Ttc 2022

Wishing you the best!

2 Likes

Idk if this could really be relevant, but you might want to talk to your doctor about the extended bleeding. I had 4 ovarian cysts when I was 20 & the reason we found them was because I called an OBGYN after I had 17 days of bleeding. One of the cysts was very large & at risk of rupturing so I had to have surgery to remove them.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry to hear! I’m pretty sure this is just my postpartum hormones regulating as I just had a baby last year and I still breastfeed but I’ll keep it in mind.

3 Likes

Congratulations and all the best for your pregnancy. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Well, I finally have an update. [name_f]My[/name_f] period started today, on CD 79…so it’s been another looooonnng cycle. I fully expected this, so I’m fine.

Wishing the best to others.

5 Likes

TTCed, Conceived and lost in late July, unsure if TTCing again as I don’t feel up for it …

My post if you’d like to read/comment/whatever

@lysia, I’m so sorry for the pain you’ve experienced :slightly_frowning_face: whether you decide to TTC again or not, you’re more than welcome here :heart:

———-
Times like this, I’m sad they deleted the Everything But Names category, because of some of the venting threads when you have no one irl to bounce things off of…
But this one is TTC related. I received a notice that my primary provider/ob (small town, so not uncommon here for it to be the same person) is going to be slowly retiring and I have to switch. I’ve had the same doctor for almost 8 years now and he’s been there through everything. He diagnosed me with things related to my infertility and related health. He delivered my son and we had talked extensively about what future deliveries would be. Now that all goes out the window, right as we were contemplating re-exploring infertility treatments. Ugh.

I don’t want to discount the other providers. I’ve never met them before but I’m sure they are qualified. I don’t like change and I don’t like the idea of having to start from scratch and play catch up with someone new. Depending on who I choose, I may still have to find an OB…in a small town with literally 2 options. One of which was my doctor. They are completely booked, unless I choose the new OB as my primary… this is so, so unwelcome right now.

2 Likes

Three negative and two failed tests later (so different than my first pregnancy), we found out it’s really happening! It still hasn’t hit me yet. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks, and I think it will become real then.

Unlike my first pregnancy, we will find out the sex of the baby this time around so I’m guessing we will nail down the name pretty early in the pregnancy. I’ve felt pretty strongly about names either way, but now that it’s real, I’m questioning everything :laughing: I’m sure I’ll be posting frequently in the next few months, then I’ll circle back around to the two choices I already have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I found out that I am no longer expecting.

I experienced bleeding over the weekend and suspected a miscarriage.

The doctor confirmed today and said it was an early loss, and we were free to TTC as soon as we want. The first due date would have been perfect with a spouse who works in education on the academic calendar but the next one would be less idea. So we’re back to the drawing board deciding what to do.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear :heart:

1 Like

@jk_garrison I am so sorry to hear that

Another month in…I think I just ovulated a day or two ago. I am not tracking my temperature again because while I loved the data I also stressed about the data a lot, and I am trying to be a little less stressed. It hasn’t been particularly long that we have been trying, but it has definitely moved from fun into a chore already. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband did not want to hear about any suggestions to make it feel more exciting, but hopefully over time he will be willing. Assuming I don’t get pregnant this month next cycle I will be ovulating right near our anniversary, which would be a shame to spoil.

I am waffling between telling myself not to get my hopes up and thinking that I need to allow myself to believe that I can and will get pregnant. I am not sure how to balance that right now, aside from keeping busy.

2 Likes

Joining this a bit late, realistically I’ll be more on the 2023 one… but I have a date to have my contraception removed! So this will be true for me in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Out again.

Hanging for my cycle to start so we can officially start trying in Nov :smiling_face_with_tear: I was due yesterday and feel sooo heavy I just wanna bleed already. I (usually) have short cycles so should be able to TTC by next weekend… c’mooon body :weary::weary:

2 Likes

Looks like I’m most likely out this cycle, too. While I don’t know when things happen in my cycle, it has been over a month since my period ended. Tests were negative. Hoping this cycle is at least somewhat short so we can have another chance before 2023.

2 Likes

Argh I’m now in a similar boat! Still no sign of mine… [name_u]Will[/name_u] be the 4th postpartum so variation is to be expected I guess but I’ve had PMS for over a week now. Thinking about taking a test but would be quite miraculous as we haven’t been trying :thinking: will try wait another week before testing as that sh*t ain’t cheap.

1 Like

Well, it looks like we may have an indication why I haven’t been getting pregnant - it seems my husband’s sperm count may be quite low. After the last cycle didn’t work, again, we bought a fairly fancy home sperm test just to “rule that out”. Honestly I hadn’t seriously considered for a second the idea that the issue could be him and not me. Well we did the test last night and it came back that his sperm count is below the 10th percentile. Mind you, there were some bubbles on the testing slide that weren’t supposed to be there, so that may be lower than it actually is, but I think either way it is pretty clear that his sperm are not doing great.

[name_f]My[/name_f] fertile window starts this weekend so we will try this time and once I have ovulated we will repeat the sperm test to see if we get the same results and if so we will make an appointment for a real sperm analysis. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband also I think is realizing he needs to make changes to his diet and exercise, but we will see if he actually follows through with that.

I am really struggling to determine how to feel about this. I am trying to reassure my husband that the test probably wasn’t completely accurate, which is true, and that we should repeat it to confirm, which is also true, but man. This is hard. Somehow the idea that the issue could be him is just an enormous shock to me. I have had a gut feeling something wasn’t right, and I would have been sad if it was me but I would have done whatever I had to do, and wouldn’t even have been that upset if we needed donor eggs. However I don’t get to fully decide that for him, and I don’t know what he would want to do if this isn’t something that can be improved with lifestyle changes. IUI and hope one makes it? Go all the way to IVF? Donor sperm? A slight silver lining is that he has 3 brothers, and the one that is most like him in looks and personality already has a child, so perhaps he would be an option. That’s a hard thought, though - I don’t care at all if I am genetically related to our children, but somehow the idea of them not being my husband’s is crushing.

Sorry for this brain dump - I have been mentally spiraling for 12 hours. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is handling this right now by being extra funny and goofy, and I am trying to keep it fairly light too so that I don’t inadvertently sound like I am blaming him, which I am not. If he won’t follow through on lifestyle changes that may help it will get a lot harder, but at this point it could even be a genetic issue he has no control over.

4 Likes

Take a breath!!! I can tell you are definitely running through this at record breaking pace in your head. I think the first step is to book a proper semen analysis, and ASAP. I understand wanting to wait for ovulation and another chance but you are clearly stressing out hard, the appointment can always be canceled if you do conceive this month, but at least you’ll have it booked sooner if you don’t.
There are SO many options if it is a low sperm count issue, but there are other issues that can plague sperm as well. Keep in mind the timing of the test matters, whether or not he’s been ejaculating often, if he’s take hot baths, and any number of factors. It could have just been a one time blip or a bad test. If it is an issue going forward, there are a lot of steps before considering donor sperm, (though I feel like with some men it becomes a pride thing.) I think an IUI is the first clinical solution to consider, where they just help his sperm find the egg.
In the interim, I’d recommend trying PreSeed lubricant and definitely the health and lifestyle changes. Make sure he’s also taking vitamins, they are just as important for mens fertility as they are for ours!

I’m sorry for the stress you are feeling, but I’m hoping that this doesn’t end up being an issue for you guys!!

3 Likes

Hello, I’ve been reading your updated and I appreciate everyone’s vulnerability in sharing this journey!

It’s been a roller coaster of a month since the miscarriage. It seems like most people can’t wait to try again, but we feel like we’ve been knocked back down to step one of being unsure if we want to add a third child. We’re a bit more hopeful about what jobs will look like next year, so I think we’re leaning towards “yes”. The holiday season with its [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] pajamas and traditions always gets me in a baby mood, so that lean might get stronger :laughing: We’re thinking about trying again next month. With my current cycle, our date to take a pregnancy test would be [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] day! That probably shouldn’t weigh into a decision to create life, but it does seem magical!

4 Likes

@Beort12
I second everything Kibby said. A proper test done in a professional environment under the right conditions and interpreted by a professional should be the next step. With how many factors can lead to inaccurate results, it may be premature to worry just yet. Male factor infertility is real. A study I found (Trends of male factor infertility, an important cause of infertility: A review of literature - PMC) estimates that around half of all cases of infertility is caused by male factor infertility, which is much higher than I thought, but it isn’t nearly as uncommon as one would think.

No matter what is going on with either of you, I hope you can get some answers soon. Remember that this is something you are battling together and, regardless of what tests show, it is no one’s “fault”. It is an unfair, unfortunate situation and one that can take a toll on one mentally. My friends who deal with MFI have told me it is especially hard on the men because of societal concepts of manhood and masculinity and men often feel like the fixers and this is something they can’t do much about. That could be why he’s acting funny but I don’t know.

@jk_garrison ugh, the little jammies and all of that get me too! Christmas Day would absolutely be magical to find out!

As for me, my period ended up coming yesterday. Seriously, I had just set the timer after doing a test and realized I was bleeding. What timing… but hey, this cycle was 41 days which was better than the 78 day cycle that came before it! I’m happy about that but am not particularly optimistic about conceiving this cycle. It would be a wonderful surprise but it just seems very unlikely.

2 Likes