Ttc 2021 šŸ˜

I know, quite rude really when youā€™ve done all the hard work of carrying them for 9 months and birthing them!! :joy:

2 Likes

@anon25197097 Iā€™d love my next one to be dark haired/eyed like me, although dark hair with blue eyes would be adorable. I also hope they get DHā€™s curls like my DD has :heart_eyes:

I keep having dreams Iā€™ve got a little dark haired baby so :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Iā€™m in my fertile window this week and getting the best opk results Iā€™ve ever gotten. Hoping thatā€™s a good sign! It will be kind of funny if I fall pregnant this cycle as weā€™re so oversaturated for August birthdays in my family already :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Right! Haha. It seems like most firstborns I know tend to look like their dads!

1 Like

Good luck! So glad you are getting strong opks. Maybe [name_u]August[/name_u] is just the month in your house :joy: all them leos youā€™ll have a pride :joy:

1 Like

I wish this forum was more private because literally my eldest is my partnerā€™s mini me and Iā€™d love to share a picture because everyone would be woah he really is :exploding_head:

2 Likes

@namergirl3 Iā€™m sure I read an article about this, and the science behind it. Basically first born babies tend to look like the father so that he wonā€™t abandon themā€¦.charming!!!

@sabrielschild Woooo exciting! Really hope it happens for you this month :crossed_fingers::sparkles:

4 Likes

The results of my blood tests were all normal, apart from a slightly low blood sugar level which the GP wants to re-test tomorrow. She said it was just lower than the normal range, especially considering I hadnā€™t been fasting. Not really sure if that means anything TTC-wise, but hopefully it will be normal tomorrow and just a fluke? :thinking:

4 Likes

CD 28 here (unknown DPO, but pretty good estimate, period should be here tomorrow) and tested neg. I can feel my period coming on as well, so I guess Iā€™m out! We have a docs appt booked for next weekend to discuss our concerns and start some testing.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else is well! Hopefully we have some positives coming up really soon.

4 Likes

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] it came back ok today?

I called up for my blood results earlier but it just said - all normal, no action needed.
Iā€™m finding it confusing as does this mean my progesterone levels were at a normal rate or where they should be if I have ovulated? I donā€™t know.
I managed to book a follow up appt with the GP for a couple weeks time, despite the reception insisting because it was ā€˜all normalā€™ I didnā€™t need one.
Meanwhile AF is due [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] / [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. Not having any symptoms really other than Iā€™m super irritable so thinking I may be outā€¦

I just had the second sample taken today so wonā€™t get the results of that for another week or so. I donā€™t think my GP was even testing progesterone at this point, this was just a general blood screen and it came back with a dodgy sugar level :roll_eyes: Hoping itā€™s back to normal this time round.

I got a nice clear opk peak on CD11 this month. I donā€™t temp but I have tender nipples today so hoping that means I ovulated yesterday on CD12 :crossed_fingers:Thatā€™s a bit earlier than my last few, so hoping any fertilised egg has a good long while to implant properly :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I was reading about SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) so we are going to try a few extra days this month (we usually stop on ovulation day or the day after). Anyone else heard of/used this method?

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers::sparkles:

Yes Iā€™ve read into SMEP, and like the idea but because Iā€™m not getting any positive OPKā€™s at the moment it would mean BD every other day from CD10 til my next periodā€¦ which Iā€™m pretty sure neither of us have the stamina for :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve heard a few positive stories about it though!

1 Like

That sounds like progesterone was normal because if no action is required then that means they donā€™t need to investigate whether itā€™s on the lower or higher range. All sounds positive. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve not heard of this. Iā€™d like to know more :raising_hand_woman:t2:

@anon25197097 This is what I was reading: SMEP Step by Step - Sperm Meets Egg Plan

To me it looks like basically making sure thereā€™s sperm ready and waiting in the fallopian tubes throughout your fertile period, and covers for unexpected late or early ovulation? Common sense I guess, but nice to have it laid out on a schedule (for me anyway!) :blush:

2 Likes

Both of my kids have blonde hair, but so did my husband when he was a baby and his is almost black now, so who knows what theyā€™ll end up with when theyā€™re olderā€¦ But it might be nice if if we had a baby with brown hairā€¦ I wouldnā€™t mind if we ended up with a kid who keeps his curly hair. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughterā€™s was curly when she was little, but the longer it gets the straighter it gets it seems. And my son got my stick straight hair. So if we had one who kept a little curl, I would like that! I also kind of hope we end up with a baby with green eyes. Weā€™ve got one brown, one blueish (but will maybe be greenish? I donā€™t know how late that develops)ā€¦ But I also love the brown haha. Weā€™ve kind of got the best of both worlds with the kids we have (both eye colors, a boy and a girl, curly and straight) so at this point Iā€™m good with whatever we get.

I thought I was maybe going to ovulate this week. I had some spotting a few days ago that was a little odd for me, so I thought maybe ovulation spotting? But no temp shift yet. I ovulated super late with both of my pregnancies, Iā€™m slightly jealous of people with regularish cycles. But I was able to get pregnant ovulating on like CD40-60, so I canā€™t complain too much? It just takes my body some time I guess. Weā€™re still not really in a big rush, but if it happened in the next month or two weā€™d all have birthdays pretty close together, which would be fun.

I got a little excited about names this week, which is my telltale sign of impending baby craziness. I was trying to find a boy name that I love, still nothing. I could probably have 4-5 more girls before I run out of names I want to use, but boys are HARD.

2 Likes

Thank you

Ohhh as far as features and attributes baby acquires, I really hope they have his hair colour, dark dark brown almost black. Iā€™m really torn on skin tone, he has a more olive complexion but Iā€™m porcelain and freckles haha Iā€™d love a little one with freckled cheeks though. But I also burn if someone whispers ā€œsunshineā€ in the next room. I have a weird hope that maybe they get my teeth and his jaw, or his teeth and my jaw and hopefully avoid braces haha. We both had them but got opposite problems. [name_f]My[/name_f] teeth are too big, his are too small haha.

So, Iā€™ve been pregnant a fair few times now, 5 in total. If I can offer my absolute best timing tip, like the one that has gotten me pregnant every time (literally), regardless of when my actual ovulation window is (ovulation is truly a 12-24 hour window, best have that sperm waiting), about 3/4 days before ovulation I get my most fertile cervical mucus/discharge. TMI - But itā€™s like uncooked egg whites, and some cycles thereā€™s a gross amount. I donā€™t check my cervix, I see this when I wipe. If I have sex that day I see that, it has resulted in a pregnancy. Now, I do not get that every month unfortunately, and I donā€™t want to be one of those ā€œDo this one crazy trick to get pregnant fastā€ because it may not work for you. For all of my pregnancies I have not had sex in that ovulation window but days before. Sperm can live up to 5 days inside in ideal conditions (Iā€™ve gotten pregnant with sex on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] night with Ovulation on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], confirmed by temping, only sex I had that month haha) but the more likely range is 3/4 days depending on both partners. I also want to add, every cycle weā€™ve conceived in, weā€™ve had sex only once or twice. We rarely hit every day or multiple times a day.
I rambled there but I am open to follow up questions haha

I highly doubt we conceived this month but luckily his rotations home fall over our next two fertile windows. If we conceive in [name_u]December[/name_u] the due date will be right around my 33rd birthday. Crazy to think I started the TTC journey at 27. I always imagined Iā€™d have a completed family by now.

5 Likes

Really appreciate you sharing that and your insight into your own fertility journey. Iā€™ve noticed the same, Iā€™ve been pregnant twice, and this [name_f]Summer[/name_f] I had the EWCM on CD11ā€¦ so a good few days earlier than when I was due to ovulate. We also donā€™t do it everyday or every other (although Iā€™m sure this would help!) just due to work schedules / life in general.

Iā€™m gonna be 33 next year as well and always imagined Iā€™d have 2 or 3 (or more!!) by this point. I really hope one of the next two cycles will be successful for you :crossed_fingers::sparkles:

We are out for this month, AF arrived last night, bang on schedule. If weā€™re lucky in [name_u]December[/name_u] Iā€™ll be able to test right around [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] :gift:

4 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! Tentatively wading into this thread. I have been on nameberry for many years, but only now am approaching actually having kids! However, given that it is so late in the year really it will be next year before any very intentional trying happens.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I got married recently and live in the Midwest. He is a lawyer, I work in education and we are both 26. Our timeline for TTC has crept backwards over the last few months, from spring/summer 2023 to late 2022 to maybe now? I have planned for a while to come off the pill, and next week will be my last week on it. I have been on the pill for many years and just felt done with it, and with being the one primarily responsible for birth control. However, I figured we would use condoms until we decided we actually wanted to start trying, but my husband has now been saying vague statements like ā€œhey whatever happens happensā€ but also recently said ā€œwe should get pregnant in December.ā€ It feels like a bit of a reversal of roles, since I have always been the more enthusiastic one when it come to having a baby, and frankly it has taken me by surprise!

All that being said I am okay waiting a bit longer, but am trying to make sure I am physically prepared if I do get pregnant soon. I eat a fairly healthy vegetarian diet and am reasonably physically active, although I could be more for sure. I am pretty small and therefore donā€™t eat tons, and always worry I am deficient in something. I currently am taking a multivitamin as well as [name_m]Zinc[/name_m] and [name_m]Iron[/name_m] (not every day, it does irritate my stomach). I cross checked with the recommended contents of prenatal vitamins, and all I am not getting in my current regimen is calcium and iodine. Think that alone is a good enough reason to switch now to a prenatal? I have a doctors appointment later this month and I will of course ask then too.

Looking forward to joining in on these discussion on occasion! Continuing the conversation about an imagined childā€™s features, I have always pictured our kids looking like my husband. They are all but guaranteed to have black or close to black hair (we both do), and he has very dark brown eyes I imagine our kids inheriting. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has a great jawline and I have a weak one, so I very much hope our kids get that from him! I know he wants them to be tall like his family. He is about 6ft, and is the tallest in his extended family, but most men are around 5ā€™10". [name_f]My[/name_f] family has an average male height of about 5ā€™7", so it will be interesting to see far down the road whose genes win out!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the thread :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: