycle affects my mood. I wish I could take my mind off of it, but staying busy and positive is all Iā€™ve got!

@georgiegeorgie oh no I hope you all are feeling better! I agree, my OPKā€™s are low until peak day when they shoot up. I may be in your boat, too - supposed to ovulate on [name_m]Friday[/name_m] and DH is having some health stuff going on that is preventing us from BDing, so I may not even get a chance to try this month. Which is a bummer because I was really hoping this would be the month. Oh wellā€¦thereā€™s always next month!

Oh gosh @sabrielschild I hate that youā€™re back. I mean weā€™re glad to have you but Iā€™m sorry. How are you feeling? Hugs to you, sweet friend.

1 Like

Thank you @meyera4. Iā€™m okay. Disappointed and frustrated, but itā€™s just one of those things. I think I was spoiled with my first pregnancy, it happened quickly and I had no complications. Itā€™s just so hard to stay pregnant this time around for some reason, I donā€™t get it. Iā€™m very aware of the age gap between my daughter and a future sibling getting bigger and bigger (she just turned 3). I didnā€™t really want a gap bigger than 4 years.

@sabrielschild Iā€™m sure youā€™re feelng a lot of things right nowā€¦itā€™s so hard. I hope you are taking care of yourself and giving yourself grace. I totally understand the age gap fear. I ended up having a 4.5 year age gap between my middle and youngest when I only wanted a 2 year gap. So that was frustrating, but it is working out really well now :slight_smile:

After my miscarriage, when I got pregnant again, my doctor prescribed Progesterone for me right away until I think 12 weeks to help prevent miscarriage and promote a healthy first trimester. Maybe thatā€™s an option? Thinking of you!!

1 Like

Oh no Iā€™m sorry about the vomiting bug. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you recover quickly. Yes it canā€™t hurt to have a break from them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Both my boys are in school now and I thought Iā€™d have a real empty nest kind of feeling and some hours of the day I do and I think about my youngest and miss him
But most of the time I am busy with my editing business that I do part time and I also like to decorate. So there is always a piece of furniture that I could upcycle. [name_u]Or[/name_u] tidy up my garden ready for the winter. So I definitely know how to keep myself busy.

I am currently in my 2ww now. I am 10 DPO but I will just be waiting for my period to arrive I think. I am one of these who gets really bad PMT so I think Iā€™ll know whether I am pregnant or not.

That first trimester is a precious one and I understand the need for wanting to keep busy.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry ! :pleading_face::pleading_face: We are all here for you if you need a soundboard.

1 Like

Youā€™re all so kind, thank you, I really appreciate it :sparkling_heart:

Really sorry to hear this. Really hope you are doing ok.
And I totally empathise with you, having had a straightforward first pregnancy too.
Hopefully next month will be our months.

1 Like