Ttc 2024

Finally a very dark positive OPK on CD24 at like 6pm! [name_f]Praise[/name_f] the [name_m]Lord[/name_m]!

I’m so happy! I know ovulation may be tomorrow or even the day after but at least there’s a chance! I know it’s considered “late” now but if it’s tomorrow hopefully [name_m]Thursday[/name_m], [name_m]Friday[/name_m] & [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] were enough tries (and maybe tonight or tomorrow?) I know it only takes once but I guess I want to make the most of it now that it’s hopefully happening for real this cycle :smiley:

4 Likes

So glad you had a good birthday week! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] belated! :partying_face:

Envious of you getting to hang things. We’re renting still (anticipated move next year when we’ll have been here 2-3 years and we didn’t want to buy without knowing we were going to be here longer) and, while our landlords allow hanging things with needles :roll_eyes: we’ve tried to hang things and it just doesn’t work like they insist it does…so we both really look forward to buying maybe next year wherever my husband gets his first post-doctoral job and we can hang more than a calendar lol So that’s neat!

Yes, I think those sorts of griefs are different but both very sad/frustrating.

@turnip yes, it’ll take you a few months to see a pattern particularly with BBT.
@pacifica second morning urine is typically recommended for testing LH as opposed to first morning like with HCG (pregnancy). It also helps to hold it for at least 2-4hrs so that the concentration is high enough to yield an accurate result.

Best wishes to all :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok, I know full well I wouldn’t already know if I’m pregnant but that hasn’t stopped me from interpreting every little symptom as “a sign” :joy: and doing wayyyy too much Googling.

In an attempt to keep myself (somewhat) busy, I’ve been rewatching Bridgerton since the new season is relatively close, and pulling extra hours at work. But it’s not doing much to keep my thoughts at bay. They really need to develop a method for knowing instantly if you conceived. Is there anything y’all like to do to preserve your sanity during waiting periods?

1 Like

I think this is such an important thing for people to realise. Theres is so much angst and frustration created when “it didn’t happen the first time”, but that is so statistically unlikely. Most providers recommend 12 months of trying before seeking assistance because that’s how long it can taken, even if both partners are in tip top health.

Give yourself room to breath. Xx

2 Likes

Luckily we figured out that there was a “not” missing in that sentence :sweat_smile: I’m aware it takes several tries more often than not, but a 20% success rate per year still seemed a little too small. (Just doing cowboy mathematics, that would mean the average baby takes 5 years to conceive. Simply from considering the most common sibling age gaps, that couldn’t be true.)

1 Like

Thanks for the logic! :revolving_hearts: That’s what I need more of, I think. It’d be awesome if it happened quickly but realistically I’ve probably got a long road ahead of me.

I’m doing better as time goes on and focusing on other things like hobbies and home projects is helping. I’ll just have to keep reminding myself to manage expectations.

1 Like

Feeling a bit down today at 8DPO. Not too bad, we had a weekend getaway to [name_f]Miami[/name_f] last weekend so that’s helped and I decided to stop temping after confirming ovulation occurred and just test on 3/9 (11DPO) as it’s DH’s spring break so I don’t want to wake him every morning with testing.

I think I’m just a bit down because spring is on the horizon and I’ve always wanted to have my first baby be a spring baby. I know that’s super particular and don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled to have a baby this year even if it’s in the late fall/early winter but I was hoping to be almost ready to have my first at 30, not still trying to hopefully have my first by 31.

That said, we got O, O-2, O-4, and O-5. Still, I guess I’m a little cautious to be optimistic that it’s going to happen without intervention…

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are doing well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cms1512 I’m glad you got to get away for a bit! How was the weather in [name_f]Miami[/name_f]? Very jealous because over here it has been really cold and gray (typical for here but still a downer). It’s even tried to snow a couple of times… :cold_face:

Recently I’ve been occupied with feeding new (?) strays that’ve shown up around my house. Up to one chicken and two cats now that I bring out food for. I’m not sure why the house seems to be a magnet but I don’t mind making sure they have something to eat.

I’m still feeling pretty impatient to take a pregnancy test. It’s too early but I keep having things happen that seem like symptoms and even if I’m not pregnant it’d be nice to know if I’m potentially sick for some other reason and just doing too much wishful thinking lol

It was a bit rainy but hot/humid, in the high 70s/low 80s. We were inside most of the time but it was good other than that!

What DPO are you? I’m 9DPO and plan to test [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] at 11DPO and then 12DPO if my period doesn’t show.

1 Like

Totally! At least twice after a negative test I wasn’t sure if I’m more bummed about not being pregnant or about still having no explanation for why I was feeling odd :sweat_smile:

I visited my parents for the weekend and not only did I see my godson (who is beginning to walk and such a happy child :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ), I got to have a little chat with his mother, making her the third person irl who knows we’re actively ttc.
I’ve also started measuring my temperature every morning to try and track my cycle. It’s too early to tell if it’s working but I’m optimistic.

2 Likes

If the humidity weren’t a thing that sounds like perfect weather! :sun_with_face:

I’m 8 DPO today. Inseminated on the 26th of [name_f]February[/name_f] so I figure I’ll take my first test 2 weeks out from that, so on the 11th. Period is due on the 13th so I guess… I’ll keep testing until it shows up or I get a BFP! :woman_shrugging:

@Wandarine that sounds like a lovely visit! Is he a bit wobbly on his feet or walking like a champ? So cute!! The only little one in my life is my cousin’s daughter and she’s getting so big it’s crazy to me. Soon she’ll be in kindergarten :sob:

And yes i totally agree, i mostly just want a reason for how I’m feeling. Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon (i never nap) and went to bed early and still feel tired today plus a little nausea and what might be hot flashes at night. They don’t make me sweat but I’ve just felt oddly warm in a way I’m not used to since I run cold.

1 Like

The Metformin I take for my PCOS has messed with me so much (nausea, fatigue, etc) that I don’t really think anything is pregnancy anymore so if it happens without intervention, maybe I’ll be surprised lol although my body seems to have finally adjusted to this dosage after upping in [name_f]October[/name_f] (almost six months ago :weary: :melting_face:) so maybe I’ll need to up it again soon.

Ugh starting BBT is rough. Yeah, it takes a while to notice patterns. The nice thing is now I know I typically have a dip the day of ovulation so it’s a nice warning!

2 Likes

The nice thing is that if the symptoms are from pregnancy, HCG will be high enough to test positive. That’s what I remind myself.

I’m not testing until Sat/Sun but I kinda have a feeling I might already be out this cycle as I don’t really feel any different (maybe that’s naïve? lol) which leaves one more shot for a 2024 baby. Of course, if implantation is typically 8-10DPO I wouldn’t feel anything yet anyway.

We’ll see! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you all have any fun plans?

1 Like

You never know! Some folks go through pregnancy relatively symptoms free. I’m crossing my fingers we all have 2024 babies even if the window is closing.

I’m almost a bit wary of testing, so I think I’m going to be good and wait until at least [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] or [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. Perks or downfalls of my job is I can look at my uterus on ultrasound and the lining looks nice and plump so either period is on track or this month is lucky. Hard to say either way… I saw a fluid-filled area in the lining but it could easily be pre-period related

Plans wise I’m trying to decide how I want to start a garden. There are some drainage issues in the area of my yard I’d like to use so I may put off raised beds in favor of an indoor herb garden until that’s sorted.

[name_f]My[/name_f] two really good friends had opposite experiences where one doesn’t really have any symptoms (and can still jog until her center of gravity is completely thrown off) and another one who was nauseous almost the entire pregnancy and had just about everything in the book (including an ER visit because she was vomiting blood and she’d been so sick she tore some of the lining in her throat). [name_f]Baby[/name_f] was fine though. Hoping I maybe land in the middle of them if I’m able to get pregnant.

That is a nice perk of your job!
I admire people who garden. We live in a 3rd floor apartment right now but I was never much use in it anyway. I admire people who have the patience.

Ahh that’s so scary for the one friend! I’m in the camp of wanting to have some symptoms for reassurance purposes like–yes, you are indeed pregnant–but not totally miserable. I don’t have a ton of outside experience to draw from since a lot of my friends either are child free or still don’t want kids -yet- but from my patients I’ve heard a whole spectrum of different symptoms. Pregnancy is such a big gamble all around, even if you’ve done it before it can still be so different the next time.

You know, it’s funny because ask me anytime prior to a year or two ago and I would’ve laughed at the idea of having a garden. Growing up my family was into it big time (mostly for flowers, not food) and child me loathed getting sentenced to yard work chores or dragged to nurseries to buy more plants… but we grow up and change ig. Honestly I feel like as nerdy as it sounds, farming simulator games like Stardew [name_f]Valley[/name_f] really gave me the gardening bug.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I’m sorta wondering how my own body would handle pregnancy. I typically have a pretty high pain tolerance and most medications don’t bother me that much (the Metformin was a surprise but it knocks down most everybody). I’m curious if I’ll get all the weird ones or none at all or somewhere in between. Trying not to think about it too much in case it never comes…

Yeah, growing up my mom was into gardening a lot but I would lay out on a blanket while she gardened reading a book instead.

11DPO and BFN this morning. Technically I’m not out but I feel like I am. I’ll probably test tomorrow or [name_f]Monday[/name_f] again with some faint hope.

I just don’t get it. How can I be confirming that ovulation took place with LH + BBT and sperm just isn’t meeting the egg? I know I have PCOS and this is only cycle 7 but anovulation is the main cause of infertility with PCOS. Only 1-2ish more cycles to go until my OBGYN wanted us to come in at 9mos and he really didn’t think we’d have this much trouble since my cycles were mostly regular before BC.

Also my “friends that are pregnant and due this year” climbed to 6 today. Most with their 2nd, one with her 1st, one with her 5th. :melting_face:

le sigh hope everyone else’s weekends have been more positive. Tonight’s a sad night but that’s okay. Brighter days are ahead for all of us, hopefully. :sparkles:

3 Likes

Really feeling it last night and today too @cms1512.

I’m having a generally lovely weekend visiting one of my oldest friends… and her two gorgeous kids and she’s heavily pregnant. Yesterday I met up with several other friends and they all brought all their kids.

Really nice and also awful. And no one’s fault, which is almost worse.

And today is Mother’s [name_f]Day[/name_f] in the UK. Loads of social media posts etc. Lots of posts also about support for people who don’t have their mum with them and people posting about support for those who are struggling to be mums, and this year both of those are me.

Also also DH isn’t here because of a clash with something with his friends. Usually fine, we just miss each other a bit, but very hard this weekend.

Also a BFN this morning but its very early (not even sure I’ve ovulated yet this cycle). So I’m not out yet, but I’m qlso not feeling very hopeful about it all.

3 Likes

@cms1512 it may be that the conditions and timing were right but things just didn’t line up. Only a percentage of people with the “ideal” health and timelines end up conceiving in any given month and this may not mean anything is wrong but that this wasnt the month. Then again, it may be the month still! One thing I’ve tried to drill into my head in recent days is it’s not 100% a wash until AF appears.

Sending you massive love @Maerad, mother’s day can be a fraught holiday and I’m sorry it’s doubly difficult for you. I hope you get to do something that gives you comfort or relaxation! :yellow_heart:

I’m not here with anything more positive unfortunately. I ended up testing yesterday and BFN morning and evening. Really feeling y’all with the “it could be early but not optimistic” sentiment. It’s just so confusing because there’s all these little symptoms that are different or amplified compared to my normal PMS ones and that got me hopeful… but it may be a red herring.

[name_f]My[/name_f] friend who did IUI validated me a little bit though, and this is what she had to say. I feel like it applies for any of us TTC who are waiting to see if things panned out:

I’ll say that I do believe you (general you) can tell that early, but also that it might still not pan out - you can feel tired and drained etc because your body is working on getting knocked up but it might not ‘take’. So I don’t think you’re delulu, you almost certainly really do have physical effects happening from this, but it’s best not to get hopes up to too high at the start. I’m hoping that it’ll work out for you! Crossing everything!

Basically you have a bunch of hormones and other stuff going on in your system, which would make anyone tired/nauseated/etc. It’s not your imagination (and probably not an unrelated stomach bug or something).

huge hugs and good luck

2 Likes