Ttc 2022

14DPO here with no line so I’m going to assume we’re out again as well. Safe to say I’m finding it hard :sweat_smile:

There’s the disappointment of not being pregnant obviously, but also an increasing anxiety with each failed cycle that SO is going to say we should stop trying for a while. I can just feel it coming. I know that’s not a bad idea in reality, but it feels too much like saying “it’s not going to happen”. I don’t want to admit defeat, even though I know that’s not what we’d be doing… stupid, I know.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] things are going better for the rest of you anyway! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@SoJoCo congratulations!! I hope you have a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby!

@Archer27 I know exactly what you mean by that mix of anxiety and disappointment. You described it very well! I will say thing month we haven’t tried because the due date would be literally within a day or two of my sister’s wedding, and I will say I do feel some sense of relief. I planned to still chart my temps, but haven’t even done that. I find that that makes me pretty stressed. I may well start up again next month anyways because I like the info, but I am also considering stopping, because I have consistent enough fertile days that I can make sure we get in some good tries anyway. It feels good for a month at least not to be questioning my body so much.

1 Like

Came back to check the date of this post cause I’m still bleeding 11 days later :woozy_face: 16 days since we “tried”. Pre-pregnancy I never bled longer than 4 days. It hasn’t been a super heavy bleed and no other notable pms symptoms… I’m almost wondering if I should do a pregnancy test?

Edit: test was negative but I still feel super strange. Hormones must be all over the place!

3 Likes

Cautiously bowing out of this group. Got my positive last week. We miscarried right before 10 weeks with our last so not quite at that believing things could actually be happening this time….

11 Likes

Wishing you the best!

2 Likes

Idk if this could really be relevant, but you might want to talk to your doctor about the extended bleeding. I had 4 ovarian cysts when I was 20 & the reason we found them was because I called an OBGYN after I had 17 days of bleeding. One of the cysts was very large & at risk of rupturing so I had to have surgery to remove them.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry to hear! I’m pretty sure this is just my postpartum hormones regulating as I just had a baby last year and I still breastfeed but I’ll keep it in mind.

3 Likes

Congratulations and all the best for your pregnancy. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Well, I finally have an update. [name_f]My[/name_f] period started today, on CD 79…so it’s been another looooonnng cycle. I fully expected this, so I’m fine.

Wishing the best to others.

5 Likes

TTCed, Conceived and lost in late July, unsure if TTCing again as I don’t feel up for it …

My post if you’d like to read/comment/whatever

@lysia, I’m so sorry for the pain you’ve experienced :slightly_frowning_face: whether you decide to TTC again or not, you’re more than welcome here :heart:

———-
Times like this, I’m sad they deleted the Everything But Names category, because of some of the venting threads when you have no one irl to bounce things off of…
But this one is TTC related. I received a notice that my primary provider/ob (small town, so not uncommon here for it to be the same person) is going to be slowly retiring and I have to switch. I’ve had the same doctor for almost 8 years now and he’s been there through everything. He diagnosed me with things related to my infertility and related health. He delivered my son and we had talked extensively about what future deliveries would be. Now that all goes out the window, right as we were contemplating re-exploring infertility treatments. Ugh.

I don’t want to discount the other providers. I’ve never met them before but I’m sure they are qualified. I don’t like change and I don’t like the idea of having to start from scratch and play catch up with someone new. Depending on who I choose, I may still have to find an OB…in a small town with literally 2 options. One of which was my doctor. They are completely booked, unless I choose the new OB as my primary… this is so, so unwelcome right now.

2 Likes

Three negative and two failed tests later (so different than my first pregnancy), we found out it’s really happening! It still hasn’t hit me yet. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks, and I think it will become real then.

Unlike my first pregnancy, we will find out the sex of the baby this time around so I’m guessing we will nail down the name pretty early in the pregnancy. I’ve felt pretty strongly about names either way, but now that it’s real, I’m questioning everything :laughing: I’m sure I’ll be posting frequently in the next few months, then I’ll circle back around to the two choices I already have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I found out that I am no longer expecting.

I experienced bleeding over the weekend and suspected a miscarriage.

The doctor confirmed today and said it was an early loss, and we were free to TTC as soon as we want. The first due date would have been perfect with a spouse who works in education on the academic calendar but the next one would be less idea. So we’re back to the drawing board deciding what to do.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear :heart:

1 Like

@jk_garrison I am so sorry to hear that

Another month in…I think I just ovulated a day or two ago. I am not tracking my temperature again because while I loved the data I also stressed about the data a lot, and I am trying to be a little less stressed. It hasn’t been particularly long that we have been trying, but it has definitely moved from fun into a chore already. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband did not want to hear about any suggestions to make it feel more exciting, but hopefully over time he will be willing. Assuming I don’t get pregnant this month next cycle I will be ovulating right near our anniversary, which would be a shame to spoil.

I am waffling between telling myself not to get my hopes up and thinking that I need to allow myself to believe that I can and will get pregnant. I am not sure how to balance that right now, aside from keeping busy.

2 Likes

Joining this a bit late, realistically I’ll be more on the 2023 one… but I have a date to have my contraception removed! So this will be true for me in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Out again.

Hanging for my cycle to start so we can officially start trying in Nov :smiling_face_with_tear: I was due yesterday and feel sooo heavy I just wanna bleed already. I (usually) have short cycles so should be able to TTC by next weekend… c’mooon body :weary::weary:

2 Likes

Looks like I’m most likely out this cycle, too. While I don’t know when things happen in my cycle, it has been over a month since my period ended. Tests were negative. Hoping this cycle is at least somewhat short so we can have another chance before 2023.

2 Likes

Argh I’m now in a similar boat! Still no sign of mine… [name_u]Will[/name_u] be the 4th postpartum so variation is to be expected I guess but I’ve had PMS for over a week now. Thinking about taking a test but would be quite miraculous as we haven’t been trying :thinking: will try wait another week before testing as that sh*t ain’t cheap.

1 Like